Rebel Transport scratchbuild.

ralphee

Sr Member
A "Quantum Storm" that is!

Started out on her last week, me and a good friend have been going blind trying to ID her, but its a very tricky task with the ref out there, though, weve managed to make some nice finds along the way, and this is intended as a "fun" project rather than an anal brain bleeder lol.

Primary hull here is now cut, and notches added (still some clean up needed so dont look too close lol), and the access pits are now ready to be boxed in, also made a start on the central fin and rough part placement on the lower belly plate....its a testy build, but im having a blast though is is taking up the whole attic build space lol.

The hull is supported by an MDF armature in the centre, this was a very tricky thing to get right, but it does a great job of holding everything where i want it, and has the side, and lower mounts...though the lower mount i feel ill only use while building and painting her.

Yup, another whacky TESB prop, dont you just love 'em? Way early days yet, but, thought id share the progress!

bests.....lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: A storm is coming!

Chris...as it goes, this one came outta somebody else's hat lol, and its all his fault lol....but, i have to say, ive a soft spot for the prop, its TESB.....it cant get any better, im in my element :lol

I was wondering when someone was going to tackle this one. Love the design of this ship.

Looks great so far. I've always wanted one of these. Can you please kit it?! :lol

It has to be one of the most intimidating models to replicate. Like you said - there is only so much reference on it. And all the cargo boxes on the underside. I wouldn't know where to start...

It sadly would be sadly, nigh on impossible to kit this prop, the hull itself would be just a no go on casting, and engineering it, wow, not something id want to do in this lifetime :lol
Huge problem would be the hulls panel overhang, there way thin,, and the fact the hull is "double sided" in the way, it has a rib pattern on the inside too.
Intimidating, maybe...but so much fun figuring it all out!

lee

You are just plain evil! Drawing us into your ESB madness! :lol

(But I'll gladly go along for the ride!)

Looking forward to following this thread!

Fantastic job!

-David

Looks great Lee, I've always liked this ship and there's just not enough info on it. It's a great design that had too short a time on screen.

Looking forward to seeing more...and more..

cheers

Phil

The light of day is a great place mate. You both deserve an OBE for tackling this beauty, & (cough,cough) listen to Rich, he's getting quite good at this casting lark?????? Just out of interest is there anything like Wonderfest in the UK, it would be ace to turn up one day & bring all our wares down for a public viewing & a shin dig???

She will be a killer mate, to quote your good self, & hopefully now its on display some secret ref will turn up that you never new existed?? Fingers crossed, oh I think its worth mentioning that its another TESB build. AGAIN. I feel a T shirt coming on???/ Hold this space?

Wow, I can't wait to see more of this build. I would love to build this ship one day myself but it looks to be a real tough one given the lack of decent reference.

Fantastic start! Your work is always mindblowing. One of my favorite designs in the movie.

Philip

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back