revision of Indiana Jones Lost Journal

well were still working on that, it might be spit into three, Child years, teenage yers and adult, or just 3 - not sure yet depends on how big it actually is when we finihed it

I saw you have a couple of the "Find Your Fate" books. I have Book 1: "Curse of Horror Island" if you don't already have that one. I'd gladly send it your way as long as you promise to mail it back.

Also, would there happen to be a note in the journal referring to "Into the Great Unknown" where he stumbles upon the long crashed Millennium Falcon? Maybe?

well thanks for the new interest and as it happens I was getting ready to make another update.

To answer your question about the falcon, all I can say is the force is with us, Maybe.... We are looking to incorperate a few "culture icons" into the journal but in keeping with Indys adventuresm, we want to kep it as "realistic" as possible, but have a little fun along the way, there is going to be an ongoing theme throughout the journals which will only become apprent if you actually read it and follow the clues within the journal and inserts, this is something we are still working on and hoping to put in once we have a completed journal in rough, then we can tweak it to fit the "indy Mythos".

I already have that one but thansk for the offer , it is much appreciated.

Well myself and DD28 are hoping to get together in the next week or so and discuss the journal and where we stand with its content and writing, once we have and got things moving once again we will keep you all apprasied, also keep an eye out for another project we're working on, can't say much but things are definatlt looking "grimm" if you get the hint.

Fantastic to hear that this project is still going! Keep up the hard work!!! When you speak of journals how many volumes are you looking at? Do you have alternate covers for the additional volumes, apart from the one we know and love??

possibly 3 or 4 at most yes we are looking at different covers but keeping the original "young indy cover " for the first one - with a few suprises too, but can't say anymore

just a quick update on this rather long ongoing project, we are still working on it and I've got another section complete so only another few hundred left - lol

well a few developments on this, we've not got much done the last month or two, but still getting it done slowly, this is turning into a labour of love now and I can't see it fininshed this year, we are making sure all our dates events and stories match up with the established "indy" timeline but as that varies a little too its slow going to get a happy medium, also making sure the entries fit with indys ethos and style. as you can imagine going from 1908ish to 1957/8 is a big task and covering all the novels, graphic novels, movies and events in the roleplay game, and anything else that is deemed "CANON" is a long and painstaking task, on the bright side there will be over 800 inserts, including maps, letters, notes, photos, and a few other unique items, all redesigned by us, this gives us freedom to modify them for our means and also allows for continuity when we eventulay get around to doing the other 4 diaries we have planed in the series, as you may already know we are making this epic in "three" sections, child years, teenage years and adult years, there may also be a suplementary volume for "senior" years to which will cover 1958+ to Indys death not sure yet, as still working on that, but we will let you all know.

well thats it for now.. keep checking back now and again and thanks for the support so far, we'll post an update and a image of a few sample pages soon.

many thanks from Me and Peter (DD28)

yea we'll have a few sample pages from the fist couple of adventures to preview in a week or so, it is deffinatley going to take a while to complete, but we will get there eventually,

here are some things I have made from this thread and some other places for my journal project. The Club Obi Wan matchbook went a step further by stapling and cutting "matches" into the cover. I thought it would be cool to "crossover" with other movies that happen in that era so I have included a flyer from the Air Circus in the Rocketeer, a Roy Hobbs baseball card and the pictures of Indy and Rick come from Indy Props I think. I would love to have some of these in better quality and size. What other movies would offer cool paper/journal props for an Indy journal?

Attachments

• WIN_20150712_073007 (2).JPG
    WIN_20150712_073007 (2).JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 135
  • WIN_20150712_073551.JPG
    WIN_20150712_073551.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 117
  • WIN_20150712_073338.JPG
    WIN_20150712_073338.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 128
Here are some more. Most of these would be too large to go on a journal page, but I thought they would be of enough importance to Indy that he would make an exception with some of these. The first is a photo of the Rosetta Stone (since Indy started in linguistics) along with two article on the discovery of Tut's tomb. The next is a school parking pass, a wanted poster in English (makes sense since the US wasn't at war with Germany in the first three Indy films), and some various old currency from that time (US, Greece and Egypt) and a $! silver note from 1899. The third is a low-res journal article, a Hamilton U. ID card (? I know of Marshall and Barnett. This says 1936 on it- same year as his parking pass for Marshall.) and I think a page Ox couldn't stop scribbling on.WIN_20150712_075807.JPGWIN_20150712_080020.JPGWIN_20150712_080113.JPG

I said earlier I was looking to cross props from other movies into my journal, and I found lots of great stuff from Captain America TFA. I found a business card size Stark logo, a newsprint photo of Agent Carter (oh, YESSsss!), and I used a template from the Cap bubble gum cards to make a "Rescue Buckey" card.11736899_946085605443404_112173801_n.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back