Louis J. Pearlman darth vader helmet

Hello all, the original bill for the helmet comes from B & B Amusements in Brooklyn New York (where I've lived all my life) and the only company of that name used to run amusment park rides at Coney Island. The number is long defunct and I've been an avid collector for quite some time and never came across a memorabilia company of this name. The seller has little to no feedback and 0 return policy, that alone for such a supposed highly esteemed item is questionable. I am involved in the Fine Art business and the usual practice is that you have a certain period to review an item after purchase (but that's the real world not arrrbay). For further thought if you look at the auction for the Louis J Pearlman's Bankruptcy Auction there are no serious pieces rather all branded licensed memorabilia and with all the money pearlman was said to have had....well you get the drift. The appraisal is from R E Nardi who is a memorabilia collector/businessman in Florida (not a fly by night). Now I'm sure he has his own reasoning to say the helmet was authentic but as everyone here knows nailing down the authenticity of props and costumes have been plagued with inacurate claims etc. To quote my father (my mentor) who has been dealing in the Fine Art Business for over 40 years (MELINAFINEART.COM) "WHEN IN DOUBT DO WITHOUT" HAPPY HOLIDAYS MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR, Robert M.

Thanks Robert.
The fact that the guy hasn't sent me any of the history and photos I requested and said he would pretty much has sealed it for me.
Thanks for all your input guys and have a merry Christmas.

I attempted to make out the words on the letter associated with the eBay auction. Here are my results, without comment about the content. Other than LJP, I replaced actual names and addresses with ZZZZ, ####, and a pseudonym as indicated. The "xxxx" parts are words that I couldn't determine.

Curious to watch unfold, that's for sure. Would like to see where it ends up and of course photos photos photos!

Happy New Year 2010 to everyone, here's the letter interpretation.

LJP_Darth_Vader_helmet_letter.jpg

Last edited:
.....and the auction has ended on 12/31/2009 unsold with a high bid of US$910, the reserve wasn't met. Probably missing another "0" on the end of that last bid, lol

i really hesitated to place a bid on this one. it reminded me of the fiberdyne mask. the look is way off on this one including the dome, which is missing the "Y" on the center strip.

was this pearlman guy scammed on this piece?

I again asked for some high res pics from all angles. Did I get them? NO. He obviously isn't as confident in this as he advertises. :lol

The helmet flaring seems to have the same kind of cut as a Fyberdyne, although the flaring width/angle seems to vary on these castings. Hard to see if there is a forehead latch under the velcro. It is the earliest as far as a Fyberdyne type (earlier than what JW was selling). Maybe the confusion as to its source came from the possibility that it could be actually from DP studios. The mouth area is just like the GH, and as was mentioned not like the poor quality Fyberdyne castings we've seen. The helmet center strip is like the GH/JW but as I pointed out, the flaring is like a Fyberdyne. It has the symmetrical eyebrow flaring on the helmet like the GH/JW. But overall more Fyberdyne-like....

would you know why it doesn't have a "y" crease on the center strip? it's the first i've ever seen on a anh helmet.

would you know why it doesn't have a "y" crease on the center strip? it's the first i've ever seen on a anh helmet.

The ANH Tour dubbed the "MP" also doesn't have a "Y" crease. The area looks sanded down as if one could have been there at one point. The LP helmet looks like this area was filled in.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back