PIH Production Vader Helmet Up for Auction / Vader Helmet Discussion

So to construe it as me simply contradicting myself is nothing more than an attempt to bait me. Why? Because Mike is mad he got turfed from some forum for posting some detail from that same image, and then thought that I had posted a similar image in my ANH mask in ESB movie thread. So grow up.

Absolute crap, and who's baiting who now?? My comment regarding your back and forth posts has nothing to do with anything except how you cant make up your mind from one minute to the next and then trying to come off like you knew it the whole time. Simple as that.

But hey, if you'd rather call me ****** and get into a ****** match about it thats fine, I guess its easier for you then just being a man and saying "I was mistaken".

Last edited by a moderator:
WHOAH!
I've got zero interest in the PIH helmet but just had to say that this photo is perhaps one of the most amazing I've seen of the ANH mask. How the hell did I miss this? Did Bill Malone post it somewhere???
Awesome!

Chris

It is a great photo, I totally agree!

Highly compressed? Maybe. However, it still appears to be 10 times more clear than enlargements I've seen people use to illustrate points.

I'm excited to see this pic and don't want people to rain on the parade. :lol

Well yes it is a nice photo (saw it years ago), but I'm just saying as a point of reference that it is low resolution, and it is highly compressed to boot, knowing what kind of camera was used to take it...

Last edited:
Image collectors that pay big money sometimes find themselves disappointed when they're made public but over the years such as last year per example I didn't have some of those ESB shots in high res that Official Pix put out so it swings in round abouts but this image along with others had done the rounds and bit by bit I think many of them would get out eventually which actually helps the community when debating rather than the I can't share stance.

Back to the piece in question I think a few thousand, nothing more. Overrated and under researched with facts.

That's a sharp pic. I brought out a few shadow details. :)

anhmaskdpsmaloneenh.jpg

Well (correct me if I'm wrong Phase Pistol), I do believe he was trying to show that by enlarging and modifying the brightness / contrast of the perfectly good quality picture, he's actually made it more difficult to see things that were evident before in the unmodified version of the pic.

I really don't see the point.

Well (correct me if I'm wrong Phase Pistol), I do believe he was trying to show that by enlarging and modifying the brightness / contrast of the perfectly good quality picture, he's actually made it more difficult to see things that were evident before in the unmodified version of the pic.

Um... no.... :confused

Good move, Pistol. Brightening it shows details of the face and establishes what's there, versus what is not. This raises the bar of accountability in the fandom - especially applicable to those who have ever tried to stake claims of superiority of their helmet's lineage or position on the lineage tree because of certain features - but those same features don't even exist on the screen-used. :thumbsup

Really? My apologies for assuming it then.
The enlarged photo you posted is much more "blocky" and that effectively disguises many of the surface details that can be clearly seen on the unmodified pic. The point I was trying to make was that it's really not the best idea to blow these pics up and enhance them like this because the quality is reduced and people start seeing things on them that aren't really there!

Chris

Yeah, the size it was in on the PIH site was already as large as it could be, enlarging even a tiny fraction more and you got pixelation and artifacts. It was already at max.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back