Unlimited Run Opening Golden Snitch Ring Holder

bennygorilla

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
------------------------------------ **UPDATE** ------------------------------------

Model has been updated to be much thinner walls. which significantly reduced the cost for it to be made. externally, it looks exactly the same, except that it has now got holes for the wings that can be added.

1623926068614.png

------------------------------------ **UPDATE** ------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

Due to popular demand, I am putting an limited run on here for anyone that wants one of my opening golden snitches.

You can see the design below and also on the opening Snitch thread in the Replica prop thread - Harry Potter - Golden Snitch - DH version, Opening snitch modelling
The Snitch can house a ring 22mm wide x 25mm tall, the ring band width to fit in the ring holder is 2mm (if you need wider, PM me and I can make a private model available), and I use museum putty to hold the ring in place.

There are different materials available, ranging from plastic to solid brass to 18k plated gold, and one limited edition solid gold Snitch.
I've released a custom text version as well for anyone who would wish to change the text.

There are 2 options for you, depending on which way you want to buy one.

1. You can use the direct links here:
Part 1 - Main Body: Part 2 - Ring holder mechanism:
2mm Ring Holder: 3mm Ring Holder: 4mm Ring Holder:
Snitch wings (optional): Snitch Ring Box Stand (optional):
Prices are detailed on the site, depending on what material you go for.

2. If you want additional weathering you can place an order with me via PAYPAL - Detail clearly your username, and what specifically you would like) and get additional weathering/gold leaf added. The prices for this would be:

Plastic: The Shapeway's price for the 2 parts in "black plastic", plus £30 extra for Gold Leafing/Sealing.
plastic front-nw.jpg plastic back-nw.jpg plasticback-nw.jpg

Plastic: The Shapeway's price for the 2 parts in "black plastic", plus £40 extra for Gold leafing, Weathering/Sealing.
plastic front.jpg plasitc back closed.jpg plastic-with-ring.jpg

Metal: The Shapeway's price for the 2 parts, plus £15 for Weathering. I currently don't have a weathered one yet, but here are some brass ones:
Photo-2016-05-11-19.51.32.jpgbrass front.JPG brass open.JPG

Shipping will be £15 for UK, this covers shipping from Shapeway's to me and then to you (PM me for overseas shipping)

Some people have said it's quite fiddly to put together so you can also pay me the price for Shapeways part(s), plus £15 delivery for UK (PM me for overseas shipping), and I will put it together for you.

Video of how to put the model together:
Plastic:
Brass:

Feel free to ask any questions.

If you would rather have a whole snitch that is nmore movie accurate and doesnt open, but can still have the wings, then these models are available:

1623926303059.png

Small Whole Snitch: Small Whole Snitch Stand (optional): (The wings are compatible with both models)

All the best!
Benny

Purchase Details:

1. hayzer- plastic weathered - PAID - Assembled - Shipped 14/05/16 - Delivered
2. Tuftistump - Brass unweathered - PAID - Assembled - Shipped 14/05/16 - Delivered

Last edited:
Last edited:
Recieved my golden snitch today from benny and I couldn't be happier. It's a quality product and the weight is perfect. My partner is going to love it so thank you very much :D I would also like to add that the whole process was fault free and his communication throughout was excellent. Cheers again.

I need a metal one .I am planing to propose and she is the biggest Harry potter fan ever . Also in the us florida to be exact

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Any way to get one

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Hi lunacyfx, you can either buy direct from the shapeways website using the links, and try to follow the videos to put it together yourself, or you can PM me with your options, pay the price I quote via PP, and I will put it together for you, and send it on.

Hope that helps.

Watched your video and am having some trouble putting it together. Am I really supposed to hear a snapping sound when putting the two main bodies together? It seems quite loose.

Yes there should be a clicking sound. That is what holds the 2 snitch pieces together. You then pull it out slightly to rotate the inner part to reveal the ring. I can put another video up if you like, to show how it is used.

Benny

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Yeah, honestly I've watched the video so many times and it just doesnt make any sound for me. I figured whatever and went ahead and kept going. Everything was installed but I can still pull it apart with the slightest attempt

Do you have the plastic or the brass? You may need to manipulate the prongs with the discs on to push them out slightly so they engage with the sides more.

In case anyone is feeling particularly flush, I've just made 14k gold available as a material!

I just bought the polished brass one with the ring holder and stand. Words cannot express how grateful I am. I'm going to be using it to propose :)

I will send you a quick lost of the different font options for you. Will get it to you tomorrow. Right now I need to sleep! Haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back