Master Replicas New Wolverine Costume

<div class='quotetop'>(TK1536 @ Jul 26 2006, 08:56 AM) [snapback]1288245[/snapback]</div>
umm... wern't they (MR) supposed to do full Anakin and Obi-Wan outfits too?
That never saw the light of day.
[/b]

I think it's the same deal as the Wolvey costume. MR is just working on prototypes. They're not sure if they will just make Hayden Christiansen and Ewan MacGregor sized version for manequin use or make sized versions for wear. They displayed 2 versions so far of the Anakin (just like the Wolverine): one was better looking (SDCC last year) and had more accurate looking materials and another version at ToyFaire that looked cheaper and had less accurate materials but included boots.

So, just like the Wolverine wer'e talking about here, it's all speculatory. Only MR knows what's actually going to happen. Someone talked to them at SDCC and they said they are handling the quality issues on the helmets first and foremost.

<div class='quotetop'>(foxbatkllr @ Jul 26 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]1288275[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(The Mantis @ Jul 26 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]1288271[/snapback]
Don't hold me to this (I know I might be corrected quickly on this one) but the maker of these said that for right now they will only be made in Jackman's size....TBD if they customize any other sizes.
[/b]

Well if they only make them in Jackman's size, I and many others are out of luck.
[/b][/quote]

Ok, then, are they planning on making a suit for collecting purposes only?

Unless this suit comes with a Hugg Jackman work-out video, a diet plan and a personal trainner, I don't see how this size can acomodate the average X-men fan. No wonder why the suit looks so big on that ComicCon maniquin.

Spoke to the mystery man himself only moments ago.:)

I guess until something official gets posted, all I can say is that if this guy is involved with this costume then we can all rest easy because his reputation is stellar and his work is top notch. He wouldnÂ’t elaborate on what he did exactly or what he may be doing with this (if anything) for MR but to me, if he's involved and somehow responsible for seeing this through then I'm ready to buy-it-now. Easy as that.:)
I asked him a million and one questions, and here's what he didnÂ’t gracefully avoid when speaking to me.

The costume on display was an exact size replica of the screen used one. Tall with wide shoulders, but the mannequin it was shown on was much much much smaller than our pal Hugh, so the suit looked a bit disproportioned for the display.

He told me that this suit was made directly off of a screen used suit........ How... cool... is.... that? I was told that every detail, every inch and every proportion is exact to the movie suit. Possible scaled down versions (different sizes) would be identical in every detail but just in different sizes. So, it seems that they are considering the costume wearer as well as the guy looking to display. Yay :thumbsup He did say this was something that just recently had been considered because in the beginning it really was only meant to be the screen used size.

He was confident that if this did go ahead that the option of different sizes could become a reality. :)
I for one hope for other sizes as I could never fit in that one there.

When I asked about the quality and thickness of the leather he said it's all very high end and that the thickness of the leather was identical to that of the screen used suit. He also added that there are several thicknesses being used based on where exactly they are meant to go on the costume. His exact words were "no corners were cut at all, anywhere." and I believe him.

I also asked him about the pants and the concerns about the knee area. He said the only reason the knees looked bulky is because the mannequin legs were to short so they couldnÂ’t really display it with the pant legs fully draped out. That's why the knees look wider but they are apparently tighter at the knee area (tapered) and do have the flare out boot cut. I guess finding a Hugh Jackman mannequin is not as easy as I thought. :D

The last thing I asked him about was the price point. He didnt comment on it and said we'll all have to wait for an official announcement by MR assuming this project does get the green light.

So, there is no official green light on this, at least not yet. I can understand MR wanting to be cautious, considering this is their first costume offering to the general public. However, if they DID somehow team up with this guy, then no one has anything to worry about at all.

Joe

<div class='quotetop'>(corpseguy @ Jul 26 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]1288401[/snapback]</div>
He told me
[/b]

Ah-HA. So we now know it is a HIM. :lol

<div class='quotetop'></div>
That's why the knees look wider but they are apparently tighter at the knee area (tapered) and do have the flare out boot cut.
[/b]

YEEEEEEEEES............... GO, FASHION-CORE........

Uh, are we still keeping the name of the maker a secret? Someone, somewhere else, has outted him. Might have been an accident, but I wanted to make sure before dropping, this person, a line.

the only remote way that making these outfits would be a one size fits... well the actor that wore it.

i say here here, im tired of seeing the likes of 300 pound guys dressed as troopers or anakin etc.

its fun to dress up, but try and dress up like someone close to your build... or be laughed at in secret. :p

plus, i mean theres no way they could keep the orders straight...

like for me, i am short but have big feet and hands, so a small costume wouldnt have the boots or glvove(s) i need,

so then what?

i say the only way possible would be to make it to the actors size, then if you wanna wear it you would have to have it tailored.

i mean, ive thought alot about this subject and it seems like risky buisness for MR to do it any other way... if at all... :unsure

I'm not totally agree with that...

I know this costume is Wolverine suit, but in the movie.. there was more suit identical to this but in other colors... (iceman for instance)... and the suit is the same quality...

Why dont offer different sizes ??? I would really love to get this costume, but I'm not so BIG as Wolverine... I'm, for example, 1.78 height and 80 kg... and I'm more than sure that I could wear a X-men costume very nicely, but not that HUGE size... :p.

