Suggestion Keep Props as the top billing

Lear60man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know costume viewers are now more than props, but we are still the RPF right?

Whine / rant over.:lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and by the way.....the site is back up to super fast speed.

I have to agree... It's rather strange to see it as the second sub-forum down now, after all this time with it being on top.

Is the Popular Franchises really necessary? I can see it as a one stop shop, but now I have to wade through a lot of crap to find a prop-related thread. RPF and Ebay seem to be on the same trajectory. Let's add features that sound cool but end up hindering the user experience.

Is the Popular Franchises really necessary? I can see it as a one stop shop, but now I have to wade through a lot of crap to find a prop-related thread. RPF and Ebay seem to be on the same trajectory. Let's add features that sound cool but end up hindering the user experience.

Is it really necessary?

Yes. It is and it is interesting that you see it completely in reverse of its intent.

For a couple of years now, the #1 complaint for the site has been "the site isn't up".... :lol

BUT, the #2 complaint is "my posts gets lost in a myriad of Iron Man posts" or "I can't keep up because the forums move too fast.

Anytime I talk to anyone about the site, this issue comes up.

We had a very large plan to combat this two years ago... that got sidelined by the whole hacking thing and we have never quite gotten back on track. With that in mind, we have taken another look to see what we could do slow things down and give people what they wanted and do EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE of what you have posted.

Now, instead of having to "wade through a lot of crap," you can easily navigate to the things that interest you and ignore the things that don't. On top of that, we will see a HUGE slowdown in the main forums that will allow each thread more exposure and more than a flash in the pan before it is relegated to page 4.

We aren't adding features that sound cool. We are adding features that YOU, our members, have overwhelmingly asked for. It is unfortunate that you don't see it that way.

The Popular Franchise totally cleaned up the Costume Section. Before, you had to wade through a million Iron Man foam builds and all the unique / cool builds were buried on page 5 within an hour. Not saying Iron man foam builds arent cool......you get the point.

I think the props are still untouched, only the costume section was sectioned out. I could be wrong.....still sifting though.

I would love to see each Popular Franshise split into 'Props' and 'Costumes', but I'm sure there is a reason why it's all together .

Clutch. I just checked, Star Wars props are still in the prop section. Its just the Costumes that have been sifted / sorted. HUGE IMPROVEMENT. DEATH STAR HUGE.

Side note: for the first time in a year......There were more viewers in the Prop Section than Costume!!!!!!!! That probably means that the Franchise section numbers werent taken into the tally hahahah.

Art, I know the costumes getting top billing is probably just a computer glitch........haha.

I noticed that too. I assume those were missed in the move. People can still post Star Wars threads in the prop section, so it's just more opportunity for lost posts. You have to check in two places now.

I know costume viewers are now more than props, but we are still the RPF right?

Whine / rant over.:lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and by the way.....the site is back up to super fast speed.

Your "whining" has not fallen on deaf ears. Props are back at the top.

"RCF" just sounded terrible... ;)

I would love to see each Popular Franshise split into 'Props' and 'Costumes', but I'm sure there is a reason why it's all together .

We were initially going to do this, but the more we thought about it, the less we could justify breaking it up and creating even MORE forums. We are still trying very hard to go with a minimum number of forums approach. The problem is that we hit critical mass about 2 years ago and had to do something. I have been dragging my feet because I wanted to do the other thing I mentioned, but since that is still quite a ways off, this is our best alternative.

Clutch. I just checked, Star Wars props are still in the prop section. Its just the Costumes that have been sifted / sorted. HUGE IMPROVEMENT. DEATH STAR HUGE.

This is just an oversite. We have almost 10 years of threads to cull through... can't get them all in the first pass...

I noticed that too. I assume those were missed in the move. People can still post Star Wars threads in the prop section, so it's just more opportunity for lost posts. You have to check in two places now.

Not so much. Anything that should go in the franchise forums will eventually be moved there and over time (much as it worked with pulling movie discussion out of the OT), people will start using the franchise forums as they should.

Really just wanted to say THANK YOU ART! :cool The new sectioning feels so good. Now people just have to learn what franchises belong to Marvel and what to DC. Although the banner helps a lot. :lol

Edit: Whoopsie, was supposed to post this to the Annauncement about the sectioning...Yeah, props before clothes :D

Man, I was accidentally going to the costume forum for the past 2 days because of the reordering, just came here to say thanks for shifting things back into their natural order in the forums list. :lol

Also, so far I'm digging the new breakout of the forums. It's still a learning curve as I go "Hmmm, I swore there was an Iron Man build in...OH!" but I'm getting the hang of it.

-Nick

We were initially going to do this, but the more we thought about it, the less we could justify breaking it up and creating even MORE forums. We are still trying very hard to go with a minimum number of forums approach. The problem is that we hit critical mass about 2 years ago and had to do something. I have been dragging my feet because I wanted to do the other thing I mentioned, but since that is still quite a ways off, this is our best alternative.

You could go like the JY where threads have prefixes (FS, WTB, etc..). Similar to the JY you could first click the Star Wars Franshise button and get all threads, but then hit a 'prop' or 'costume' button to filter only those specific threads.

Unlike the JY, it would only work if the site REQUIRED you to select a prefix before starting a new thread, and prefixing all the old ones.

You're getting ahead of me. ;)

You could go like the JY where threads have prefixes (FS, WTB, etc..). Similar to the JY you could first click the Star Wars Franshise button and get all threads, but then hit a 'prop' or 'costume' button to filter only those specific threads.

Unlike the JY, it would only work if the site REQUIRED you to select a prefix before starting a new thread, and prefixing all the old ones.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back