Interest Machined Brass, Aluminum, or Plastic Plaques for Props

FLM Concepts

Working on my Star Trek communicator lids, I'm finding that I'm REALLY enjoying working with metal on Sable, our CRP4896 Shape Cutter.

I'm wondering how much interest there would be for custom brass or aluminum plaques for your props. They would be excellent for mounting on a wood or plastic background plaque (which can also be supplied) or on their own. If you then stained the lettering and left the background metal, they'd look really sharp.

I could also use a special plastic that has one thin layer of colored plastic or metal with a core of another color and machine just into the surface, so no finish work would need to be done.

I'd prefer VECTOR, vinyl-ready graphics to be supplied, but we offer design services, as well. My husband is a professional sign designer. Compared to big companies, we're cheap, but probably more than you want to spend for a single plaque.

Size can be anything reasonable up to 24 inches by 48 inches for most materials, though our table is 48 inches by 96 inches.

I'm working on pricing and getting some samples made. Samples may take a bit, though, as we're out of money for two weeks.

Can be any shape, but inside corners will have a radius. The smaller the radius, the more time it will take, and the more we'll need to charge.

So, what sort of interest would there be in something like this?

I didn't have a chance to work on these this week because of other obligations, but I should have something to show very soon. Maybe even this weekend.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back