Master Replicas New Wolverine Costume

corpseguy

If what I've heard is true, then MR could not have made a better choice. :thumbsup (so I hope it's true)

It seems that one of our own here may be working with MR on some level. Word from some of those who attended SDCC is that this member was there, and was heavily involved in making this new Wolverine costume. If this is true then I guess congratulations would be in order. :) :) Not only, but the credibility factor for this being done right would go right off the scale.
I've been trying to contact this member to confirm this and hope to hear from him soon. I suppose until then all this could just be a rumor, so I'd rather not post any names. What's got me all freaked out (in a good way) is that if this member is somehow involved with this costume then I WILL have one, no questions asked. I've been waiting to hear more about their Wolverine costume but certainly was not expecting this added bonus. :D I think it's pretty obvious that something has happened with this costume because it's much different then last years display, but still missing things like the belt and collar clasps. I do hope this can be available soon.
All I know is I want one. Does anyone know anything more? :cry

Joe

Looks good to me. :D

DSC00004.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>(foxbatkllr @ Jul 25 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]1287777[/snapback]</div>
It really was impressive in person.
[/b]

Those pics sure are nice. Thanks for posting the link. Sadly I couldnt make it out for the show.
Your pics show that it's undoubtedly not the same costume shown last year. Not even close. This one looks even better so something must have moved forward here.
Now I'm dying. :cry
I want one AND want to know if what I've heard about 'who' being involved is true.

Joe

Finally, I see some excitement from the fans over this suit being made.

Someone, at the X-men forum, said the MR people only plan the Wolverine suit for now. They also said the leather looked good, but thin, perhaps to keep costs down. Overall, I've heard good things about that display suit. I wonder if the gloves will be offered as well.

It seems they are getting the pants right. I was getting so frustrated with the Steve Urkle x-men pants people kept making. It looks like they are getting the bootcut style right, if they can get the knees thinner. I did a lot of research over the pants, and I came to the conclusion that no pants available could do. They had to be bootcut, thin at the knees, and flared bottoms that drape over the foot, leaving only the toes part visible, just as you see in the above pic. This makes the legs look longer for a stylish look.

About the shoulders, EVERY jacket maker messed the shoulders up. While the movie jackets had rounded shoulders, which adapted to the form of the actor's shoulders, all replica jackets gave the cosplayer pointy shoulders. This was due to the extra big cord that goes all around the shoulder's top. It is supposed to be small enough so it blends with the shoulder part and arm joins, not big enough to stand out and give the pointy shoulder look.

I hope MR. gives special attention to both shoulders and pants.

i will believe the MR costume stuff... when i see it on there site.

with the trouble theyve had with frickin helmets, i cant see them even thinking of the quality control issues of a full suit...

and how frickin much will it be? 10k us?

F-that.

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Jul 26 2006, 02:52 AM) [snapback]1287897[/snapback]</div>
i will believe the MR costume stuff... when i see it on there site.

with the trouble theyve had with frickin helmets, i cant see them even thinking of the quality control issues of a full suit...

and how frickin much will it be? 10k us?

F-that.
[/b]

This just gets more and more interesting. It appears that the staff at the MR booth were quoting this at around $1,199.00. That's a far cry from what I might have thought. I can hardly believe this. :D Someone has GOT to be able to confirm this stuff. If this is the case, it's at least half of what I expected it to be. :thumbsup
I think (hope) that the gloves are included. You can clearly see them in the album pics above.

Joe

How is sizing going to work that is my question. What if I get it and find I need a different size? Will MR be able to accomodate my exchange?

<div class='quotetop'>(darthgoat @ Jul 26 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]1288181[/snapback]</div>
How is sizing going to work that is my question. What if I get it and find I need a different size? Will MR be able to accomodate my exchange?
[/b]

Goat, why ? Yours looks so great on you .

Goat's asking for me. I'm the correct height for a comic version (5'3") and I'm pretty stocky (I also just started back at the gym), so I guess the trick with this and any other costume, it how well would it fit, would they have anything besides small, med, large, x-large?

<div class='quotetop'>(corpseguy @ Jul 26 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]1288135[/snapback]</div>
This just gets more and more interesting. It appears that the staff at the MR booth were quoting this at around $1,199.00.
[/b]

That's not a bad fee. I'm so in. Any idea when will these be available?

Don't hold me to this (I know I might be corrected quickly on this one) but the maker of these said that for right now they will only be made in Jackman's size....TBD if they customize any other sizes.

<div class='quotetop'>(The Mantis @ Jul 26 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1288271[/snapback]</div>
Don't hold me to this (I know I might be corrected quickly on this one) but the maker of these said that for right now they will only be made in Jackman's size....TBD if they customize any other sizes.
[/b]

Well if they only make them in Jackman's size, I and many others are out of luck.

<div class='quotetop'>(The Mantis @ Jul 25 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]1287820[/snapback]</div>
Please do NOT post the member's name...
[/b]

What would happen if someone did? Would 2 men in dark suits knock on that persons door?

Paul

<div class='quotetop'>(Hadleys Hope @ Jul 26 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]1288299[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(The Mantis @ Jul 25 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]1287820[/snapback]
Please do NOT post the member's name...
[/b]

What would happen if someone did? Would 2 men in dark suits knock on that persons door?

Paul
[/b][/quote]

Yes, that is exactly what would happen. You hit it on the nail.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back