Pledge/Future :ammonia smell?

Contec

Master Member
Im have been reading about Future acrylic floor polish which is called : S.C. Johnson's Pledge Klar Polish in sweden.
Is it suppost to smell of ammonia?
Maybe some swedish/European modelers could shim in with a answer.
I looked on this page http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html
and this is the bottle i see in the stores but i can't find anywhere that it should smell like ammonia.
Thanks

Klar.jpg

It has a smell, but not of ammonia. Are you sure this is the same product? If it has ammonia then it's a cleaning product, not just polish.

I just bought my first bottle of Future and it does not smell of ammonia.

On a side note, I was amazed at how it transforms clear parts. My canopies look like lead crystal.:)

I belive it has something to do with the swedish version of pledge... Maybe they added ammonia so that it can take away the old layer of polish at the same time as it lays a new layer?

I would go ahead and try it on a scrap of clear plastic. If it works then it works! If it turns the scrap into a horrible bloddy mess.....then I wouldn't use it.:)

I would worry that the ammonia would damage any paint or decals you may apply this over. Dipping clear parts, not so much, that should go just fine.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back