revision of Indiana Jones Lost Journal

Outstanding work, katmax!
The book is chronological - starting when he was young in 1908 when his father gives him the diary and ending in 1939 after Fate of Atlantis. You can chose any combination of stories you want in the diary and any combination of inserts. I'm happy to help you if you want to have a go at this but if you are doing it by hand it is a lot of work and you need to be updating it on a regular basis if you want to finish it and plan ahead for how many pages you can allocate to each story.

Just out of curiosity katmax , why have you made 3 of these journals?
Were the first 2 some proof of concepts?
One journal is mine. The other two were made for other Indy fans. It seemed easier at the time to simply make all three together (but I'm not sure if that is true in retrospect). I do have a template to work with now, but making and sourcing all the inserts and doing all the watercolour paintings (which take a lot of time) is not something I can do in bulk.

One journal is mine. The other two were made for other Indy fans. It seemed easier at the time to simply make all three together (but I'm not sure if that is true in retrospect). I do have a template to work with now, but making and sourcing all the inserts and doing all the watercolour paintings (which take a lot of time) is not something I can do in bulk.

Money. You take. Lots. Give us Indy Journals. We happy. You rich.

We don't need handwritten. You just have to make one more, scan that bad boy in, and start rolling in money. (y) :love: :lol: :eek:

Heck sell a PDF of the Diary and Inserts, and we can print it out.o_O

Let's see.

Write one more.

Scan it and inserts in.

Hit print button

Cut and bound into journal

$500 each.

Happy

well that's the problem you see.... I don't have the resources or skill to bind anything among other things.

Okay that makes sense. What we can do is kind of a partnership. Sent me a complete Indy Journal and then,....................that's it. We're done.

:love: :lol: :lol: (y) (y)

Hey yall, this might be of interest for the Lost journal revision.

These are plot summaries from Unmade Young Indy episodes.

Make use for them if you want. Wouldn't know how to word it in Indy's thoughts though.

Stockholm, December 1909

In the episode, Indiana Jones would fall asleep and have a dream intended to serve as a reference to Lagerlöf's most famous work, Nils Holgerssons underbara resa genom Sverige ("The Wonderful Adventures of Nils"), a children's book about a boy that has been shrunk to five inches tall by a gnome's magic as a punishment for his mischief. Nils then travels over most of Sweden, sitting on the back of a flying goose.

Jerusalem, June 1909

In this episode, Indy would visit Jerusalem. While his father Henry goes off an a separate trip to visit Crusader castles, Indy would have his first encounter with future mentor Abner Ravenwood, who invites Indy to spend time with him. Montague Parker, a grave robber, offers to let Indy work at his dig if he "borrows" a map that Ravenwood has which indicates that the Ark of the Covenant is below the Temple Mount. Parker's group, disguised as Arabs, enter into the temple and excavate, but are ultimately discovered. The temple keeper brings a large local mob who chase Parker's gang out of Jerusalem. In the end, Ravenwood would explain to Indy that the Ark isn't believed to be under the Temple Mount, but elsewhere, and someday a real archaeologist would find it, foreshadowing the events of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Geneva, May 1909

In this episode, Indiana Jones would encounter Jean-Henri Dunant, the elderly uncle of a friend, who tells him the story of the Red Cross. While on a mission to visit Louis-Napoleon in Italy for a business deal, Indy views Louis-Napoleon and the Austrians in battle. He sees the carnage and goes across the battle to meet him. Looking to help, Indy searches for the hospital tent, which has been destroyed along with many of its medical staff. Dunant conceives of a neutral organization that would take care of people after a battle, becoming a recognizable symbol for medical personnel and hospitals. Switzerland ultimately agrees to sponsor a conference composed of European leaders, and the Red Cross is formed.

Tokyo, April 1910

In this episode, a ten year old Indiana Jones would visit Peers School in Tokyo, Japan, where his father Henry would be teaching. He would meet a Samurai instructor, who teaches him the ways of Japan, discussing the importance of information and education in Japanese society. On a trip to the coast, Indy encounters a local fisherman and discusses the ocean with him. Indy would meet General Nogi Maresuke and the future Emperor Hirohito, the latter of whom would have go whale-watching with Indy that leads to a shark attack. The boys would have been ultimately rescued by the samurai.

Princeton, May 1905

In this episode, a five-year old Indiana Jones and his friends, including Paul Robeson, would have a charming, funny adventure that begins with Indy organizing an event to raise money for a vase he had broken and culminates in a search for the legendary Captain William Kidd's buried treasure and the capture of hobos who are wanted by local police.

