Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

Some amazing photos, some of which I’ve never seen before so thanks for sharing!

Im under the impression the orignal one was carved out of wood!?

I picked up one to modify. May remove the left side grip greeble and replace it with a real transistor, replace the grip retainer with a steel or aluminum one, replace all screw heads with real screws, remove the trigger and make a lense for the scope.

I'm thinking about doing another. I'd like to do some upgrades that I didn't do the first time. Seeing how good it looks with a little putty and paint, it would be AWESOME with a resin print improved nozzle and a real transistor.

By the way, here's where I am so far. I think it's mostly done. I like how it looks, so I've decided not to weather this one. Here are some pictures.

IMG_3001[1].JPG

IMG_3002[1].JPG

If I pick one up I want to modify it, it is possibly to remove the trigger?

Unless NERF has decided to do something really odd with this, the body is two halves held together with screws. Unscrew it, take out all the bits you don't want, screw it back together. Of course, you'll need to fill in the hole. If you really want to go to town you'd want to cut down the handle and replace the trigger guard, too.

For myself, I'd probably just say this is a slightly different model that decided the right-hand-only, trigger button on the side of the handle design of the EC-17 was a "good on paper bad in the field" design (because it seems like a really bad idea and honestly I suspect the lack of trigger was one of those "the audience will never notice and it's easier to make" decisions rather than a deliberate design choice by the art department) and this toy represents the replacement EC-19 or EC-17-bis or whatever one wants to call it. But I'm lazy and would rather make up a new story than spend a lot of time rebuilding the prop. :D

By the way, here's where I am so far. I think it's mostly done. I like how it looks, so I've decided not to weather this one. Here are some pictures.

View attachment 1531370

View attachment 1531371

Pretty! That's a nice clean paint job and I think the satin adds just enough sheen to make it interesting. Flat black might be more "accurate" but would also look boring, in my opinion.

I'm strongly considering snagging one of these for myself at some point, and I doubt I'd be able to resist adding some details in gunmetal.

Unless NERF has decided to do something really odd with this, the body is two halves held together with screws. Unscrew it, take out all the bits you don't want, screw it back together. Of course, you'll need to fill in the hole. If you really want to go to town you'd want to cut down the handle and replace the trigger guard, too.

For myself, I'd probably just say this is a slightly different model that decided the right-hand-only, trigger button on the side of the handle design of the EC-17 was a "good on paper bad in the field" design (because it seems like a really bad idea and honestly I suspect the lack of trigger was one of those "the audience will never notice and it's easier to make" decisions rather than a deliberate design choice by the art department) and this toy represents the replacement EC-19 or EC-17-bis or whatever one wants to call it. But I'm lazy and would rather make up a new story than spend a lot of time rebuilding the prop. :D

Pretty! That's a nice clean paint job and I think the satin adds just enough sheen to make it interesting. Flat black might be more "accurate" but would also look boring, in my opinion.

I'm strongly considering snagging one of these for myself at some point, and I doubt I'd be able to resist adding some details in gunmetal.
Thank you!

My thought on the nozzle has always been that they used a hose connector that was lathed down like one of these.

8993f503c2259b93cbfd5b69c8a1d04ffcef1282_original.jpeg

Now it you look closely it appears that artifacts of the rear threading are still present possibly from just covering over them with putty.
Of all the pix I posted there appear to be 3-4 different guns with each having different tips.
The Prop Store version has a different nozzle that could be easy enough to scratch make from assorted tubing.

You could glue a piece of tubing over one off those barb connectors (the barb section) and it would be pretty close to the part. Or you could use epoxy putty to smooth out the barb end to make it look like a smooth tube.

The lack of trigger always annoyed me about this blaster. Well, that and the handle is so short.
How new is that Nerf release? For $20 you can't really argue, even if it needs mods.

13doctorwho, that turned out pretty nice!

this looks awesome! im a man on a mission this weekend trying to find one
You can get it from the official Hasbro eBay shop for $15.99 plus free shipping. They still have some available. I just got mine. You're probably not going to find a better deal.

Last edited:
I have to believe that the nerf gun used a prop from the Madalorian as a reference. There is a screw on the side of the scope and a mix of Phillips and standard screws on the grip greeble. These are details not seen on any of the real props pictured here. This would seem odd for Hasbro to just make those details up for no reason. I think they were on one or more of the blaster props used on The Mandalorian.
How long has Hasbro been producing this specific gun? Is this an old release that they re-branded to include the Mandalorian logo, or is this relatively new?

You can get it from the official Hasbro eBay shop for $15.99 plus free shipping. They still have some available. I just got mine. You're probably not going to find a better deal.
Be careful with this seller. I had this on my watch list until I looked at their feedback. :oops: 18 negatives in the last month. Not good.

Edit:
Okay, I just bought one for $24 from an evilBay seller with 100% positive feedback. I give it 50/50 odds that instead of the blaster I'll get an e-mail saying he can't find it and has to refund my payment. :oops:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back