Done / Completed Mando Beskar Ingot in METAL - TWO RESERVES LEFT

any updates on when everyone's will be shipped?
I have about 15 with patterning on both sides, that still need final touchups and clear coating. And another 14 or so which at the moment just have the pattern on one side. This time, several were stripped after being "finished", bathed in acetone and redone from scratch 'cause I wasn't happy with some things. I will hopefully be able to clear coat the 15 this weekend and send most of them out next week, and put the rest of the pattern on the other ones. (You're somewhere in the middle of the list, so I can't say exactly when your copy will go out.) Some weeknights I don't have time to be in the "workshop"- especially when it comes to spraying clear lacquer, because the prepwork takes a bit of time and you have to spray directly after. I will pick up the "extra" 5 or so castings next week I think.

After the weekend, I will be speaking to the foundry one last time about when they can deliver the remaining extra ingots I asked them to make. If anyone else wants in, I might as well make a few more while I'm at it (five or ten isn't that big of a deal) but after that... I'm closing this run down.

I have about 15 with patterning on both sides, that still need final touchups and clear coating. And another 14 or so which at the moment just have the pattern on one side. This time, several were stripped after being "finished", bathed in acetone and redone from scratch 'cause I wasn't happy with some things. I will hopefully be able to clear coat the 15 this weekend and send most of them out next week, and put the rest of the pattern on the other ones. (You're somewhere in the middle of the list, so I can't say exactly when your copy will go out.) Some weeknights I don't have time to be in the "workshop"- especially when it comes to spraying clear lacquer, because the prepwork takes a bit of time and you have to spray directly after. I will pick up the "extra" 5 or so castings next week I think.

I was wondering where I was in that list as well ? GC

I was wondering where I was in that list as well ? GC
Slight correction I noticed as I was packing ingots today... you're a few places after beemalone. (I didn't have the sorting active in the spreadsheet.) Wil not make much of a practical difference though.

Five ingots will be going out tomorrow, another five a couple days later, and (from what it looks like) a few more at the end of the week. (I'll mark the list and update when they are away.) I have been working on ingots all weekend so it shouldn't be too long until all the ingots have been completed.

Last edited:
Slight correction I noticed as I was packing ingots today... you're a few places after beemalone. (I didn't have the sorting active in the spreadsheet.) Wil not make much of a practical difference though.

Five ingots will be going out tomorrow, another five a couple days later, and (from what it looks like) a few more at the end of the week. (I'll mark the list and update when they are away.) I have been working on ingots all weekend so it shouldn't be too long until all the ingots have been completed.
Thank you man for your hard work!!

1st post updated. Yesterday and today I shipped out ingots to:

The Game Guru
Padawan311
JoeG
B-Movie Zombie
JediJohn182
xwingercrash
jhowe1997
LTsmash1200
saranac
beefmalone

Please allow at least a couple weeks for them to arrive. Due to the virus outbreak, postal systems are being affected worldwide with delays... so I wouldn't be susprised if deliveries take 1-2 weeks longer than usual in extreme cases. (I just read today that shipping in and out of China is pretty much impossible using some services, and Italy too is pretty much closed for packages.)

Hey everyone. I just wanted to make sure you all know that whatever happens with the whole current situation, I'll get these to you as soon as possible. At the moment, there still don't seem to be any major delays in mail yet. Some disruption will happen, no doubt, but you know... through rain, and sleet, and snow and all that. I'm going to put some extra effort into finishing up the last ingots this weekend so that I can get them out.

Will update again as soon as I've done more- probably early next week. Until then, stay safe!

Not a very exciting photo since they all kinda look alike, but here are the spoils of this weekend!
1584310227924.png

These just need touching up and a few good clear coats before sending out, so hopefully... a few more going out the end of this coming week! (About 9 more are even further along and I have two more to do to cover the entire run from the raw castings I'll be picking up around the 23rd-24th.)

(Times like this it's good to have stuff to do indoors. Stay safe everyone!)

JOATRASH FX

Dude, I just want you to know you've made my evening. I'm planning a personal project to do a full Beskar armor build, and ended up reading this entire thread as well as your work on Mando's blaster. I have a lot of 3D modeling/printing experience, and I've been trying to figure out how best to get started. Your work and posting of your process is freaking fantastic. I'm not in on this Beskar run, and based on the cost/effort ratio I'm guessing you're not going to do another, but I just wanted to drop a line and reiterate what a bunch of people on this thread are saying: you're work is absolutely awesome, and you're making a lot of people very happy!

p.s. I literally registered on rpf to write this post; I hope that helps drive home the positive feedback

Dude, I just want you to know you've made my evening. I'm planning a personal project to do a full Beskar armor build, and ended up reading this entire thread as well as your work on Mando's blaster. I have a lot of 3D modeling/printing experience, and I've been trying to figure out how best to get started. Your work and posting of your process is freaking fantastic. I'm not in on this Beskar run, and based on the cost/effort ratio I'm guessing you're not going to do another, but I just wanted to drop a line and reiterate what a bunch of people on this thread are saying: you're work is absolutely awesome, and you're making a lot of people very happy!

p.s. I literally registered on rpf to write this post; I hope that helps drive home the positive feedback
Wow... sincerely man... thank you! Much needed good vibes in these crazy days and I'm glad my little projects provide at least a little distraction!

OK, time for an update. I put in a major effort and just about every copy is finished (barring maybe 2-3 that I will start this weekend) and am currently packing them up. Hope to get a batch out tomorrow.

With all the craziness, the post office has flagged for delays even though mail IS moving as usual. Normally, these would take around 2 weeks but at the moment we need to allow for up to 4 after I've posted here. More soon.

And stay safe!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back