Official Show off your model collection thread!

tn_models 002.JPG
tn_models 003.JPG
tn_models 004.JPG
tn_models 005.JPG
tn_models 006.JPG

Small ENTERPRISE-B. Couldn't work the decals proper, so I stripped it, repainted it copper, and made it an award/ display.

tn_models 007.JPG
tn_models 008.JPG
tn_models 014.JPG
tn_models 015.JPG

Romulan D-7; one of the Praetor's personal fleet. Why is it red? Because my wife told me, "You know, there really aren't a lot of red spaceships." So, VOILA! :D (The decals are from the Polar Lights D-7)

tn_models 016.JPG
tn_models 017.JPG
tn_models 018.JPG

Romulan stand. Plexiglas, with a Playmates action figure base attached.

tn_models 019.JPG
tn_models 020.JPG

Two more re-purposed action figure bases.

tn_models 021.JPG

I've more kits, but none are built yet. Maybe with the current free time.... :)

Here's a little AMT display I have in my garage...just bought a refit "smoothie", which I hope to add to it soon. I mean the box, not sure yet I want to try to build it. Results may not be much better than when I was a kid.;)

Attachments

• IMG_3955.JPG
    IMG_3955.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3956.JPG
    IMG_3956.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 253
  • thumbnail_IMG_4009.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4009.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Yes! I hadn’t made any models for 20 odd years. The Bandai X-Wing was my first dip, now I’m hooked!View attachment 1038775View attachment 1038776

Those are amazing! Your work area, painting collection, and model collection is almost 100% exactly the same as mine!

I had also not built models in a very long time, then I picked up one of the Bandi X-Wings and now I am constantly building them. I even have that Battle Star Galactica ship waiting to be built.

Horizon ED-209 and 1st version of the Hot Toys ED-209, both very heavily modified.
The Horizon one is solid resin inside, so its very strong and heavy. Its fitted together using PVC tubes, so it can be stripped down into parts.
The Hot Toys one has no rubber parts anymore. Everything that was made out of rubber like the joints and the dome were cast in resin. It took the best part of three years to get this one finished and it cost a fortune in Tamiya spray paints. Like the Horizon model, this one can be stripped down too and a lot of the parts are attached using magnets.
I like to be able to take models apart easily, as i find it useful when cleaning them or incase any repairs ever needed doing. It also helps when, like always, they get packed away in storage.

Those are awesome! ED-209 has always been one of my favorites!

Here's a little AMT display I have in my garage...just bought a refit "smoothie", which I hope to add to it soon. I mean the box, not sure yet I want to try to build it. Results may not be much better than when I was a kid.;)
the 1701 TOS looks great, in fact better than the one I just cobbled together, lol (y)

Thanks. :) Thinking of getting the other Enterprises, and making them all the same; similar to the wall plaques from TNG.

Reminds me of the Enterprise Lineage Display in Star Trek - First Contact and Nemesis. Most of them are gold plated AMT Models

Here is my first completed model I finished last year after a 20 year layoff from the hobby, just didn't have the time to work on them anymore but within the past year I've reduced my work schedule and I really felt the urge to get back into the hobby I enjoyed so much. Here is the K'Tinga Klingon ship I built last year with the "Polar Lights" light kit. It had some serious warpage on the wings but after using 42 clamps to hold it together it finally held. Since then I've been leaning towards high quality studio scale resin kits, thus leading to the second model I built last year. Captain Nemo's Nautilus (31") from Masterpiece Models. This one took quite some time as you can see from the build pictures. It came out really nice but needed a lot of work on the lighting aspect of it. Currently working on a "Nice N" Y-Wing Studio scale model that is just about halfway finished as you can tell from the pictures.

Attachments

• Klingon -2.jpg
    Klingon -2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 175
  • 20190905_043320.jpg
    20190905_043320.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 155
  • Klingon -4 (3).jpg
    Klingon -4 (3).jpg
    844 KB · Views: 169
  • Klingon -5 (2).jpg
    Klingon -5 (2).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 169
  • Nautilus-1.jpg
    Nautilus-1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 168
  • Nautilus int-3.jpg
    Nautilus int-3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 168
  • Nautilus-2.jpg
    Nautilus-2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 165
  • Nautilus-5.jpg
    Nautilus-5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 162
  • Nautilus-7.jpg
    Nautilus-7.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 167
  • Lights-9.jpg
    Lights-9.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 172
  • Finish-1.jpg
    Finish-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 166
  • Finish-12.jpg
    Finish-12.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 167
  • Finish-14.jpg
    Finish-14.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 161
  • Nemo close-up -2.jpg
    Nemo close-up -2.jpg
    873.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Finish-3.jpg
    Finish-3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 152
  • 1st wave - effects-4.jpg
    1st wave - effects-4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 155
  • 1st wave - effects-12.jpg
    1st wave - effects-12.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 166
  • 2nd wave effects-1.jpg
    2nd wave effects-1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 141
  • 2nd wave effects-6.jpg
    2nd wave effects-6.jpg
    809.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 2nd wave effects-8.jpg
    2nd wave effects-8.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
  • 2nd wave effects-13.jpg
    2nd wave effects-13.jpg
    905.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Engine Nacelle support-1.jpg
    Engine Nacelle support-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • Final effects-Wave 3 -9.jpg
    Final effects-Wave 3 -9.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 142
  • Front-Sideview-1.jpg
    Front-Sideview-1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
  • Main-Hull-sub comp-4.jpg
    Main-Hull-sub comp-4.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 133
  • Nose back panel -1.jpg
    Nose back panel -1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 140
  • Overhead-1.jpg
    Overhead-1.jpg
    730.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Pre-assembly -1 .jpg
    Pre-assembly -1 .jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 133
  • Pre-assembly -5.jpg
    Pre-assembly -5.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 142
  • Y Wing  Build -1.jpg
    Y Wing Build -1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
  • Y Wing - Build 3.jpg
    Y Wing - Build 3.jpg
    782 KB · Views: 130
  • Final effects-Wave 3 -10.jpg
    Final effects-Wave 3 -10.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
  • Final effects-Wave 3 -11.jpg
    Final effects-Wave 3 -11.jpg
    997.3 KB · Views: 154
Here is my first completed model I finished last year after a 20 year layoff from the hobby, just didn't have the time to work on them anymore but within the past year I've reduced my work schedule and I really felt the urge to get back into the hobby I enjoyed so much. Here is the K'Tinga Klingon ship I built last year with the "Polar Lights" light kit. It had some serious warpage on the wings but after using 42 clamps to hold it together it finally held. Since then I've been leaning towards high quality studio scale resin kits, thus leading to the second model I built last year. Captain Nemo's Nautilus (31") from Masterpiece Models. This one took quite some time as you can see from the build pictures. It came out really nice but needed a lot of work on the lighting aspect of it. Currently working on a "Nice N" Y-Wing Studio scale model that is just about halfway finished as you can tell from the pictures.
Fantastic work! the K-bird is beautiful! excellent lighting as well. love the nautilus also. I've built 2 of those. the first I ebay'ed to a guy in europe and the second for a buddy in CA. I've got a third one that's for me. they recently retooled the molds and this 3rd one is really, really nice for fit.

