Limited Run LOTR Map of Middle Earth

Has anyone considered making a 3D printable frame for this with some fancy scrollwork or something else Tolkien-esque? Was looking at frames and was disappointed with the options. Would even be cool to have a flat overlay for just a plain wood frame.

Love the idea.

I just put mine up in a floating frame (ie two pieces of acrylic). Clean. Effective. Added a plaque. Looks pretty solid.

Has anyone considered making a 3D printable frame for this with some fancy scrollwork or something else Tolkien-esque? Was looking at frames and was disappointed with the options. Would even be cool to have a flat overlay for just a plain wood frame.
I have been researching how to mount it like a classic map- similar to a United States map in school or something- with no glass.

Most of the tutorials have some sort of adhesive attaching it to a light weight backing with a home made custom frame made to fit. These are fairly inexpensive solutions but gluing it to a backing…. I am not so sure yet

When I get some time I will do a deeper dive - both of mine Christmas presents so I have some time.

And by the way Darth_Nickel they both are brilliant and I love this run- thanks for doing it!

Got mine today, amazing work. To my surprise I actually like the color one the best. Good thing I got both!

I'm also looking for frame inspiration, so please everyone else share pics of how you're displaying yours.

Thought you all may like this! Had the print framed. Just need to find the time to hang it :D

Attachments

• middleearth.jpg
    middleearth.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 117
Run 6 is complete, and should be shipping later today (so long as I stay on schedule).

Run 7 is in progress, I'll start sending notifications out later today and Sunday

I've started a new thread for the sepia version as well, if anyone is interested please let me know

Thanks!

I just had the opportunity to open the tube and I must say, these are beautiful maps. The paper, printing, and aging are of the highest quality.

David

Ok, Ok. You talked me into it!
I’ll add you to the thread!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back