Merchandise and props you can buy at Disney’s upcoming Galaxy’s Edge attraction.

Not geared toward children. Not child size and early reports say the hilts will cost about $110 and another $30 for a blade. Also it’s not going to be just walking into a store. It is suppose to be a 20 minute immersive experience and you need to schedule a time in order to guarantee a time to participate.

That's the part that has me perplexed as to why they look so Hasbro-ish. The Windu in the video is chrome plated, so they have the ability to do it.

Then again, these aren't being targeted to people like us who know how to build a hilt from scratch out of vintage materials. These are for kids and adults who would never have a metal saber hilt otherwise.

That's the part that has me perplexed as to why they look so Hasbro-ish. The Windu in the video is chrome plated, so they have the ability to do it.

Then again, these aren't being targeted to people like us who know how to build a hilt from scratch out of vintage materials. These are for kids and adults who would never have a metal saber hilt otherwise.

That’s because the Windu is a buildable lightsaber. There is a difference in how you design a lightsaber to be a different hilt design and one which you slide various parts over a standard core body. Also, the cost of these would go way up if they did something like machined aluminum.

As far as compared to what goes on around here. Right, this is not the same thing. But this is for an experience and not to mention is the price is $140 for an fx saber, that’s not bad. There are a lot of adults fans who want an fx saber but don’t want to pay some of the high prices that fan made fx hilt go for.

Most hilts I have are static. I never got into the fx thing very much because I just don’t have a reason for such a thing. But I probably will do this so I can have it in my collection as something I built and for the fun of it.

I like the ancient ones. They certainly aren’t my favorite designs in the world, but I’d be paying for the experience. Plus these are only a fraction of the parts that will be available to build from.

I don’t think there will be too many parts once you decide which category. From the size of the tray they give you to chose your parts, I would guess if you look at the two designs for each category, you get an idea of what all the parts look like that you will choose from. You just can mix them differently. But I kind of get the idea it’s 2 emitters, 2 pommels, 2 activation switches, and 4 upper/lower hilt parts.

You can see more images and info here: Disney’s Galaxy’s Edge- step by step description of lightsaber building experience

You’re referencing what they brought to a convention to preview the park. That in no way indicates what will actually be available. They brought a demo to give you the idea. They said there will be thousands of combinations. I may not be great at math, but two options for each part over four styles does not equal thousands.

You’re referencing what they brought to a convention to preview the park. That in no way indicates what will actually be available. They brought a demo to give you the idea. They said there will be thousands of combinations. I may not be great at math, but two options for each part over four styles does not equal thousands.

That would be great and I hope your right but during the demo they said they would bring you a tray like the one they had present. Plus since it’s a timed even, I would think they don’t want people having to spend too much time making descisions. Also, don’t forget the choice choice of 4 color crystals. That’s another part.

MwIrRpE.jpg

Mzs9gUf.jpg

Kcw0IAx.jpg

1M73FtZ.jpg

tUPPh7N.jpg

nFIlOMF.jpg

pmRKD8C.jpg

Jno9Sz3.jpg

L5vmlcT.jpg

Great Gallery of the entire booth.

Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive

I am excited for the Ahsoka Tano lightsaber set and the Yoda Lamp. But there are just soooo many great little goodies. I will go broke on the next trip!

I know. Even things like that jedi accessory set which looks like more of a toy function than a straight up replica is exciting to me. They will still look good on display. That set is supposed to have 3 holo figures. I wonder what they are. I hope one it the Queen's ship.

I really like the Luke Return of the Jedi hilt. I know the people I refer to as "prop snobs" will find a thousand things wrong with it but for what it is at probably around $200 (I'm guessing based on their previous hilts), it's pretty awesome.

^I'm impressed that they actually got the thin neck and nipple on it. I think this is the first official bladed ROTJ saber that didn't bloat the diameter?

^I'm impressed that they actually got the thin neck and nipple on it. I think this is the first official bladed ROTJ saber that didn't bloat the diameter?

The Polygon article mentions that "Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi will feature a special attachment point for its extremely narrow emitter". So I'm curious what that will look like.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet. For the first time a Licensed Luke thin neck is available as an fx. Wow. I hope they can be available on line cause I want one!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet. For the first time a Licensed Luke thin neck is available as an fx. Wow. I hope they can be available on line cause I want one!
It's been mentioned in other threads. There is a specific thread in this forum talking about these and the build sabers. FYI: That's the one that caught my eye as well.

Last edited:
I see Dejarik figures in there. I wonder if this is why the really nice X Plus Dejarik set never ran to completion - licensing conflict? It's too bad - I really wanted to collect that full set of X Plus figures...

Dan

I think these are suppose to be more of a representation of the physical ones used by Saw’s people in Rogue One, not the holo version.

Oops my mistake. It looks like they have the board with figures that is suppose to look hand crafted and then they have another set of figures more like the holo versions.

In the end, it doesn’t matter because I’m getting everything.

D9536447-E3EA-4781-9FCC-0882938FAF2D.jpeg
8C924AE6-F4CF-4D2E-A559-208CEE50DAEB.jpeg

Ah... Maybe that's it then - X Plus started to release on their own but then inked a deal with Disney for park exclusive distribution? That's obviously speculation, but might make sense, and might explain where the rest of their figures went. I'm hoping something like this is the case because I would hate to not be able to complete that really nice set...

Dan

Ah... Maybe that's it then - X Plus started to release on their own but then inked a deal with Disney for park exclusive distribution? That's obviously speculation, but might make sense, and might explain where the rest of their figures went. I'm hoping something like this is the case because I would hate to not be able to complete that really nice set...

Dan

I think I remember this. I was excited about them but then found out they were not going to be the size of holo board figures as portrayed in the movie but instead oversized to match the actual scale of the models. So i hope these are just basic figurines.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back