Done / Completed Phoenix Props V2 CNC - Kylo Ren Crossguard- preorders closed

dday

Sr Member
Preorders are now closed. No new run joiners.

if you want one of these you'll have to wait for the run to be over. There will be a few available from me directly as well as sabers on the aftermarket if you are lucky.
------------------------------//////////////////////---------------------////////////////////////////------------:::::::::::::-------------/////////////////////////////------------------------//////////////////////////////------------------------------------

There has been an Awakening... have you felt it?

V2 is live.

Here are the details:

Many many people took part in my V1 run, and were very happy with the completion. Now I bring you the V2!

@guabe; started the design of this V2 and we went back and forth on details for quite some time until we were satisfied with the files. Then after a few weeks we started making new changes :D This version is designed to be the ultimate representation of this particular saber. Every single detail was verified vs the Hero prop and the Prop Shop (RIP) reproduction. This simply is the only hilt offered or ever to be offered in the future with full detailing in a fully installable and duel-able saber.

I know, I know! I said this same thing with the V1. At time time we started with the details we had, it truly was. Since then as with everything in our hobby, so many new details have come out and now I can definitively tell you this is so close to the hero prop, they should use this in Episode 8. It would be a lot better than the 3d printed breakable toys they used in Ep7. But since Ep8 is already filmed and done, maybe it will make it into EP9!

Some major changes from the V1 to the V2 (note all changes are to make this hilt more inline with the Hero and Prop Shop details):

Sizing update, about 5% larger
Rescaling of the each portion of the hilt due to the resize
Increased the accuracy of the upper and lower core details
Increased the accuracy of many small details on the saber, even details you do not see once it's assembled.
Improved the spacing between the upper core and the shroud
Redesigned the main activation switch to integrate it into the 3 pronged detail button
Integrated the button box into the core shroud
aux button location relocated in order to increase accuracy.
Updated the shape of the lower fins to match the proper slope
Integrated the quillion heatsinks into the design of the quillion itself
Increased the size of the quillion to 7/8 inch
Added peg/hole assembly to the 4 cable holders for integrity and fixed locations
No longer using a screw method between the upper and lower section, so there are no alignment issues like V1.
Saber will Include the brass saber clip that is screwed into the saber. This clip will fit in the JJ Industries (Sni9er; belt attached saber holder. If you need this part for your costume belt, look him up for his current run.

Many more changes, hard to think of them all but these are some of the biggest ones.

Prices are still not final yet, it's possible they may change (+/-) once final quotes come from the machinist. Due to Chinese New Year the protoypes are not machined yet and will be delayed until they return to the factory on the 10th of Feb. So in the mean time I'm collecting funds so that once they return and I have the prototypes, I can immediately start production.

My target date for all raw sabers in my hands is Mid March. Adding paint and electronics will of course increase this timeline if you opt for these services.

Because I am a registered business here in Germany it is required by law that I collect a 19% sales tax for each and every item I sell. These taxes are already figured into this price, so no need to think about it, but I wanted to let you know that these prices already include the 19% VAT. Also this means if you are buying as a business, when the full transaction is completed I will be providing you an invoice showing the amount and you can use this 19% VAT against your taxes (EU only I would imagine).

Saber: 690 Euros
Saber painted: 850 Euros
Saber painted and electronics (Crystal Shard v3): 1,440 Euros
Saber painted and electronics (Crystal Focus v8): 1,670 Euros

All parts are CNC machined.

The kit will contain all of the saber parts fully machined (no cast parts), 3 machined blade plugs, brass saber affixed belt clip, a long red translucent wire, 2 short blue wires, all screws needed for assembly as well as set screws for the 3 blades.

The entire structure and every part is CNC aluminium. This will mean that it will be light weight but still have some heft so you can easily display, wear on your costume or duel very hard without fear of damage to the

If you order a painted saber on my list it will be finished by Sanotized Creations using professional high strength paints, very resistant to scratching or damage. Some samples of his work on my V1 run are shown below.

If you order the full monte saber painted and installed, installation will come via Saberproject. Saber Project does professional high end saber installations in Germany for dueling and demo purposes . A video of the installation of a V1 saber is also linked below. More in depth details on the install will follow once the first prototype is installed.

I have chosen to do things this way so that I have a personal hand in the quality and approval of each and every piece that gets ordered through me. I will be solely responsible for all sabers, paint finished and electronics installs. If there are any issues I will have the responsibility to fix them with the painter/installer so you don't have to.

If you order the full monte saber painted and installed, installation will come via Saberproject. Saber Project does professional high end saber installations in Germany for dueling and demo purposes . More details about this install can be found here: http://www.saberproject.de/other/ma...o_Ren_TFA_V2_install_by_Saberproject_Shop.pdf

If you decide you want to have another painter/installer this is no problem. However you will have to manage this contact on your own as they will have their own order processes.

