Rebel Transport scratchbuild.

It was also featured on Hyperspace a couple of years back, there's a good monochrome side view. It is one of the "roughie" filler ships.

Thanks Kaoru, Ive never noticed it before in the SaG book ! You're right about the MPC S1 parts ! They look to be used all over the ship.
Thanks Martyn, I will try to find it ! It looks very interesting to build.

I will take a look Jay !

Wow like i stated on other threads... Breathtaking....!!!!
It will always blow my mind how u guys do this...
Simple awesome!!!!!
*salutes

Plodding along lol, bit here, bit there, but i have made a small amount of ground on the upper hull now, i think for me, this is one model i kinda just nibble at.
Started to pack out the belly now, and, get the nose plate fitted in basic trim......ill finish it one day i swear :lol

lee
RTscratchbuild009-1.jpg

RTscratchbuild008-1.jpg

RTscratchbuild007-3.jpg

RTscratchbuild006-5.jpg

RTscratchbuild004-10.jpg

RTscratchbuild005-3.jpg

RTscratchbuild001-10.jpg

RTscratchbuild003-12.jpg

In no way cannon just some artistic licence from here on, so thanks for the support and for taking a look!

bests......lee

There have been some fantastic projects on this forum in 2009...the best year for ss modelling so far IMHO...and this is up there with the very best of them. I just love this model. Great work Lee.

wow...i mean double wow...I can see that coming away from the planet and a model of the Ion cannon blasting away to let it through.

incredible work. Now you can make me one..;)

:love The underbelly is soooooo sexy bro !!! It will be a shame to hide all this work with cargo boxes ! I like the choices you did to detail it.
You did an incredible jobn on the plating, now you have to scribbe that and add all those little chips !

Cant wait to see you paint this baby !

Julien, theres still a LOT of plating to go on the upper hull lol, all the notched stuff, making them slowly but its sooo boring lol.
One this is done, i can get the more scribing and tiny chips, promise, will show off some painted cargo boxes tomorrow!
Thanks though bro, means a lot you like her, seeing as this is NOT a PATCH on building the SS ISD Avenger...your just nuts my friend :lol

lee

Jason, Allan, thanks guys :thumbsup A lot more to get crammed under that belly Allan, fiddling with a few crazy cuts now lol, just need more "bulk" before i get really intricate with smaller parts, piping, and finally, cargo boxes!

lee

tis a shame to cover with cargo boxes....but i'm sure they will really "fill her out"....she looks a bit like a skinny catwalk model til you get her full of cargo. however, the tidbits, widdle-bits, nippy ticks, and such are mighty sexy **shivers**. great work lee.

That is just plain beautiful!!! I agree, the underbelly looks so sweet without the cargo boxes, I suggest you hide some thin iron rods in there and add strong magnets to the boxes so you are always able to remove them.

Fantastic work!

that IS sweet idea (removable boxes). but in the end, i think its usually just too much food on your plate (looks great, but end up not using it). was think'g similar with a removable hatch idea for moe's interior on his AT-ST, or for sim bits on my own AT-ST.

how often would one remove those boxes to show the guts....and for what effort. ends up being a gain/pain ratio. in this case, i would think the ratio is less than one.

however, lee has undeniable skills and could make that task look easy. i'm just speaking for myself.

how are the cargo boxes coming along lee? do you have a master...are they all cast, etc?

Thomas, not a bad idea, but i could also go for some small Neo disc magnets.
Maybe attach them to the belly kit parts, and they would look very nondescript this way.
Adding the opposing magnet to the boxes and voila, there fully removable, an adjustable too, would be easier than correcting any major gluing mishaps with them, as these will be a challenge to get mounted in all the right positions.
Sounds like a plan my man :) I may just have to test this out!

bests....lee

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back