Question Is there anything in place to prevent RPF feedback retaliation?

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
How does one prevent this? On two different occasions I had two seperate people PM me and say that if I left them negative feedback they were going to do the same. I've eve PM'd the mods with this info to no avail.
I think it's a great system but at this rate what's the point? If someone gives you negative feedback because you wronged them in some way just do the same to them?

Yup, received bad feedback in retaliation myself. And yeah, I reported it. A couple times, in fact. Nothing ever came out of it. Geez, this was years ago now.

Basically, I bought a digital (pepakura) file from another member. They were listed as unlocked, and in their sales thread another member had even asked if they were locked or not. The answer was they are unlocked. The one I bought was locked. Long story short, the seller thought he was clever and that nobody had ever heard of bait and switch. He felt like he had the right to get away with it too. Looks like he was right...…...

This happened weeks before the feedback system existed. You can bet your bottom dollar I reported it when the feedback system was in place, though. In return, the pond scum left negative feedback for me. Reported it, and nothing ever happened.

So, yeah, in many ways, our feedback system is pointless.

Seems.. like it has no value.. and only negatives!

So was that member banned? Have they EVER done anything about?

So was that member banned? Have they EVER done anything about?

Nope. Not exactly sure I'd say it was 'ban worthy', either. I just wanted the negative removed from my feedback.

I just hope when people check another's feedback, they actually read it. This is the take away I gained from the whole experience. Read what the actual complaint is, and decide for yourself.

I think its a bad idea to have a system in place that can be abused, not moderated/controlled.. and ultimately have it have a negative real world experience.

If someone can randomly leave bad feedback.. they can also fluff positive feedback.

There is nothing trust-worthy about that process.

And feedback aside..

if someoen tells me they are selling unlocked file.. but lied..

I see that as no different than lying about lineage or re-casting. A lie/falsehood to boost product sales is not acceptable in any form.

How does one prevent this? On two different occasions I had two seperate people PM me and say that if I left them negative feedback they were going to do the same. I've eve PM'd the mods with this info to no avail.
I think it's a great system but at this rate what's the point? If someone gives you negative feedback because you wronged them in some way just do the same to them?

Yup, received bad feedback in retaliation myself. And yeah, I reported it. A couple times, in fact. Nothing ever came out of it. Geez, this was years ago now.

Basically, I bought a digital (pepakura) file from another member. They were listed as unlocked, and in their sales thread another member had even asked if they were locked or not. The answer was they are unlocked. The one I bought was locked. Long story short, the seller thought he was clever and that nobody had ever heard of bait and switch. He felt like he had the right to get away with it too. Looks like he was right...…...

This happened weeks before the feedback system existed. You can bet your bottom dollar I reported it when the feedback system was in place, though. In return, the pond scum left negative feedback for me. Reported it, and nothing ever happened.

So, yeah, in many ways, our feedback system is pointless.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts/concerns regarding the Classifieds Forums feedback system. For many, many years members were asking for some type of feedback system and although not perfect, this system does accomplish the basics.

In a perfect world, both sides would be completely honest in their assessment of a transaction but sadly that is not the case. Unfortunately we are not ebay and will probably never have the resources available to mediate feedback disputes. We hope that by providing the ability for both sides to be heard regarding a transaction, members will have the information necessary to assess the overall picture both of seller and the buyer.

We do understand the frustration of not be able to have a particular situation work out the way that you may want it, but we do hope that you understand the bigger picture of our situation and having to work within our limited resources.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and we will certainly keep your thoughts/concerns in mind when reviewing future feedback systems while, of course, working within the constraints previously mentioned.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts/concerns regarding the Classifieds Forums feedback system. For many, many years members were asking for some type of feedback system and although not perfect, this system does accomplish the basics.

In a perfect world, both sides would be completely honest in their assessment of a transaction but sadly that is not the case. Unfortunately we are not ebay and will probably never have the resources available to mediate feedback disputes. We hope that by providing the ability for both sides to be heard regarding a transaction, members will have the information necessary to assess the overall picture both of seller and the buyer.

We do understand the frustration of not be able to have a particular situation work out the way that you may want it, but we do hope that you understand the bigger picture of our situation and having to work within our limited resources.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and we will certainly keep your thoughts/concerns in mind when reviewing future feedback systems while, of course, working within the constraints previously mentioned.
Montagar, I appreciate you chiming in. That's pretty much what I thought. Much like the law, it's not a perfect system but it's the best we have at the moment. Though I'm not a fan of not having something in place for retaliation, I completely accept that the RPF doesn't have the resources to examine each and every complaint. As you inferred, hopefully someone viewing feedback can decide for themselves.
May I suggest (I don't even know how you would find a candidate for this job!) would it be possible to just assign (or recruit) someone under the staff that might be willing to take on the sole task of listening to both sides and making a determination weather or not a retaliatory feedback should be deleted? And as usual, a staff's decision would be final.

Eh, just spitballin'.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back