My Comic Book Prop Room (More Ironman Pics Page 2)

Re: My Comic Book Room (Pic Heavy)

Just heard that I may have my Ironman suit (Masked Rider's) by the end of this upcomming week.

Depending on taxes I may have enough money left over to buy the Iron Monger Helmet.

Has anyone bought one? Is it worth getting?

I just added the 1:1 Ironman Mark III to the room.

I am not quite finished, but take a look.

I still need to straighten the stance up a bit, close the gaps between the arms and legs and put on the fingers, but I think it is shaping up well so far.

I am about 99% finished with getting the Ironman all set up. I have the peices to cover the gaps in the arms made (not painted), I have straightend up the stance and got the hands put together.

Now I am working to fill the large wall space behind it now. I have started framing the paper props I have, I hope to have all of this done and on the wall over my Christmas break.

I was just thinking about my man/geek room and i see i have a ton of work to do. Yall have really inspired me to get my room going in 2011.

Thanks

The paint dried a lot faster than I expected. Here is the 100% completed Product.

Super Awesome work on the display , u did a great job , i like what u did on both hands ... can u share what did u use inside the fingers and full armor put on mannequin ?

Super Awesome work on the display , u did a great job , i like what u did on both hands ... can u share what did u use inside the fingers and full armor put on mannequin ?

I actually have not done anything special with the hands yet. I am trying to find an appropriately sized accordion hose to cut/paint and use on the joints in the fingers.

For the mannequin, I used a soft flexible mannequin. The fingers were too short so I stuffed the fingers in the lycra under suit with bubble wrap.
http://www.displayimporter.com/products/MN-407.html
As for the gaps in the arms, I used an accordion toilet plunger (a new one for those of you wondering). I cut it to fit and did my best to match the paint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Love your room, it's exactly what I want mine to look like when I've got my own place, only maybe a darker color for the walls. :D

I ended up finding some accordion hose and updating the finger joints. I know it seems a bit "Nit Picky" and the change is not a change that pops out at you, but it is a detail that did end up looking better than having the lycra showing through in the between joints and it also makes it easier to pose the fingers.

Very nice! I love the Iron Man and also the Spider-Man mask in particular. I've always been partial to the version of Spider-Man's mask that has the silver lenses instead of the white ones... probably stems from watching the old tv show as a kid. :)

Re: My Comic Book Prop Room (Pic Heavy)

So, I now understand why I have not seen many Iron Monger helmets displayed in any of the other prop rooms i've seen on the RPF.

I got mine today and the quality of it is good, but the helmet is massive. In thinking more about the movie, the size is probably not out of proportion, but this thing is way bigger than expected.

I am working on a second Capt shadow box display. This one will be the WWII style. I like the set up in the one I already have (shield, gloves and comic) and I want to do somthing similar with this one. I have the shield already and I thought since I have the Death of Capt in the first shadow box, it would be fitting to have a replica of Capt #1 made for this one.

Is their anyone in the RPF who makes good replica comics?

Also, since I already have the gloves in one display, I don't know what else to put in this display to help fill out the space. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back