Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of the HC and Markpoon shoes, which one is more accurate in your opinions.

The Mark Poon MAGs are more accurate over all. They are taller than the HC and have the seam going all the way up the back. The inner seam is too far forward but all replica MAGs except V3 have this issue. The only major problem with a MP MAG is they come in one size only. It is supposed to be US9, but I will suggest closer to US8.
The HC soles are slightly better because they don't dip in like the MP MAGs do. However, the profile is better on the MP MAG.

On the topic of the HC and Markpoon shoes, which one is more accurate in your opinions.

Poons have been out of production for a long time if you are looking to buy. You would need to find someone willing to sell.

If you want some cheap kick around Mags can't do much better than the HC or Sports Mags with a decal kit.

And if you want a reasonable reproduction you could get V2 or the newer remote control shoes for around $200.

Top of the line V3 will cost you about $500, but they are almost perfect.

So markpoons MAGS will be hard to find so instead, what do you people believe with your knowledge and expertise in this area. Is the pair to get as a base model shoe that is reasonably cheap and is the best to mod to create a realistic MAG.

So markpoons MAGS will be hard to find so instead, what do you people believe with your knowledge and expertise in this area. Is the pair to get as a base model shoe that is reasonably cheap and is the best to mod to create a realistic MAG.

HCs are cheap at less than 100 bucks. At one point, these are almost down to $50. OK for the price, but not accurate and no decals.

MP MAGs were about $200 when I bought mine and these came with a decal kit.

V2s cost $250 but can be had now for less than $200 and have the NIKE MAG on the heel cup and SWOOSH on the side.

Sports MAGs are about $150. They look OK but they use a different material above the strap. It is like a type of shiny vinyl. No decals.

There are a few variations of V2/V3 hybrids. They have some almost awesome versions, but it makes me wonder why they didn't use the V3 soles.

The V3 are the most expensive version, but also the only version that does not need modding.

They cover their butts by photoshopping the branding out. Looks like V2 to me.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

WOW. Shame about the use of a different material at the top and that bit of extra stitching around the lace box. Didn't the original "sports" version have the same non-visible stitching as the V2?

WOW. Shame about the use of a different material at the top and that bit of extra stitching around the lace box. Didn't the original "sports" version have the same non-visible stitching as the V2?
(sounds of things being moved around in my store room)
yep.
IMG_20170709_084143.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back