My War Machine Helmet Build

Well as jordan said im making a helmet.. Hope you dont mind asking on your thread.. Im taking it that most people aren't digging the funky crease in the back of the hero worn helm (including myself). I also dont like the casting cave in on the left side of the helm lol.

Any plans to to the upper lip like in the fight scene or ya gonna keep it pure cgi lol.

I haven't completely sworn off the idea of making a foam War Machine suit... but I really need to get rid of the Iron Man suit or get a proper display for it.

Thanks for the compliments guys. They are very encouraging.

I finished up the back half tonight and will post pics soon. I want the weather to warm up so I can resin the outside in preparation for the rest.

Jay. I am not sure yet what I am doing for the under the mask aspects around the mouth.

JORDAN! Looks great but I cannot believe you aren't doing a foam build for this one too! the IM was amazing!

I haven't completely sworn off the idea of making a foam War Machine suit... but I really need to get rid of the Iron Man suit or get a proper display for it.

Thanks for the compliments guys. They are very encouraging.

I finished up the back half tonight and will post pics soon. I want the weather to warm up so I can resin the outside in preparation for the rest.

Jay. I am not sure yet what I am doing for the under the mask aspects around the mouth.

Im rapidly refreshing the page!!:lol

Well as jordan said im making a helmet.. Hope you dont mind asking on your thread.. Im taking it that most people aren't digging the funky crease in the back of the hero worn helm (including myself). I also dont like the casting cave in on the left side of the helm lol.

Any plans to to the upper lip like in the fight scene or ya gonna keep it pure cgi lol.

sir jay could you show a pic of the upper lip difference between the hero worn helm and the cgi helm? never noticed that. :)

sir jay could you show a pic of the upper lip difference between the hero worn helm and the cgi helm? never noticed that. :)

I believe i have them on my post (link in sig below). If not ill repost here or on my thread. As stated above the cgi helm is shown through most of the movie. The ending fight scene has a mix of cgi and the hero helmet. The wierd bump is gone in the movie from the hero helm but the line above the ears is still there.

Hope this helps

Great job Jordan! I love the clean pep wish i could fold. its easier for me to draw. I have some Voltron lion heads i plan on showing, and today started building quicksilver helmet and armour from The Silver hawks Cartoon Series. Check back on my threads in a few days. I hope to them posted soon.

Bump for this awesome helmet build. Any progress?
You should post some new pics of your helm Jay. I am sure everyone would love to see.
Ya pics soon on my thread, finally got all the parts roughed out.. Been busy with my mark v run, so progress jas been a little slow.

Any progress in your foam machine?

I decided to do a newly revised Mark 6 actually and the helmet is at a stand still until the weather gets warmer. Can't resin in the 50-60's degree weather.

I'm loving the look of the PEP so far Graphic.
I always love seeing work like this since I now know how long it takes to make a quality PEP like you have done.

I look forward to seeing the finished product from yourself.

I obviously need to pad out my mannequin ha ha... but I finally made a PVC skeleton to keep my old foam Mark 4 on.

photo-5.jpg

Very Cool....! As a collector of military helmets and a movie buff I can appreciate your work and attention to detail....! Well done...! Regards

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back