Robocop 3 with flight pack from Horizon

My Gods what a mess I make. Once Robo is finished I totally clean this mess up, and then totally start another mess. Doing this kit was a lifesaver- I could do it all indoors. My shuttlecraft build was stalled by weather- I can't spray paint inside, and I can't spray paint outside in freezing temperatures.
Anyway, tomorrow the finish.

20230307_190324-jpg.jpg

My Gods what a mess I make. Once *Project* is finished I totally clean this mess up, and then totally start another mess.
My life story, right there in a sentence.....well, except for the part of finishing it first....I think I always have like 37 projects going on at once. So its just maybe cleaning up at some point if you get the chance.....lol.

But its looking good....almost there.

Whoa! You did it and he’s amazing! (y) The final finish really gleams like metal and it comes across beautifully in your photos. It’s hard to believe everything that you went through to get to this place and it’s good to hear you’re happy with the end result because that effort shows. The gun-arm mod, the weird spring-thingy, emergency lip surgery, visor upgrades, paint misbehavin’…? ;) The painted flight pack looks huge! Wow - all the fine detail work adds up right? Totally worth it! :love:

Yeah, that turned out really good. Maybe get some pics outside in sunlight to see if that changes the look. Better or worst...hard to tell.
And get a good shot like by your car or something, and photoshop him standing there as if in full size.

One more picture tonight, I played with the lighting a bit- this is how he looks to me in person, but he's shinier. And thanks guys for following this all the way! (Paint misbehavin'- that's hilarious!)

20230308_194755.jpg

Last edited:
YES! :love: I think the pics all look terrific. That one balances a tad better. Also, you can tell a lot about a modeler by what flavor of Chobani they prefer. Okay you pass.(y)

Wait- final build notes:
The visor was to be a simple drop-in part. But I hadn't considered the curvature. I tried to glue it in, and it just looked WRONG! I sat there for the better part of an hour today cutting like eight different visor inserts with different curvatures until I got one right (holding two rejects there out of focus).
Also, I was so tempted to blue & purple him up more, but thankfully I remembered my subprogram directive (You DID it, don't eff it up by overthinking it, dumass). :lol:
20230308_205113.jpg

Nice work!

BTW: have you considered doing a light oil wash on it to bring out the panel lines?
I did, but honestly I really like the way it looks right now in person and I don't need to add anything to it to make it look better photographically, which it definitely would. But I *did* play with some saturations, sharpness & contrasts with an outdoor picture....
20230309_162809.png

Dang! That looks great and in that shot, the darker accents really allow the iridescence to pop. I never got to build one of these and after you scored this deal I looked at what some of these run o_O and well never mind lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back