New Studio Scale X-Wing Revisited

Hi everyone.:)

I can hardly express how happy we are with the reception you have given our X-Wing. :):):):):thumbsup
As Ralphee and Bigturc guessed, we put a lot of love on this model.
And for all of you that have the question in their minds, yes, this X-Wing was built to be a Resin Model Kit.
We will have it ready during the second week of August.
We will be posting more pics today and as the molds start coming up.

Oh my
Will this be a full kit??
I would love to have one to paint. Is a figure being done?

Yes Gans, I will start sculpting the pilot this week.

Thanks again for the reception.

Last edited:
This looks awesome. The most complete looking kit of it yet. And by that I mean I like the interior - exactly how I would want it. I like that you left off the access panels on the sides and bottom too! Great job!

Thirded, that's incredibly clean. Clearly you've got a market niche for this. If I didn't already have a stupid number of unfinished X-wings I'd be signing up for one myself. Nice work!!

Thanks again for everyone's words. It's an honor for us to get such comments from heavy weight modelers such as you can find in the RPF:)

Here I leave you some more pics to show you some of the detailing mentoned above.
First of all the detail added to the rear end of the Airfix Saturn V part. We thought that the connection to the Phantom engine would look cooler with some mecha design in there.
The cool thing is that if you don't want the new detailing you can just paste the part with the detail inside and leave the flat half facing the exterior:cool.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Secondly the wing cavity for the engine. We kept the phantom engine part there but we added more detail to the walls and base of that section:

These pictures are from two different wings. These wings are both resin casts from our first mold for the right bottom/left upper wing.
We came up with a better working mold so we are doing a new one.
We used no putty or covered any bubble holes before painting both of these wings:)

And finaly a picture of the "Butt" placed in the fuselage, something I forgot in the first post:

I will be uploading pictures of the first resin casts and pilot figure as soon as the are ready.

Bests
Rod

Wonderful job Rodmart!. That is one year very well spent, the results speak for themselves.
The extra details are just fantastic & really look the part.
Everything is sooo crisp & precise, you guys really have created a work of art.
Much admired, well done!.:love
Stu

These are great news! Can't wait!
And for all of you that have the question in their minds, yes, this X-Wing was built to be a Resin Model Kit.
We will have it ready during the second week of August.
We will be posting more pics today and as the molds start coming up.

Thanks again for the reception.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back