New to RPF - Catwoman costume project

So I was able to get my costume on last night with a little help. I def. have the curve factor going on, however I still need to tone down atleast another 15 pounds. So far I lost 8 pounds. My stomach is going to be the hardest thing to tone for sure. Halloween is in about 3 months so I am sure I can lose everything by then. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Dust, you cannot tone one specific part. If your goal is to lose those 15, do so, but make sure to encompass weight training and cardio. The weights will give you that overall tone.

And if you already know this....how about this weather?

Curves are good - not everybody worships boney Cosmo models. Go ahead and post some pictures!

Any plans to attend the New York Comic Con this year? I'll be there on Saturday.

So I was able to get my costume on last night with a little help. I def. have the curve factor going on, however I still need to tone down atleast another 15 pounds. So far I lost 8 pounds. My stomach is going to be the hardest thing to tone for sure. Halloween is in about 3 months so I am sure I can lose everything by then. Wish me luck!
Interval jogging will melt the overall body fat first to tackle then the stomach muscles. Just google for it ;)
Nice that you've changed your avatar.

Dust, you cannot tone one specific part. If your goal is to lose those 15, do so, but make sure to encompass weight training and cardio. The weights will give you that overall tone.

And if you already know this....how about this weather?

I know you cannot target weightloss. I just know where my problem area is. The weather is hot and sticky. Im patiently waiting for fall.

Curves are good - not everybody worships boney Cosmo models. Go ahead and post some pictures!

Any plans to attend the New York Comic Con this year? I'll be there on Saturday.

If I could I for sure would. I am aiming for San Diago Comic Con in 2012 for my honeymoon. Hopefully they will have some dates posted sometime soon so I know when the deadline is for tickets and what not.

Last edited:
So after some thought I decided to exhange the catwoman costume for a more custom fit. After trying it on twice I realized that I am too tall for the costume and it takes away from my gifted areas. Once I get the new one in the mail I will try it on and take pictures.

If I could I for sure would. I am aiming for San Diago Comic Con in 2012 for my honeymoon. Hopefully they will have some dates posted sometime soon so I know when the deadline is for tickets and what not.

For your honeymoon? That is some lucky guy! My wife just barely tolerates me going to the occasional con. I'm psyched because this is the first time I'll be going in costume. I get the feeling this may be the start of a regular thing. We'll see how it goes...

So I was giving these gloves some thought. Let me know what you think.

GL2D-2005Lg.jpg

I dont know if it's just me or if they look odd in the finger area.

I was also thinking about getting gauntlet cuffs with buckles just to add onto the gloves I aldready have/ had.

Costume update. I sent my old one back and waiting on my new one. hopefully this one fits and doesn't take away from my special parts :0)

Last edited:
the fingers on those gloves are not very well shaped. You might be able to reshape them by turning the glove inside out and pinning the loose fabric around your own fingers, then sewing the new shape.

Those gloves don't do it for me. I'm not liking the material or pattern and the buckles look a little TOO 'for show'.
I really think a good pair of leather gloves with more functional buckles will look better - but it depends on how authentic looking you want your costume to be.
The gloves shown above just reek of 'costume' and I think if you have some love for this project it may be worth your time and money to look around for something that you may like even better.
Just my two cents. :angel

I agree with GeneralFROSTY
I think this gloves looks inaccurate.
Try ebay with words " leather long gloves"
I saw a lot of good gloves with a good prices too.
Just try ;)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back