Limited Run Resin Cast Thermoptic Pistol - Ghost In The Shell - 2nd Run Interest List

I sent a PM on August 1, to write that I would like to be put on the 2nd Run Interest List. Just repeating that here, since the list hasn't updated.

One way to make the bullets parallel-ish, could be to make the rear of each bullet perpendicular to the ground. An insert that looks like polished clear upside down stairs may work. Turn the magazine over, and insert a single bullet with each stair step. Polishing the stairs helps the thing disappear inside the frosted magazine.

Added and a good idea on the bullets. (y)

Update:

Well I’d really hoped to have these out for Christmas but unfortunately the postal system is letting us down. The remaining parts have been in transit for nearly a month and counting. Obviously the Christmas rush is coming into play as the first lot arrived in just 2 weeks. Had these done the same we would have had these finished and out by Christmas as hoped. I’ve gone as far as I can on the parts I have here...

wrVwFnk.jpg

The only upside to the delay is the extra time I’ve had to work on the parts I have. Each one has had multiple passes of undercoat and sanding, ensuring a fine finish while maintaining the integrity of the details...

GO1ZtNP.jpg

I’m not calling these parts perfect but I’m very happy with the results...

JPfZwCR.jpg

lep5PJK.jpg

Zk9BV4z.jpg

I will of course keep everyone posted when the remaining parts arrive. Thanks again for your patience. (y)

Last edited:
Good news... the remaining parts arrived!

h67TBQZ.jpg

Body castings look great. Couldn’t help myself, had to throw one together (unfinished of course)...

XUizzLg.jpg

Note - the slide release were molded off an actual Glock slide release.

We are away with family for New Years so will be diving into these next week. Stoked to finally have these in hand so I can get them finished. (y)

Happy new year everyone! See you in 2020.

Last edited:
Update:
Last week was busy but rather productive. Lots of fiddly bits done like prep and paint 80 of these...

rl7lvz8.jpg

So now all small parts are prepped and painted (grip details, slide release, triggers, trigger rods, etc)...

iEblekX.jpg

x1iWNNp.jpg

5WSEFJm.jpg

Most main parts are painted and detailed, ready for assembly...

vlYaH8S.jpg

kdZ0cjp.jpg

Note: the base plates on the mags are yet to be painted white. That will be done after final assembly to ensure fitment is correct.

Last part being prepped is the gun body. Half of them are prepped the rest should be done tomorrow. Then they will all be painted and final assembly will begin. Note: after testing the rather powerful magnet in the mags, I’ve concluded that the best option to go opposite (in the gun body) is a metal ring. Anything more and the mag won’t release.

bBQOQZV.jpg

My plan is to have these finished by the end of the week (before we head away for a week visiting family). It’s possible I could ship these out Friday for those who have paid the remainder and want theirs sooner rather than later. I will update again tomorrow.

Last edited:
My plan is to have these finished by the end of the week (before we head away for a week visiting family). It’s possible I could ship these out Friday for those who have paid the remainder and want theirs sooner rather than later.

Bring it on.

Update:
I’ve got 3 finished...

DsT0FXW.jpg

wm4UqTm.jpg

2jgV7JD.jpg

fBcLQFi.jpg

WlgwXTt.jpg

UievlTM.jpg

lYMrrb9.jpg

4Ov2Upa.jpg

Each one has a metal plate in the front interior section (as per the screen used) and a trigger spring...

rKZXRYb.jpg

Lmo5ela.jpg

The mags for these 3 have been adjusted for proper fitment and the baseplates are being painted. I should have another 2 pistols complete tomorrow so that will be 5 or 6 that could ship this weekend. The rest will be finished after our week away.

Huge thanks to everyone for your amazing patience with this run. :)(y)

Here's how they look with dummy rounds in the mag...

MYFyOY9.jpg

0H2Idny.jpg

G4ERRls.jpg

On that note - DO NOT insert the empty mag into the grip. Without any weight in the mag the magnet will hold the mag in and it will be difficult to get it back out. The mags are designed to release with weight in them (dummy rounds). When inserted with dummy rounds the magnet will lock the mag in place, then to release the mag you give the gun a firm flick down, the magnet should disconnect and the mag slide out, so be ready to catch it with your other hand! Again, do not insert the empty mag, unless you want to display it without rounds.

Fantastic! Two questions -

1. I'm new to this so please pardon my ignorance - is each recipient notified when their prop has shipped and is he/she provided with shipping tracking info and/or number?

2. Does anyone have suggestions on dummy rounds (I am assuming 9x19mm NATO /9mm Para/ 9mm Luger)? Would real rounds be OK (provided I am not going out in public)? I saw this suggestion for one brand of dummy rounds in this post, has anyone had experience/reviews with other brands? 9mm dummy ammunition Thank-you!

Fantastic! Two questions -

1. I'm new to this so please pardon my ignorance - is each recipient notified when their prop has shipped and is he/she provided with shipping tracking info and/or number?

2. Does anyone have suggestions on dummy rounds (I am assuming 9x19mm NATO /9mm Para/ 9mm Luger)? Would real rounds be OK (provided I am not going out in public)? I saw this suggestion for one brand of dummy rounds in this post, has anyone had experience/reviews with other brands? 9mm dummy ammunition Thank-you!

Hey. Sorry for the delay, been traveling and dealing with a snow storm. Lol. Yours has shipped and I will PM the tracking number. (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back