Re-make of "Dune"

Denis Villeneuve is in talk with Lengendary; seems that, according to the article in "Le Journal de Montreal" Villeneuve have always wanted to shoot Dune,since it's a movie that influenced him at an early age.
Over the years, he tried, without success, to do the movie. Now with Lengendary in charge, he just might make it.

Yes as a person that lives here in Quebec, Denis Villeneuve is well known over here. I am also a huge fan of DUNE 1984 movie which i was watching a lot over my younger years. I dont know why i love this movie, is it because of it's magical moments or because of the unknown, i really do not know. Since i was 5 or 6 years old I remember calling sick at school just to listen to movies at home hehehe. At that age i wasnt understanding a thing at all.... all i really cared about was the music and sand worms.... and of course the spaceships. I also remember a friend of my youth that was reading The EMPEROR OF DUNE book. I think the decors and landscapes of DUNE 1984 was truly epic and i think it is that kind of ideas that we need to follow and do for the next generations of props makers and costumes makers.....

Alejandro Jodorowsky's version of Dune was always one of those films I regret was never made. The concept art for that, particularly the work of Chris Foss and Giger just amazed me. The Lynch version was just too bizarre though it had its moments, though I did enjoy the Scifi TV series which tried to keep very close to the books , despite the limited budget .
I just hope they don't go the way where the sandworms shoot through the Dunes like those springing things out of a joke can. It looks ridiculous.
Given the way VFX have developed now, and the fact its Villeneuve directing, I think there is a great chance we will finally get to see the version of Dune that the book deserves.

Friend of mine sent this, was posted on facebook. Not 200% sure if it was on a page or if it was on someone's private page, the movie is also shot in Hungary and I'm Hungarian, so it may be that it's a private photo of my friend's friend who works on the production.

Dune is considered one of the best sci-fi books ever written and there have been a couple of different movies made. They each had their own good and bad points, more bad than good, as it was very hard to bring Frank Herbert's book to life.

I have no idea what Dune is, but if it's going to be anything in the quality of Arrival or Blade Runner 2049, count me in!
Still time til the movie comes out, suggest reading the book. It’s my favourite novel of all time, fantastic sci-fi, extremely layered themes and top notch world creation. I could rave about it for days but I think it’s better if you just find it out for yourself.
And agreed, Villeneuve has been making quality films, he’s probably my favourite filmmaker who’s been mostly active recently. Match made in heaven for me.

Yep
Friend of mine sent this, was posted on facebook. Not 200% sure if it was on a page or if it was on someone's private page, the movie is also shot in Hungary and I'm Hungarian, so it may be that it's a private photo of my friend's friend who works on the production.

Yep, that's obviously the ornithopter. Sure, that design is not half bad. Would have preferred something sleeker.
I'm really hyped about this movie and the designs for the still suits and crysknifes. Hope to see some teaser trailer soon!

Just saw it, principal photography has warpped. That went pretty fast considering they only started in what February, March?
According to an article I read they've been shooting for 4 months. For an epic like this it doesn't sound so long, but what do I know.

It couldn't be worse than the un-birdiest-ever design from the Lynch film!
No, you're right =D
I've always liked this guy's concept art for Dune.

That’s a pretty good one, I like it. My favourite is from the game Dune 2000. The current one is a but Chris Nolan and functional, I always imagined the world of Dune more artful than functional/practical. Still, I’m happy to be surprised and to have a new take on it. If anyone, Denis Villeneuve can pull it off.

According to an article I read they've been shooting for 4 months. For an epic like this it doesn't sound so long, but what do I know.

No, you're right =D
I've always liked this guy's concept art for Dune.

That sounds about right for principal photography, but there will still be a lot of work left what with shooting scenes in the studio, re-shoots and special effects. It will probably take at least another year or two before it is finished.

That sounds about right for principal photography, but there will still be a lot of work left what with shooting scenes in the studio, re-shoots and special effects. It will probably take at least another year or two before it is finished.
I thought studio shots are part of principal photography...of course post-prod, editing, scoring etc will take tons of time too.

I haven't felt that excited about a move since god knows when...:)

I thought studio shots are part of principal photography...of course post-prod, editing, scoring etc will take tons of time too.

I haven't felt that excited about a move since god knows when...:)

You are probably correct about that. For some reason, and I have no idea how I came up with it, I always thought principal photography meant location photography and I know that is not the case as there are many movies that are completely filmed at a studio.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back