Even the sidewalks shine.

Attachments

• scandals2.jpg
    scandals2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 4
1920 - California
Indy to Claire

Dear Claire
I've been thinking about our relationship. Nobody can stop me loving you Claire, but I'm not just the right man for you. You need someone steady, reliable and smart, like old Tony.

love

Indy

Attachments

• foolishWives-MonteCarlo1.jpg
    foolishWives-MonteCarlo1.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 7
  • foolishWives-MonteCarlo2.jpg
    foolishWives-MonteCarlo2.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 6
  • moviecamera3.jpg
    moviecamera3.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 7
Paris - September 1916
(Mata Hari episode - letter over 2 pages)

Henry Jones Sr to Prof Jacques Levi

Address:
Prof. Jaques Levi
12 Rue de Seine
Paris

Dear Jacques
I would like to ask a favor on behalf of my son, Henry Jones jr. When he has his next leave he will surely go to Paris. A a cultural center it is too good to miss.

War is a fools game. If he hasn't figured this out, have faith that he soon will. Any help you may give him in extracting himself from his obligations will be greatly appreciated by me. You may inform him that I greatly encourage him to renew his educational pursuits at the university of his choice. He need no longer concern himself about my view in this matter.

Thank you my dear friend for your kindness in helping with this most difficult personal conflict.

With great appreciation

Henry Jones

Emperor Karl of Austria to the allies.
This letter is on white paper with a crest on the top of the paper.

To the British, Belgian and French governments

I, his Imperial Majesty, Emperor Karl of Austria-Hungary sue for peace for which I am prepared to grant the following concessions:
1. Austria to recognize French sovereignty of Alsace-Lorraine
2. Belgian sovereignty to be recognized
3. Serbian sovereignty to be recognized.

Attachments

• Diarypage1-1909 East Africa episode.JPEG
    Diarypage1-1909 East Africa episode.JPEG
    429.6 KB · Views: 34
  • diarypage2-1909 East Africa episode.JPEG
    diarypage2-1909 East Africa episode.JPEG
    322 KB · Views: 32
  • 1920 pic.jpg
    1920 pic.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 31
  • younglove1.jpg
    younglove1.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 25
  • Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal2.jpg
    Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Austria, 1917.jpg
    Austria, 1917.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Mata-Hari_1910.jpg
    Mata-Hari_1910.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 28
  • mataletter1.jpg
    mataletter1.jpg
    938.3 KB · Views: 25
  • mataletter2.jpg
    mataletter2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
And a few extra bits from Egypt

Attachments

• youngIndyEgypt.jpg
    youngIndyEgypt.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 15
  • trioinegypt.jpg
    trioinegypt.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 24
  • kingpage.jpg
    kingpage.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 28
  • feluccas.jpg
    feluccas.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 30
  • bust of Kha discovered by young Indie2.jpg
    bust of Kha discovered by young Indie2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 22
  • bust of Kha discovered by young Indie1.jpg
    bust of Kha discovered by young Indie1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1908 - Ned-.jpg
    1908 - Ned-.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 18
What the Emperor says are the demands from the Allies that Indy delivered to him. The top part of the letter is read out aloud on the train the end of the episode and a you see a brief section in the same episode where you see the Emperor writing the letter.

A lot of progress with new pages being made here. Someone on facebook is also tracking down new pages now. Hopefully at some point we'll get to see a full diary.

Here's an interesting map which might prove useful for diaries showing colonial Africa and the old names used.

Attachments

• Colonialism in Africa (15th-mid 20th Century CE).jpg
    Colonialism in Africa (15th-mid 20th Century CE).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 14
For those using a font for their diaries (which I am also doing) I found FG Rochelle regular to be convincingly close to the handwriting used in the screen used diary.

For indydiary51, I have all the text deciphered for that page, coming partially from a source I found, from Indy Magnoli’s photos of his work, and from matching and puzzling low resolution letters until it seemed to fit. I will post the text I have this week when I am next at my computer. I similarly have the giraffes text filled (though some was guess work) but I’ve been really impressed with the new pages found in the DVD set and from the screenshots! I’m excited to add them to my own diary though I’m going to have to figure out what to cut out since I’m trying to fit everything (all the way to Dial of Destiny) in one 300 page Magnoli Journal. I’ve got almost 280 pages filled in my master file so and I’ve yet to do DOD or the upcoming Indy Video Game! A fun problem to have though.

