Suggestion Less visible posts by ignored users

Darth Lars

Master Member
I have a user on my Ignore List. This user's posts are hidden to me ... but only "kind of".
Each post from a hidden user is replaced with a box that tells the user's name and a message "This user is on your ignore list" with links to the user's profile, reading the post anyway and removing the user from my ignore list.
Each such box takes up almost as much space on the web page as a short post would, and are impossible to ignore, because they stand out.

My suggestion is to reduce these big boxes into a single line in the same style as a "Likes" annotation.

dislike.png
This message is hidden because the user is on your ignore list. View Post

The underlined text above are links. If I want to see a user's name, I could mouse over "user". If I want to remove the user from my ignore list, I could visit the user's profile and click "Remove from ignore list".

Great suggestion. The user that have on my ignore list seems to post in nearly every single thread, so I see that big box a lot. The smaller style would make the post less obtrusive to the flow of the thread.

I wish there was a way to just completely not see that they've even posted. But I'm sure that's possible.

I wish there was a way to just completely not see that they've even posted. But I'm sure that's possible.

We could probably make that happen, but it can make for very confusing reading when you don't realize you are missing a part of the conversation.

We could probably make that happen, but it can make for very confusing reading when you don't realize you are missing a part of the conversation.

That's true. I guess it would be better if you could just make it less noticeable but still available to show a post just in the off chance there is something worthwhile to go back and read.

I would like to bump this issue.
Now, with a certain franchise getting traction, seemingly every other post in certain threads are by a user on my ignore-list. It is getting a bit frustrating to read these threads.

Not to mention that each time an ignored user makes a post, that thread gets bumped to the top and marked as having an unread post. That is wasting my attention as there is nothing to read.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back