Nautilus 2020 here's my build thread if ya wanna check it out. I've been using 28w gage wire for lighting. you can get it in ridiculously tiny places.

Fantastic work! the K-bird is beautiful! excellent lighting as well. love the nautilus also. I've built 2 of those. the first I ebay'ed to a guy in europe and the second for a buddy in CA. I've got a third one that's for me. they recently retooled the molds and this 3rd one is really, really nice for fit.
Thanks, gt350pony66 I have another Nautilus to build that I bought around 6 months ago, not sure if it's retooled one or not. The one I built was a good fitting but the interior space for the lighting was very limited (well for my experience with lighting).
Love your member name BTW, do you own a 66 GT350? If so I envy you. I had a hopped up 67 fastback in my younger days but the wife said it had to go because of too many other hot rod projects I had. Anyways I love all of the Shelby Mustangs 66-70 !

Very nice Nautilus !
what did you use for the ladder pieces, mine were trash when I went to use them, have been thing about using some kind of heavy duty staples or something like that.
Again, many thanks! It was a chore of a build. ladders I just use evergreen rod and super glue so it goes quick. building the stairs for the main hatch is always a load of fun :rolleyes: I forgot to mention, if you're not already aware, Shapeways has some great pieces for this kit and some of the furniture came from there as well. the interior lighting is ambient for the most part so I just use whatever because you can't see it

Thanks, gt350pony66 I have another Nautilus to build that I bought around 6 months ago, not sure if it's retooled one or not. The one I built was a good fitting but the interior space for the lighting was very limited (well for my experience with lighting).
Love your member name BTW, do you own a 66 GT350? If so I envy you. I had a hopped up 67 fastback in my younger days but the wife said it had to go because of too many other hot rod projects I had. Anyways I love all of the Shelby Mustangs 66-70 !
I get my kits from Bob Martin at Nautilus Drydocks, they've been better quality than the first one I got from masterpiece. I do have a 66 fastback in the garage that's waiting for it's rebuild. I've had two others I did from the bare shell up. replicas of course. the one I have now isn't a bad car really but it's just a regular 6 cyl car that the guy stuffed a 302 in. but i like doing them the way i want them. this is the 3rd and last one I plan to build. i'm not going to sell them anymore no matter what i get offered:lol:

Again, many thanks! It was a chore of a build. ladders I just use evergreen rod and super glue so it goes quick. building the stairs for the main hatch is always a load of fun :rolleyes: I forgot to mention, if you're not already aware, Shapeways has some great pieces for this kit and some of the furniture came from there as well. the interior lighting is ambient for the most part so I just use whatever because you can't see it
Thanks for the advice and I learned about Shapeways a couple of months ago. I will definitely use them for the next build. I probably won't spend as much time on the Salon area on the next 31" because yes you are right about not being able to see much.

I get my kits from Bob Martin at Nautilus Drydocks, they've been better quality than the first one I got from masterpiece. I do have a 66 fastback in the garage that's waiting for it's rebuild. I've had two others I did from the bare shell up. replicas of course. the one I have now isn't a bad car really but it's just a regular 6 cyl car that the guy stuffed a 302 in. but i like doing them the way i want them. this is the 3rd and last one I plan to build. i'm not going to sell them anymore no matter what i get offered:lol:
I love Bob Martins site, hopefully he will come out with that 48" Nautilus soon like he's been saying. I will be getting one of those if possible. Sounds like me on owning a bunch of mustangs, two 67's and 68. I sold them all due to other projects and not enough garage space. My last total restomod was a 1967 Fairlane GTA but once again someone made me an offer at a car show and I couldn't refuse, sold it and that was in 2015. don't know if this is okay or not on this site to share no-related model pictures but here it is. she was a beauty!

Attachments

• 2011-10-19 20.05.37.jpg
    2011-10-19 20.05.37.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
Very nice Nautilus !
what did you use for the ladder pieces, mine were trash when I went to use them, have been thing about using some kind of heavy duty staples or something like that.
The red one is what i have now, the blue one I built in 2011, it was also a 6 cyl car...when i started. it's in Houston now. in a couple of years old red will be a duplicate of the blue girl(y):cry:

Attachments

• image1 (3).jpeg
    image1 (3).jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 194
  • image0 (6).jpeg
    image0 (6).jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 193

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back