For those using a font for their diaries (which I am also doing) I found FG Rochelle regular to be convincingly close to the handwriting used in the screen used diary.

I’m going to have to figure out what to cut out since I’m trying to fit everything (all the way to Dial of Destiny) in one 300 page Magnoli Journal. I’ve got almost 280 pages filled in my master file so and I’ve yet to do DOD or the upcoming Indy Video Game! A fun problem to have though.
This is a problem. I used a Magnoli diary and wrote up a time line of Indy stories. My diary was written to end at Fate of Atlantis. Simply put there's too much Indy content available. TV, Movies, Comics, Novels, Games, Rides etc. I had to chop a lot to be even able to finish the book where I did.

I ended up dropping the Marvel Comics. I included the novels which filled in the gap at the end of the TV series until temple of Doom. Added in one of the small Dark Horse comics and 'forbidden eye' into the mix. But you also have the extra episodes outlined that were never filmed as well. To fit in the Magnoli diary you need to keep your stories concise and fit to 1-3 pages maximum. However the stories got big when it got to the movies as I had the 'lost diary' to work with and try and integrate. There are lot of different ways to do these books and you can choose any focus you want but you'll never get it all in there...

This is a problem. I used a Magnoli diary and wrote up a time line of Indy stories. My diary was written to end at Fate of Atlantis. Simply put there's too much Indy content available. TV, Movies, Comics, Novels, Games, Rides etc. I had to chop a lot to be even able to finish the book where I did.

I ended up dropping the Marvel Comics. I included the novels which filled in the gap at the end of the TV series until temple of Doom. Added in one of the small Dark Horse comics and 'forbidden eye' into the mix. But you also have the extra episodes outlined that were never filmed as well. To fit in the Magnoli diary you need to keep your stories concise and fit to 1-3 pages maximum. However the stories got big when it got to the movies as I had the 'lost diary' to work with and try and integrate. There are lot of different ways to do these books and you can choose any focus you want but you'll never get it all in there...
Yeah, I agree there are countless ways to do it. I’m including the TV, Movies, YA English novels, English novels, some but maybe not all of the German novels, the dark horse comics but not the marvel, the video games, and I think that’s it. I’m also not including the non-filmed TV episodes. It’s very tempting but at the end of the day it requires a lot more guesswork, and they weren’t actually made, so I had to draw the line somewhere. I’ve been using Magnoli’s work as a guide since it’s what first inspired me to do this, and have been including the Lost Journal. My approach has also been, for the most part, to put inserts over text, which helps a bit. And since im doing it all digitally I expect to have too many pages to fit, then pare it down.

Yeah, I agree there are countless ways to do it. My approach has also been, for the most part, to put inserts over text, which helps a bit. And since im doing it all digitally I expect to have too many pages to fit, then pare it down.
You have to be careful with the inserts they can bulk up the book very quickly. They are a fun part of doing this but the choice of what to use can be tricky. I ended up with a combination of pages I could find...some margoli, some lost diary, some comic, some props I lifted from the TV series like letters etc. And the tv series also has some diary entries in it like the one in Feburary 1919 at the peace conference where he writes Arnold Toynbee's quote at the top of a page: "Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it".

Also there are some errors and time line glitches in the lost diary to watch out for.

