Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

Hello everyone I'm a noobie so sry if this is a dumb question or it's been asked a bunch of times but I'm having some helmet trouble(my first one) and I was wondering if any can give me some advice. I'm using Ladman's HD War Machine files and I can't quite get the scale right. The first attempt came out way too big so I re measured and am trying to get it closer. My question is how much bigger than my actual head measurements should I make my helmet? And I tried to get the height and depth right but if I get those two to ballpark where I need them the width comes out too small. Is that not a big deal or should I go off the width and let the rest be a little bit bigger? I'm going for a fiberglass build btw. My measurements are Height- 215.9mm Width- 165.1mm and Depth- 190.5mm, I think. Any input will b much appreciated and also all your guys' suits look awesome! Can't wait to build my own someday.

Hey guys, I'm rather new to the whole suit creation thing, but I've been lurking around these forums for some time now, and finally got around to creating an account.

Just curious, where are you guys getting your foam from and how much does a project like this usually cost?

Hey guys, I'm rather new to the whole suit creation thing, but I've been lurking around these forums for some time now, and finally got around to creating an account.

Just curious, where are you guys getting your foam from and how much does a project like this usually cost?

SearsBestStep mats work well (when they're in stock). There are other foams out there as well, these have just been time-tested:

http://www.sears.com/best-step-antifatigue-foam-floor-mat-black/p-00914118000P

3 sheets should finish a suit (with the inevitable wasted foam), you can pick them up at a local store, or Sears also occasionally has free shipping deals for orders over $59 or however much they choose.

Suit costs an go anywhere from under $200 for a raw suit to $1000+ for a finished suit.

SearsBestStep mats work well (when they're in stock). There are other foams out there as well, these have just been time-tested:

http://www.sears.com/best-step-antifatigue-foam-floor-mat-black/p-00914118000P

3 sheets should finish a suit (with the inevitable wasted foam), you can pick them up at a local store, or Sears also occasionally has free shipping deals for orders over $59 or however much they choose.

Suit costs an go anywhere from under $200 for a raw suit to $1000+ for a finished suit.

Thanks!

I was meaning how much would it cost me to make it, as opposed to buying it. Also, what are you meaning by raw v.s. finished suit?

Raw suit would be a raw foam suit, the foam hasn't been sealed or painted. A lot of people commission raw suits, and then seal and paint themselves.

Just throwing some rough numbers out there, but you can pay someone maybe $6-700 dollars to build you a raw suit, or you could build the same suit yourself for under $150 in materials. What you're paying the most for with a commission build besides the experience of the builder is time. A raw suit can take well over 40 hours to build depending on your skill level. It comes down to time vs. money. If you're in no hurry, I'd build it yourself just for the experience. :thumbsup

Raw suit would be a raw foam suit, the foam hasn't been sealed or painted. A lot of people commission raw suits, and then seal and paint themselves.

Just throwing some rough numbers out there, but you can pay someone maybe $6-700 dollars to build you a raw suit, or you could build the same suit yourself for under $150 in materials. What you're paying the most for with a commission build besides the experience of the builder is time. A raw suit can take well over 40 hours to build depending on your skill level. It comes down to time vs. money. If you're in no hurry, I'd build it yourself just for the experience. :thumbsup

Ok! Thanks a ton! I do plan to make this suit when I get a little more time on my hands.

Finally this is my fiber glass IP suit, last saturday in TNT Expo, in Mexico city.
1779929_683365481683693_1300807900_n.jpg

Last edited:
How big should I scale the boot for US Shoe size 9.5? I plan on making a slip on cover to be worn over hiking type boots

Use the point-to-point measurement tool in pepakura designer to figure out your size and scale. Measure your shoe length, add a 1/4" for paper and 1/2" for foam, and match the boot heel-toe point-to-point measurement (the toe, not the extension of the sole past the toe) in Pepakura. That's where I would start.

Finally got my Patriot finished and revealed him at Oz comic con in Australia in the weekend. a friend of mine wore my Iron man suit, loved that i could have the duo together.

a short video is here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?http://www.therpf.com/f78/jackieisrockins-im3-iron-patriot-pepakura-files-v2-files-coming-soon-164748/index101.htmlv=477861875649027&set=vb.352967268138489&type=2&theater

Thanks to everyone who made these files available... Jackie and Jf custom, and those who built the suit before me you paved the way.View attachment 305929View attachment 305928

oh god. . .this is sick . . .tony and rhodey! :) great job man. .shinny suits

Finally got my Patriot finished and revealed him at Oz comic con in Australia in the weekend. a friend of mine wore my Iron man suit, loved that i could have the duo together.

a short video is here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=477861875649027&set=vb.352967268138489&type=2&theater

Thanks to everyone who made these files available... Jackie and Jf custom, and those who built the suit before me you paved the way.View attachment 305929View attachment 305928

Great job dadpool. Two both look incredible.

I can see you talking/calling to some childs in the video, so you can see through led eyes. Can you share your technique building a "see through led eyes"? I'm building my war machine mk1 helmet and I want to see through led eyes. Thanks in advance.

Great job dadpool. Two both look incredible.

I can see you talking/calling to some childs in the video, so you can see through led eyes. Can you share your technique building a "see through led eyes"? I'm building my war machine mk1 helmet and I want to see through led eyes. Thanks in advance.

thank you :D i basicly use the xrobots method but i do it a little different. i don't use perspex i just get cheap blue sunglasses lenses and glue white mesh straight to it. sunglasses lenses are designed to be looked through clearly, much more than perspex etc.
here is a link to his way but you can modify it as you like. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHcH60giVys

thank you :D i basicly use the xrobots method but i do it a little different. i don't use perspex i just get cheap blue sunglasses lenses and glue white mesh straight to it. sunglasses lenses are designed to be looked through clearly, much more than perspex etc.
here is a link to his way but you can modify it as you like. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHcH60giVys

Thanks, I'd planned to use the xrobots method as a starting point.

Awesome job Dadpool! I had friends who were at Perth Oz Con and they told me about the Patriot they saw there as they've seen mine here in Adelaide. They said that initially they thought I'd secreted myself over to Perth for the weekend without telling them lol but I think yours came out even better than mine :D

Awesome job Dadpool! I had friends who were at Perth Oz Con and they told me about the Patriot they saw there as they've seen mine here in Adelaide. They said that initially they thought I'd secreted myself over to Perth for the weekend without telling them lol but I think yours came out even better than mine :D
Thanks so much P4r4dox86... thats an honour your friends thought that. I followed you avidly as you built your patriot and was so happy you got to use it at a Marvel premiere aswell!!! I was going to paint him war machine colours but the red white and blue just pop. so glad I did :D

Yeah, as much as I like the original War Machine black and gun metal, the colour scheme really does make the Patriot. It looks from the pictures at least that you found the perfect paint colours!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back