So, I really hope thwy can offer other nice sizes (not, for example, for mega-fat gusy, size XXXXL... you know what I mean).

P.S. is there any possibility that MR release other X-men suits like ICEMAN ??? (same but with different color stripes ??? or that is IMPOSSIBLE ?? )

<div class='quotetop'>(Talisen @ Jul 26 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]1288219[/snapback]</div>
Goat's asking for me. I'm the correct height for a comic version (5'3") and I'm pretty stocky (I also just started back at the gym), so I guess the trick with this and any other costume, it how well would it fit, would they have anything besides small, med, large, x-large?
[/b]

Exactly right Ken.

<div class='quotetop'>(darthgoat @ Jul 28 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]1289329[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Talisen @ Jul 26 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]1288219[/snapback]
Goat's asking for me. I'm the correct height for a comic version (5'3") and I'm pretty stocky (I also just started back at the gym), so I guess the trick with this and any other costume, it how well would it fit, would they have anything besides small, med, large, x-large?
[/b]

Exactly right Ken.
[/b][/quote]

I should have asked more specific questions about the sizes when I had the opportunity.
He did say that other sizes were being heavily considered. I think all this is in the development stage and the finer points of how and when are just being dealt with now.
If I can order the jacket in the size I want, the pants also in the size I want and the gloves also in the size I need then personally, that would make this the best licensed offering as far as costuming is concerned to date. :)
I did get the impression that it'll be possible to have the parts ordered based on separate sizes. He said scaled down versions of EACH part but not in separates. (as in not the jacket only or pants only). The whole costume in full but I do think all based on being able to order individual size parts. I hope I didnÂ’t misunderstand this, but all of this of course, in the event it does get the green light. I wish I would have asked about this more.

Never in my life have I wanted the color green to light up so bad. :cry

Like I said before, (and I cant say this enough) if the person working with MR is overseeing all of this then I have zero fears about this offering. Not one. I still donÂ’t feel comfortable outing him because he himself has yet to come forward, and I believe he will at the right time.
I do think we'll get size choices for all the parts to this costume. If that's truly the case, and the price mentioned at SDCC is also the case, then all I can say is sign-me-up. :thumbsup

Joe

how long ago were the vader and clone buckets supposed to be shipping?

are they yet? (the ones after the recall)

well this not having a remote date set...

it could be 2-3 years if ever, and that would probably be too long of a time to keep the interest up for such an item.

i think they are just testing the waters of costuming period.

and if they EVER offer ANY costumes... it probably will be a LONG time from now, and it probably wont be wolverine (xmen3 anyway) or the ep3 ani or obi.

it will probably be with a fims release or something more currant, sorry i just dont see this suit seeing actual retail.

im not saying that i DONT want to see it, im just saying that... it isnt likely.

I spoke to MR about this on Thursday... actually, they approached me to ask if I had seen it, seeing how I was wearing my Logan gear.

They asked a lot of questions... How much would someone pay, did I think there was a market, etc...

I asked my own questions as well, the biggest of which would be price and sizing.

My answer to their question of what I thought a suit like that would be worth. I told them that I knew I could get something similar from other vendors in the $1200-$1600 range. But for that price, it would be made to fit me.

I also mentioned that there would be a market for them, but that price and sizing would be an issue. Their market would get much smaller if they only offered Jackman's size.

They said that at least at this time... they really could only do the one replica and that they really were not a costume shop, but a prop replica shop, hence the reason for not offering other sizes. They did mention however the possibility of a third party perhaps offering sizing.

I also ran into the RPF member who is involved in this and got to look at the suit very carefully... if it happens, and IF they offer sizing, it will be pretty damn cool.

:confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :eek :eek :eek :eek

DSC00004.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

comiccon129.jpg

947417368303_0_ALB.jpg

936657368303_0_BG.jpg

731257368303_0_ALB.jpg

714027368303_0_ALB.jpg

693207368303_0_ALB.jpg

641057368303_0_BG.jpg

521257368303_0_BG.jpg

509757368303_0_ALB.jpg

490457368303_0_BG.jpg

432957368303_0_ALB.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

Just incaseanyone can't see the pics here they are.

As far as i'm concerned...

It doens't get any better than this.

*Added*

Foxbatkllr I hope you don't mind that I uploaded your pics to my photobucket
account. They're great pics and thought it be cool to post them up.
They really show the details of the suit.
If you need me to take them down just say so.

<div class='quotetop'>(corpseguy @ Jul 31 2006, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1291435[/snapback]</div>
Just incaseanyone can't see the pics here they are.

As far as i'm concerned...

It doens't get any better than this.

*Added*

Foxbatkllr I hope you don't mind that I uploaded your pics to my photobucket
account. They're great pics and thought it be cool to post them up.
They really show the details of the suit.
If you need me to take them down just say so.
[/b]

I don't mind at all. That's why I took so many pics of the suit, because I knew people here on the RPF would want to see lots of pics. If its easier for people to see them through photobucket, that's fine with me. I'm glad the pics are getting good use. BTW, if for some reason people want super duper hi-res versions of the pics, I have them all on my hard drive at 2576x1932 pixels.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back