New to RPF - Catwoman costume project

If it makes you feel any better, I wear a 'slimming shirt' under my Darth Vader costume (AKA man girdle).

Not because it makes me any skinnier, but it turns my pear shape into a barrel shape.

you'd be suprised with all the slimming wear they make nowadays. Im pretty sure that would be uncompfortable to have pants like that. They would probably make you sweat a lot.

google Spanx...they do Loads of different 'shape wear' a godsend for wearing under spandex! lol.
hell even the stars wear them.

Howdy! I'm BondedHawk's wife and I've been following this thread for awhile, but haven't responded before now. Just wanted to say that it looks like you've got a great start to your costume! I was wondering who made your goggles and if you'd post any pics of them with the lenses in? My husband made mine, but I was wondering about a back-up pair. Don't get discouraged about losing weight, I know you can do it! I had to do the same thing. Oh, thanks for the idea on the Victoria's Secret bra, it works great! Although I went with the version that had straps. Good luck!!! p.s. cute kitty!

Great work on this thread!

Having just put together the page on our work on last year's San Diego Comic Con Catwoman for Adam Hughes (he was helpful in the design work along the way).

Our page is now up at
Kropserkel: Catwoman Costume Adam Hughes

catkrop.jpg

My goal is to fit into my costume by the end of next month. So far I been working pretty hard towards my goal. So hard that I cannot feel my legs right now :0). Like I said before. I have my costume hanging in my room so I can see it everytime I go into my room so it taunts me. Its great motivation.

Howdy! I'm BondedHawk's wife and I've been following this thread for awhile, but haven't responded before now. Just wanted to say that it looks like you've got a great start to your costume! I was wondering who made your goggles and if you'd post any pics of them with the lenses in? My husband made mine, but I was wondering about a back-up pair. Don't get discouraged about losing weight, I know you can do it! I had to do the same thing. Oh, thanks for the idea on the Victoria's Secret bra, it works great! Although I went with the version that had straps. Good luck!!! p.s. cute kitty!

I actually got it from a person I met through here. I believe with shipping it's 45.00. I know this person was selling them on ebay. His email address is Thewrapofcons@aol.com. My fiance is currently working on them to make them look more ligit. He sanded it down to get the orange peel look to it smoother. He is alslo going to repaint them a darker gray color and put padding in them so I can wear them without discomfort. I think he is also going to boil the goggles to fit it to my faces shape better. Once he fixes them I promise to post pictures. My kitty thanks you to for the compliment. He is going to be in a lot of my pictures with me wearing my costume. He is my live - in prop lol.

My goal is to fit into my costume by the end of next month. So far I been working pretty hard towards my goal. So hard that I cannot feel my legs right now :0). Like I said before. I have my costume hanging in my room so I can see it everytime I go into my room so it taunts me. Its great motivation.

I'm doing the same thing. I have a lot further to go, and it may take me a little longer, but I do have mine hanging my room taunting me.

So I was giving some thought to up the anty on my costume a little. I was thinking about possibly getting the finger claw inserts for my gloves. What do you all think or suggest?

i made mine from miliput clay over a false nail which i attached onto the glove. But if i did it again, id make the glove from scratch so the nail sat underneath the fabric. If you find gloves with fingers loong enough you might be able to get away with just inserting the
claw into the tip of the finger. i have very long fingers so cant get away with that!
In the below photo i was having major issues with them so used black duct tape to secure them to the gloves!
36616344_b4dca70e27_o.jpg

Thanks Sakara. I think I will try getting the claw rings and putting the gloves I have over top of it. The gloves I have are pretty stretchy and my fingers are not too long so it should work.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back