Le Havre, June 1916

In this episode, Indiana Jones and Remy Baudouin would have been in basic training for the Belgian Army at Le Havre, France. Their sergeant, a nefarious and tough man who likes to give the soldiers a difficult time targets Indiana Jones in particular for abuse, angering Baudouin. At the end of training, the men are drinking and celebrating at a bar when their sergeant is found dead. Remy is blamed for his murder and Indy defends him at his court martial.

Moscow, July 1918

A follow-up to the events of the episode "Petrograd, July 1917", Indy would have been working in French Intelligence in Moscow, Russia on the eve of the Allied invasion at Archangel (Arkhangelsk). Assigned to assist Sidney Reilly, who is working with counter-revolutionaries to try to destabilize the Bolsheviks from within, Indy is reunited with Rosa, whom he met in Petrograd two years earlier and is now working with Reilly. Indy and Reilly would have had dangerous encounters with the Cheka in an attempt to rescue an arrested general. However, Reilly has a secret plan unknown to the French, British and Americans to take over Moscow, but all the conspirators must flee for their lives when Vladimir Lenin is shot. Rosa ultimately helps Indy to escape.

Bombay, April 1919

In Bombay, Indy stays with Rabindranath Tagore, a family friend, while Remy Baudouin continues his search for the Monk Diamond. Tagore has Indy to translate one of Ghandi's books. Indy hears him speak, and meets him somewhere close to Bombay. Indy sees several riots from the country's repression, and finds out about the British massacre at Amritsar. Indy decides he wants to return to the US and attend college, while Remy decides to keep looking for the treasure.

Note: also from what I've heard Remy supposedly dies in the desert looking for the Eye of the Peacock.

Buenos Aires, June 1919

In the episode, while trying to board a ship to New York in France, Indiana Jones gets beaten up and robbed, and finds himself bound for Argentina instead. There he would meet Carlos Gardel, a young tango dancer who he tutors to afford passage back to the USA. Gardel is tutored in subjects including English, arts and history, and in exchange, the boy teaches Indy the tango. However, Gardel is in love with a young woman whose father thinks he will never amount to anything, so Jones helps him to solve his problem and in turn, Gardel helps Indy pursue an Argentinian woman to whom he is attracted. Singer José Razzano was also intended to be featured in the episode.

Havana, December 1919

In this episode, Indiana Jones, a freshman at the University of Chicago, gets a request from his father to spend Christmas with friends in Havana, Cuba. There, Indy would befriend Cristobal Torriente. The story also involved an exhibition baseball game where a white American team, Babe Ruth among them, comes to play against an integrated Cuban team. Indy learns about racism in the US National Leagues. During the game, Torriente gets the opportunity to play against Ruth and outplays him. However, he knows that ultimately his dream of playing in the Major Leagues will not be realized.

Honduras, December 1920

While on a field trip with Herbert Spinden, after they arrive at a Honduran port and meet some Banana Republic types before they begin, Indy would for the first time (chronologically) encounter René Emile Belloq, his future rival, who initially has a friendly relationship with him. The story was to depict their discovery of a crystal skull in the ruins of a Mayan city where Jones and Belloq would have tried to decipher Mayan hieroglyphs at the ball court, as well as discussing possible sacrifices and rituals. However, Belloq steals the skull and sells it to the adventurer Mitchell-Hedges.

Alaska, June 1921

In the episode, Indiana Jones would have been involved in an expedition with an American anthropologist, his professor, to study Eskimos in a region east of Nome near the Arctic Circle. There, Jones and his professor would have meet Nellie Cashman and Doctor Joseph Romig. Indy would meet and get to know the villagers, and would have learned about sledding and the care of the dog team, going on a hunt with them, and learning about their customs. The villagers would have been stricken by a contagious disease with the serum having to be rushed to them by dog sled so that they could be inoculated.

Brazil, December 1921

In this episode, Indiana Jones would have another encounter with his arch-nemesis René Emile Belloq after having confronted him in Honduras the year prior. The two boys would have got involved in Colonel Charles Fawcett's quest to find the legendary 'Lost City of Z'. The trek would have started in Bahia, and they would have come across a group of American confederates living on a plantation there, witnessed rituals of the Candbomble religion, and encounter fierce indigenous natives in the interior. Belloq and Indy get captured but escape, and go their separate ways.

Berlin, Late August 1916

In 1916, Jones accidentally attaches himself to a group of British POWs, mistaking the group for a German road-mending gang. Discovered by the officers during a roll call, Jones convinces them that he is actually a double-agent and taken to Berlin. However, during his attempt to get out of enemy territory, Jones is betrayed by the individual he turns to for papers and is beaten unconscious. He manages to make his way to a soup kitchen where a pair of Americans, one of whom is journalist Sigrid Schultz, tend to his injuries.