Shipping is not included in the above costs. Shipping will originate from Germany and will travel via German Post Airmail and will be insured for their full value. If you have customs/insurance specific requirements please contact me directly with your concerns.

Shipment via carrier like FedEx/UPS is possible but costs are in the range of 200 Euros.

Shipping costs: (TBD) I'm currently investigating options to get the sabers out in the fastest and most secure fashion. Prices will be revealed in the coming weeks.

When you sign up on this list please be ready to pay 50% (345 euros) of the base saber cost. Final saber costs to include shipping will be due once the base sabers are completed machining but before they ship to me for final packaging. You can of course pay a higher deposit if this suits you. I will mark your entry with the exact amount you have paid so there is a full accounting of your funds.

For more details about paying via paypal please visit the link for sign up.

After deposit/payment, refunds will only be possible when you can find someone to take your spot in the run since the funds will be going directly to the machinist to start production. If there is any change to the listed pricing I will offer everyone who wants it a free refund of their money if they chose to exit the run. This is the only time I will be offering this. Otherwise you will need to organize someone to take your place in order to get your funds back. I do this because once deposits are paid to the machinist, the production is set. This is an expensive and highly complicated custom saber so please understand me that I can not offer pure refunds without someone to take your place.

Again... do NOT sign up unless you are ready to pay and order. Any exceptions need to be communicated to me first and I will deal with them on a case by case basis.

After you sign up you must to go paypal and send the deposit to dday@phoenixprops.net. If you do not send payment within 48 hours you may be removed from the list unless you discuss with me what your plan is.

Again, in order to join this run you MUST click this link and fill the form. I can not take orders unless this process is followed for accounting purposes.

https://goo.gl/forms/ovNE4PmtVElsvZx63
Thank you! Derrek of Phoenix Props

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Phoenix Props V2 CNC - Kylo Ren Crossguard

Great,

Just waiting for two replies, one from you, other from a friend, and I sign in for a rough kit.

Is the deposit required now?

I am very interested but don't have €350 just lying around.

Thanks

The deposit is required within 48 hours of signing onto the list.

I need these funds in order to engage the machinists services.

Thanks, Derrek

Is the deposit required now?

I am very interested but don't have €350 just lying around.

Thanks

Full blown v8, let's do this! :devil

Deposit sent.

Will you be able to recommend a good blade supplier?

Last edited:

What's the sign up deadline? It would be great for me (and I'm sure others) to have a solid deadline. This is one of the most important things for me to tell if I can be in or not.

I paint those too if anyone wants to send one my way. :)
k4.jpgk5.jpgk6.jpgk1.jpg

Full blown v8, let's do this! :devil

Deposit sent.

Will you be able to recommend a good blade supplier?

I've seen Ripper Blades and there are some other guys on Facebook groups who do the unstable and silicone blades.

The Knights of Ren group on FB and possible here might be a good place to bring it up.

What's the sign up deadline? It would be great for me (and I'm sure others) to have a solid deadline. This is one of the most important things for me to tell if I can be in or not.

I plan on shutting it down by 15 Feb, so thats 3 weeks about. I need to do this in order to hold to the arrival time of the sabers in Germany of mid March.

Im with this guy ^^^^

is artisan fx not offering the paint job?

He is offering a paint service for this as well.

I have organized a default finisher for this saber here in Germany as a way to keep top to bottom quality control on all aspects of the saber. I will be the first and last hands to touch every single saber and take responsibility for the options included in the form. If the sabers are finished out of my control then I can not guarantee it.

Nothing against AFX or any painters or sabersmiths not included in my default setup, it's simply the only to keep tight quality controls is to inspect it myself. So if anything is wrong in a paint job or an install, it's my problem to fix with the painter/installer and not yours, like in the case that you get a finish/install from another provider.

I really want in, but something major is going to need to happen in the next 3 weeks for me to afford it.

Will pain me to miss out... been watching this for a while!

dday I signed up for your V2, and paid the deposit. Please check. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

It's great that there's a lot of options to have it painted by different companies, it's my first time with any of them, is there a way to see their work on this saber and compare styles?

@dday I signed up for your V2, and paid the deposit. Please check. Thanks!

Yup, got you

It's great that there's a lot of options to have it painted by different companies, it's my first time with any of them, is there a way to see their work on this saber and compare styles?

mostly they either have webpages or Facebook pages, gotta check there or contact them directly for help.

I am in. I need a few days to send you the deposit, but I am in.

noproblem

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back