My War Machine Helmet Build

Graphic Jordan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

So until I get around to making the full suit which I plan on doing I have decided to make the helmet.

Big thanks to Bimmer/Dubean for his awesome files.

I plan on casting a hard plastic copy for myself after all the sanding/etc.

Here are a few pics. It is not done yet as I have the back half to pep still.

The area on jaw where the helmet and jaw meet is disconnected on the pep file. This is one of the tweaks I've done. As you can see the transition is smooth. This can be seen on the side view photo.

Thanks,
Graphic Jordan

1000000840.jpg

1000000843.jpg

1000000844.jpg

1000000845.jpg

1000000846.jpg

thanks sir! ehe. oh sir Jordan do you have any scale measurements for the prop minigun yet? also,have you seen OceanSean's warmachine sculpt yet? It looks killer. I asked him about the minigun over at his blog and said he and his team used pvc pipes(the ones ending out to the faucet)but did't give exact measurements yet so i'm kinda waiting on that. :( oh btw have you noticed the back part of the helm that needs some mod to if you want to make it really accurate to the movie helm?

167973_194895647188103_100000030081087_753710_5134139_n.jpg

167669_194895680521433_100000030081087_753711_1423129_n.jpg

164575_194895703854764_100000030081087_753712_4091847_n.jpg

sorry for the pencil highlights just did them in paint. :rolleyes

Wow I've never noticed that. But lets be frank here. This is the helmet worn but half the time in the movie it was completely CG and in those scenes that weird tapered look doesn't exist. Nor does it exist on the bust or slideshow stuff. So there really isn't any one 100% screen accurate look. It all varies. As for the gat gun. I am not sure. I don't plan on full suit yet. Just the helmet. And the helm wasn't built for my massive head. It was made to fit normal size heads aka yours and smaller. I am molding and plan on selling raw casts... I've received permission from Dubean/Bimmer on this.

Im not too keen on the funny shaped back of the helemet. I shared some of those screen grabs on my helmet post. As soon as i get the bluray from my bro I grab some more shots andpost them.

Ya its hard to nail down an exact replica for this helmet. Closest thing would be the hero worn version without cgi posted above or the cgi one that jordans working on. Its all a matter of opinion.

Any plans for a neck seal or just the helm?

I might try and work on a neck seal although I am not quite sure about that. You should post some new pics of your helm Jay. I am sure everyone would love to see.

I'm with Jordan on this one.. The CGI helmet is in the movie way more than the real helmet, and there are probably zero shots of the back of the hero helmet in the actual movie. It very well could be that they decided to overlay the helmet seen above with CGI exactly like they did with Iron Monger from IM1. The helmet we saw in the film was all CGI and not at all what the Hero helmet looked like. The pep file Jordan used is the most accurate file available. :)

Plus i just like the CGI version way better

I agree just noticed those details though,didn't mean any negative feedback sorry :cry. I am using the same file as well on my build so i didn't put those details as well.

That wasn't negative lol. I'm not adding those details because they do not appear in the movie ever as the helmet is CG the whole time. Plus it's not on any Statues or figurines out there.

Very nice work, I am hoping to start mine soon. I see everyone giving credit to the people that unfoldined the polys for pep files and I see you stated that you are using Bimmer/Dubean. I am not sure whos I am using it just says War_Machine_HD_Larger_Size_-_Unfolded_by_D
I believe I got it from here so it should be the same. I hope so cause I really like yours.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back