The two young women suggest that Jones contact the American Embassy which could get him to Rotterdam. Seeing a chance to return home, Jones is faced with the realization that doing so would mean abandoning his fellow soldiers on the front lines so re-dedicates himself to the war effort.
Where do you have this information from?
How can we be sure these episodes were actually planned but not made?
Could you please share the source?

Would have loved to see the 1920 Hondruas one! Belloq, Crystal Skull, Mitchell-Hedges. That would have been great. And the 1909 Jerusalem could have been really interesting with a younger Abner and the Raiders references. Would definitely like to read where you got this information from!

some inserts and images I've collected when doing my diary

Attachments

• OryxBeisaCallotisHead2.jpg
    OryxBeisaCallotisHead2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 19
  • scandals4.jpg
    scandals4.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 23
  • FeisalPartyAtVersaillesCopy.jpg
    FeisalPartyAtVersaillesCopy.jpg
    934.2 KB · Views: 23
  • PE2.jpg
    PE2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 19
  • PE1.jpg
    PE1.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Molly Walder2.png
    Molly Walder2.png
    505.5 KB · Views: 19
  • WW1-1918.jpg
    WW1-1918.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 18
  • Milrevkom_proclamation.jpg
    Milrevkom_proclamation.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • -ballets russes-23290.jpg
    -ballets russes-23290.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 1916 proclomation of irish republic.jpg
    1916 proclomation of irish republic.jpg
    11.4 MB · Views: 16
  • MMJones3.jpg
    MMJones3.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 15
  • MMJones2.jpg
    MMJones2.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 15
  • christyMathewson.jpg
    christyMathewson.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Author Leo Tolstoy in a Peasant's Garb. 1900.jpg
    Author Leo Tolstoy in a Peasant's Garb. 1900.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
  • omphalos-delphi.jpg
    omphalos-delphi.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 23
and a few more

Attachments

• 1935ceylonmapbig.jpg
    1935ceylonmapbig.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 32
  • KouruWatuIdol.jpg
    KouruWatuIdol.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Egypt Map.png
    Egypt Map.png
    12.7 MB · Views: 23
  • banknotesallah.jpg
    banknotesallah.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 24
  • castlecrusade.jpg
    castlecrusade.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • zepplintickets1.jpg
    zepplintickets1.jpg
    798 KB · Views: 32
  • helenseymour.jpg
    helenseymour.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 24
  • helenseymour1.jpg
    helenseymour1.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 25
  • indyfamily.jpg
    indyfamily.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 21
  • venice map 1800.jpg
    venice map 1800.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
I have (almost) them all already BUT huge thanks for keeping Indy "up to date" through the new generations ;-)

I transcribed all the letters in the show for my diary. Most of them - but not all - as inserts. That screenshot about Austria is one of mine I think. I put some of the letters text in here if you want.

Young Indy letters from TV series:

March 1916
Cousin Frank to Indy
(this is written in large hand writing)

Dear Indy
How are you?
Can not wait for you to get down here.
I have made a significant discovery!!
You will go crazy when you see it.

see you soon.
Frank

March 1916
TE Lawrence to Indy
Dear Henry
At last I am leaving cairo. They're sending me to the desert to make contact with the Bedouin. I must take some part in this war. I believe something honourable can be achieved here but all I am certain of is this war must be fought, above all it must be won.
The alternative is unthinkable. Oh Lord, how serious I am.
Your friend
T.E. Lawrence.

March 1916
Indy to TE Lawrence

address:
Capt. T. E. Lawrence
Cairo Intelligence Dept.
Savoy Hotel
Cairo, Egypt

Dear Ned
Thanks for your letter. It's great to hear you've been posted to Cairo. It reminds me of when we were in Egypt together, exploring the tomb of Kah. The most exciting time I ever had. Anyway I bet you are having a great time in the army even if as you say all you do is draw maps. Knowing you, you will soon find where the fighting is and you will be right in the middle of things.

I envy you and hope you will see a lot of action. It's terrible being stuck finishing high school especially when so much is happening in Europe.

Your friend

Indy

Attachments

• 1916-telawrencecairo3-Clean.jpg
    1916-telawrencecairo3-Clean.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1917mexico1.jpg
    1917mexico1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
September 1916 - Verdun

Indy to TE Lawrence

Dear Ned
Interested to hear you struggles agaist the the Turks and Germans in the middle east. *
I'm in a place called Verdun. This trench warfare is hell, the men run straight into machine gun
fire, or wait for the next artillery barage to drop on them. They are like animals being led to
slaughter and I can't understand why.

your friend

Indy

* In this period "the middle east" was actually referred to as "the Palestine". Middle east didn't get used till after the break up of the region after WWI

December 1916 - Narrative in Congo episode.
Listed as January 1917 this episode actually starts early December 1916 and ends in January 1917. I did this as a rough draft for a letter written in my diary.

