Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. Finished Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to shoot a big thankyou to Guy here, he popped over to pick up some donors parts today, and brought this AMAZING piece over for me to see.
This is THE coolest, and most well implemented replica i think ill ever see, it really is, id put it ahead of any craft from the Trilogy anyway, as its so easy on the eye, this really does match up to the filming mini so well, i almost welled up........congrats to Guy, and a huge congrats to Jim, buddy you really made a TESB fan, a very happy man today!

lee

It was great to see ya today mate & thanks for your help with the parts. Its more than appreciated bud.

It was ace to show off the Taun at last to someone who actually cares what it is. Too many guests in the house walk past it like its a toy or something & dont even give it a second look. I dont know about spitting on em mate but a gentle slap might work?

I hope you've spread the word state side already?

Just so you know my ramp has primer on it already, & its perfect. Thanks again Lee, great to see everyone today.

Man, I would love to see one of these in person Guy, Lee, your'e a lucky bloke lol!.
Everything about the Taun is perfect dude, snow effect is awesome, I can't get over how much of a perfect replica of the actual prop that it is!.
Damn those guests mate, they need slapping that's for sure lol!.
Stu

You're lucky bro !!

Guy, I'm not envious but I can tell you I'm very jealous ! The Tauntaun and the Rancor are 2 of my fav puppets, kudos to Jim and you for the snow effect !

Next time you come to Paris, please bring it with you ! Well I know it's not possible :( But I would love !!

I wish I was rich !

We had our first snow last weekend and were snowed in this weekend... so I decided to start one of my two Hoth projects that were waiting. What I did with my Luke/Taun (finally):

Got to do one or two more layers of the powdered stuff, then add the snow/ice to the Taun and Luke (and green the goggles). I'm installing it into a display cabinet. Gosh I really love this baby that Guy and Jim made happen... :thumbsup

SS-TaunDio016.jpg

1. Created built-up base from some scrap materials and mdf.
2. Dug out some old hollow fish tank rock castings that I had laying around and epoxied them down.
3. Mounted the taun.
4. Added two layers of Scupltamold.
5. Added two layers of modge-podge and flake powder mix.
6. Sprayed up a piece of acrylic for the background (gray behind, slate blue front, with misted lavender and white in layers for the clouds.
7. Mount a top/left light.

The front will be clear acrylic. I'll post some final pics when it dries and I get to the last of the snow/ice...

BRAVO Kevin!!! That is an awesome setting buddy! Right outta the movie!! I was waiting for someone to duplicate that shot. :thumbsup

Thanks guys. Obviously I cut off a bunch of the bottom scenery due to space, and I have to insert the three frontal rock tips, yet, before the last couple of modge coats... but it's getting there. Wanted to get the general slopes built-up and hardened first. Got to carefully pose the taun arms, yet, too. I thought I saw the taun blink the other day, but it may have just been getting late... :unsure

p.s. Tox, yeah the background worked better than I thought. My airbrush was actually on the fritz, so that was entirely done with careful use of rattlecans in a 40 degree garage. I like how it soaks up the light in the cloudy areas...

Pretty much done. The powdery layers (x3) turned out pretty swell. Lightly did the puppets, too. Just need to cut the acrylic for the front and she's ready for display... :thumbsup

A big thanks again to all who made this baby happen!

SS-TaunDio023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back