Attachments

• omphalos-vase-orestes.jpg
    omphalos-vase-orestes.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Treaty of Versailles 1919.jpg
    Treaty of Versailles 1919.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 13
  • FeisalPartyAtVersaillesCopy.jpg
    FeisalPartyAtVersaillesCopy.jpg
    934.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Lost River Delta- PhillipFreer -TokyoDisney.jpg
    Lost River Delta- PhillipFreer -TokyoDisney.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 13
  • WWI-McCudden-RAeC-Log-BookLG.jpg
    WWI-McCudden-RAeC-Log-BookLG.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 12
  • youngindy0209.jpg
    youngindy0209.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 14
Nice. Do you have digital versions of the pages, that you would share with us when you have the chance to?
I do have digital versions of all my pages, unfortunately I don't expect to be able to share them here. The main reason being that I got most of my material from other sources. I saw your giraffe page drawing/text looks like it's from the same youtube video that I used as the base material for many of my pages. That source has a lot of typos and also skips over sections of Indy's life, so I've been correcting, editing drawings and fonts, and creating new pages from whole-cloth where needed. I am only making this for myself and I don't want to betray the trust of others here by sharing something I don't have the right to share. I'm happy to share material that is from carefully reading or my own work though!

To that end, here's what I have for some of the pages I saw you mention here. Seems you actually have more than me with that addition on the giraffe spread so I'll have to add that! Also, sorry the text looks so deranged. Each word is scaled and placed (and condensed) to look as close to the original as possible using the font I mentioned earlier. It's incredibly laborious but I want it to look just right, but for sharing I converted them to Calibri so they're easer to read.

Attachments

• Hieroglyphics Pg 2 Calibri.png
    Hieroglyphics Pg 2 Calibri.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Sarcophogus Pg 2 Calibri.png
    Sarcophogus Pg 2 Calibri.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Giraffe Spread Pg 1 Calibri.png
    Giraffe Spread Pg 1 Calibri.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 27
Also
Found another diary page. It's the same one on the DVD boxset but this one is in color like the orignal page, the only difference is the handwriting isn't correct like the boxset one.
This page drawing looks like it is actually in the YIJ Interactive Timeline! You can get at the photos by putting the DVD in your computer and opening the folders in the explorer. I attached them here but I'm really surprised to see one in the real prop. I thought they were separately made for the DVD. Makes me wonder how many of the rest are in the original...

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 33
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 52
To that end, here's what I have for some of the pages I saw you mention here. Seems you actually have more than me with that addition on the giraffe spread so I'll have to add that! Also, sorry the text looks so deranged. Each word is scaled and placed (and condensed) to look as close to the original as possible using the font I mentioned earlier. It's incredibly laborious but I want it to look just right, but for sharing I converted them to Calibri so they're easer to read.
some really good new pages there. Thanks for sharing them.

Also

This page drawing looks like it is actually in the YIJ Interactive Timeline! You can get at the photos by putting the DVD in your computer and opening the folders in the explorer.
I tried doing that and couldn't get the disc to read. The format seems to be aging out. I did lift some entries from the DVD packaging for my book though.

Just made this. It's a recreated page of the drawing and what was written on the left side. The drawing was done by ai.
But if someone would like to redo the page with the accurate drawing and handwriting. That would be very helpful.
How were you able to see and decipher the text for the page on the left-hand side? It seems incredibly difficult with how blurry they are in this scene and how much text. I'm also curious because I want to include it in my journal but the language is much more refined than my existing entries by young Indy, so I'm afraid it would feel jarring.

Just made this. It's a recreated page of the drawing and what was written on the left side. The drawing was done by ai.
But if someone would like to redo the page with the accurate drawing and handwriting. That would be very helpful.

Not perfect, but better than the one generated by AI (Topaz Photo AI was used on my image to enhance it):
Young Indy Diary Page Writing.png Young Indy Diary Page Clean.png

Also

This page drawing looks like it is actually in the YIJ Interactive Timeline! You can get at the photos by putting the DVD in your computer and opening the folders in the explorer. I attached them here but I'm really surprised to see one in the real prop. I thought they were separately made for the DVD. Makes me wonder how many of the rest are in the original...
Thanks for sharing Airman! One question please : is that all the pages you can extract from DVDs? (I don't own them...)

Thanks for sharing Airman! One question please : is that all the pages you can extract from DVDs? (I don't own them...)
Of course! It is, with the exception of a background map (like a map of the world that a sub menu sits on, not a drawing or insert). This is all the “diary pages” from the interactive timeline. This review of the timeline shows how it works and the map I mentioned.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back