Indy to TE Lawrence
Dear Ned
I have embarked on a great adventure. My fellows and I are to cross the interior to retrieve a consignment of weapons much needed by our war effort but it is a daunting trek of 2000 miles but in Africa a single machine gun can be a deciding factor in a battle. The difference between victory and defeat. In your writings to me you have said that the sun in Arabia is the harshest in the world. I hate to dispute your claim old friend, but I think our African sun could teach yours a thing or two. it's god's great furnace.

I believe our cause in Africa is similar to the situation you describe in Arabia. I have heard my men speak of their desire for nationhood. Under German rule I doubt that Africa would ever achieve self determination, but after the bloodshed here with our guidance perhaps things will be different. My sergeant Barthelemy personifies all that is good about this country. He is strong of character, loyal of heart, fierce of spirit. It is for him that we fight, that his children may some day inherit this land. We have less to fear from bullets than from the diseases and parasites which god has inflicted on this land. Death lurks everywhere. The air we breath, the water we drink, the food we eat. It crawls in the very dirt beneath our feet! I can't imagine that the Germans are much better off. I'm beginning to wonder if both sides aren't fighting the wrong enemy.

Tonight I received a stunning lesson in political science from the most unlikely of sources. If my sergeant is right, if this is nothing more than a white man's war for possession of blank man's soil then I have to ask myself just what it is I am doing here.

Christmas Eve
It has been raining steadily for a week with no let up, most of the bearers are either dead or deserted. It is clear to me that most of our men won't live to see the new year, including I fear our doctor, captain Lafleur. The closest thing to Christmas joy in the midst of all this is our little friend's laughter as we attempt to alleviate the season. As we cross this country we leave a trail of corpses in our wake like Hansel and Gretal leaving a trail of breadcrumbs. I'm beginning to loose hope of ever reaching Cape Lopez.

We're loosing more men and officers. Now it's Arnaud. When does my turn come?
I can't help but dwell on the terrible cost of this journey so far. I hope the French at Port-Gentil can provide Major Bouchet the men necessary for the return trip.
God help us.

Attachments

• young indy and his diary.jpg
    young indy and his diary.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 3
  • YIJ compass.jpg
    YIJ compass.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 3
  • British and German front line trenches from the air, WWI, 1916.jpg
    British and German front line trenches from the air, WWI, 1916.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 4
  • another-look-at-battle-of-verdun-photo-u1.jpg
    another-look-at-battle-of-verdun-photo-u1.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 4
1917 - Paris
Indy to Ned

Dear Ned
I finally arrived back in France from the African front. After my experience there I've decided that whatever I can do to stop this war is all that matters now.

To this end my friend Remy and I have joined the Belgian intelligence corps. They are training us in the techniques of military espionage; wire-tapping, code breaking and photographic analysis. The classroom work is dull but after the carnage of the trenches in Africa it is a welcome relief. However, we found that that Belgium intelligence is badly organized when compared to the intelligence services of the British or the French. The whole program is considered a joke and nobody takes it seriously. Sometimes it seems like I'm back in high school and time is wasted here.

The slaughter continues on the western front with no end in sight. I now feel that I must take desperate measures to get into the action. I've got to find a way to transfer to the French.

take care

Indy

Attachments

• Escadrille Lafayette plane.jpg
    Escadrille Lafayette plane.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 9989804.jpg
    9989804.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Militaria - aviation - Somme 1916.jpg
    Militaria - aviation - Somme 1916.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 10
  • The Lafayette Escadrille pilots (Americans) in France, WW1.jpg
    The Lafayette Escadrille pilots (Americans) in France, WW1.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 11
  • WWI-McCudden-RAeC-Log-BookLG.jpg
    WWI-McCudden-RAeC-Log-BookLG.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 10
  • youngindy0209.jpg
    youngindy0209.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 11
Miss Seymour to Indy

Oxford,
October 23rd, 1918

Dearest Henry,
News of peace is on everyone's lips. I hope to leave to see it. Now that you have helped heal the world's wounds, Henry you must attend to your own. Your father is anxious for news of you. Please make your peace with him then turn your clever, inquisitive mind to your dreams. Make something of yourself. I know you will.
will all my highest regards,

Helen Seymour

Attachments

• helenseymour.jpg
    helenseymour.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 10
  • PE2.jpg
    PE2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 9
  • PE1a.jpg
    PE1a.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 8
  • PE1.jpg
    PE1.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 8
  • indypic.jpg
    indypic.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 11

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back