Limited Run Luke V2 liightsaber (Second Run) Sign up thread

I finally put it together and it's beautiful. I have the stencils, but it will be a long time before I can bring myself to paint it.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I finally put it together and it's beautiful. I have the stencils, but it will be a long time before I can bring myself to paint it.
View attachment 624573View attachment 624574View attachment 624571View attachment 624572View attachment 624575View attachment 624576

Oh man, that looks fantastic! I can't wait to get my clamp from Roman, that's all I need then I can get it together. Once I can get mine together, then I'll want to paint it. Love the box too :cheers

Nah, don't wait! The painting part is really fun, especially when you get to removing the stencils and then chipping the paint off on the parts without stencils. The stencils were a lot easier than I thought they would be, just used blue painters masking tape, sticking to a bunch to my jeans to get the stickiness down, to transfer to the hilt. Little dots were a pain as they always wanted to lift, I'd just hold them down with the tip of my exacto as I lifted the vinyl around it. I think I only lost one. I was worried I had painted too many coats, the instructions said just lightly spray to cover or the paint could all come up when you remove the stencil, but I had no problem when I removed them. They did look a little smooth so I went around and chipped the edges lightly to give it a more chipped look. I did have to put a clamp on it right away, stolen from my Obi-wan saber. Clamps will have to get sorted out after the Graflex and extra clap show up from Roman.
IMG_1303.JPG

The box I found on eBay, it has a Chinese carving of a fisherman on the top. A good find for sure. I have a plan for a display for all of my lightsabers that I ope I can put together before Roman's Graflexs ship, but this box is perfect for now. I go back and forth between wanting to paint it as used or as new, that's what hold me back. Then I kind of want to hand paint it rather than use the stencils because I like the feel of having hand painted, just a lttle more personal.

how are you guys getting the D-ring on? do you cut it a bit? bend it only and then bend back? or both?

I bent mine open more to fit on, then just bent it back into both sides until it was closed. My D-ring was from Roy and is larger and thicker than the .supplied one. It was a tight fit in the holes, you can move the D-ring easily but it doesn't flop around and stays wherever you move it to

i cut a 1/16th off both ends. i wouldn't go more then that.. again i was using roys ANH d-ring instead of the one in the kit

Hello !

I found a v2 from the second run, so i'm selling the v2 from the first run if someone interested, PM me. If you want, i can provide a stencils kit to paint it.
Regards,
Patlegrand.

I saw that video. It's good. Just make sure you use a pair of jewelers pliers or something to protect the d-ring when you bend it away. Perhaps some won't mind because it'll have that weathered look, but if you want a smooth d-ring minus nicks from the tool I recommend protecting it from the tool.
0b7eb1bfeb2862c1b0ca4cdc9606bb8e.jpg

Ordered a clamp from Roman, Roy's V2 clamp lever on the way, and just ordered a clamp card off eBay. Now all I need is the saber, I'm too excited

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back