Interest Rocketeer Rocket Pack and Harness screen accurate ***Deposits closed

It's a moot question.

The pack doesn't exist. It will never exist, not from Curtis.
And from the ten years, yes TEN, that I personally have been searching for ANYONE to make a high-end edition of this prop available for purchase and never finding one, it never will.

This has been my holy grail prop forever.
While I am a maker, I have neither the tools nor the talent to make this myself. Hence the search to buy one because I certainly have the money

I have been largely silent throughout this ordeal partially because I started out as a huge cheerleader for Curtis, long past the time that others saw the truth as it pertains to this unforgivable ******.

But I have to say, the damage done here has been long reaching.

I am now more hesitant than ever to make purchases here. Why? Because of Curtis' actions. Directly.

The lack of trust when being scammed out of hundreds of dollars and watching it add up to thousands collectively makes me, and I am certain others, paranoid and wary of trusting others.

Then you compound the situation by watching companies such as Anovos, and others pull the same bull ****, and your trust becomes largely squashed!

Then there are the massive turnaround times that some places quote: 13-16, 20 weeks for props or costumes. and you start to wonder if the price tag, even if you can afford it, is worth it!

Lastly, there is a certain attitude that some makers and merchants have. It is CERTAINLY one put on full display by Curtis. This attitude of superior entitlement and annoyance at having customers who want something, want communication, and want delivery!

As though we, as purchasers and collectors, should feel "blessed" and humbled that we might even be given the opportunity to buy something from a seller. Well, guess what!? Learn the value of customer service!

I ran an extremely successful home-based side business making hand-crafted custom full-sized flags, banners, and pennons for the reenactment and pirate communities for years and always ran in the black, never had one bad customer interaction, and even got reviewed and featured in a magazine. That was while I raised three kids through difficult times and managed a full-time day career. And I am certainly nothing special. Not by a long shot! But I did it by maintaining the highest standards of customer service and treating each and every client with honesty and humble professionalism. Something sorely lacking. Especially by those like Curtis.

Maybe this is just venting and sour grapes. I'll cop to that. And for that, I apologize.

But no. Even if Curtis did make good, I just want my money back and just want to move on. This is supposed to be a fun hobby, not a goddamn battle.
If you choose to suffer in silence you empower Pieces of sh** Like Cowardly Curtis the half a** Grifter

It's a moot question.
I agree with everything you said, we are in a very similar boat. Don't let Curtis sour you to the hobby. He is an outlier, most of the people in the community are good, honest people who follow through.

My point in asking was to get a gauge on how many are asking for money back vs finishing the pack. Sound like everyone wants a refund. I'm sure Curtis is completely befuddled by everyone wanting their money and not wanting HIM to finish the pack.

Never say never…
Genuine Aluminum Handcrafted Rocketeer Jetpack Rocketpack - Etsy

Not my listing or anything, but a stunning, full metal offering. If you have oodles of moola! Lol
I remember watching the video of him making that, incredible craftsmanship! He does sell just the plans as well, but you have to be REALLY good at metal work to get that right! Wish I could afford it, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Check out Veepy Pack here on RPF too. I started printing my own.
Thanks for the pointer, looks like I know where I will be getting my pack now!

Attachments

• IMG_8653.jpeg
    IMG_8653.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8541.jpeg
    IMG_8541.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 89
Hey! That’s David J. Guytons pack. Search for his thread about it here on the RPF. Fantastic craftsmanship and I feel lucky to own Metal pack #012. Even had to build a suitable case for it.
That's a great looking backpack but I'll have to find someone to buy my kidney ;)

Reading through all of this I'm simply baffled that he hasn't been banned. I've seen members here banned for far less. Maybe there is some loophole he is exploiting that I'm missing?

A real shame. I really loved seeing his helmets being done up here a few years ago...

Reading through all of this I'm simply baffled that he hasn't been banned. I've seen members here banned for far less. Maybe there is some loophole he is exploiting that I'm missing?

A real shame. I really loved seeing his helmets being done up here a few years ago...
It’s not a loophole, or any special treatment from Admin. The Admin give situations like this time, to see if he can come through. He owes a lot of people, and this is their only means of trying to communicate with him, even if he isn’t communicating right now. But we all know, he is still coming in and reading this thread.
If they ban him, it will take away any chance of rectification, and it will most definitely solidify that nobody will ever see a refund.

The long awaited 80+ piece jet pack kit is ready to go! Full kit for Mark Poon is ready to ship. (Thank you Mark for understanding my situation) Anyone who has paid the deposit for this cool kit will, of course, be charged the agreed price of 1200.00 USD minus the 300.00 USD non-refundable deposit. I will also be enclosing a surprise cast for everyone that put deposits down showing my gratitude for your patience.

For anyone else who would like to purchase this jet pack the cost will be 1800.00 USD. No deposit. Please leave me a message at therocketeerjetpack@gmail.com

I would like to take this time to publicly apologize to everyone for the long wait. I don’t wish to rehash why and I understand your frustrations. Know that I am committed to seeing this project through for everyone who put down a deposit. It has NEVER been my intention to fraud anyone on this board or anywhere else. I have been a long standing member of the RPF and have made many cool props in the past. I hope to get past this and continue to make props for you and earn your trust back. I am in a better place mentally and ready to work.
IMG_8722.jpeg

If you don't want this product please reach out and we can sort something out.
Reached out, no response.

…300.00 USD non-refundable deposit.
So now the deposit is “non-refundable”. How incredibly convenient for you! I guess that explains why no one that has asked for a refund has heard from you.

And your offer to “sort something out”? Just more BS, another lie in a very long string! These actions are why no one trusts you and further emphasizes exactly why no one ever should. You want to “earn back trust”? Then make it right for everyone, not just yourself!

Reached out, no response.

So now the deposit is “non-refundable”. How incredibly convenient for you! I guess that explains why no one that has asked for a refund has heard from you.

And your offer to “sort something out”? Just more BS, another lie in a very long string! These actions are why no one trusts you and further emphasizes exactly why no one ever should. You want to “earn back trust”? Then make it right for everyone, not just yourself!
And after all this time and excuses, he is ready to move forward and wants everyone to cough up $900? Lmao! And then he want more people to send him $1800 to jump in the run? lol

Yeah… people will trust giving him that amount. Not to mention , those who he dragged along for years deserve a steep discount if he hopes to have them finalize a sale. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Guess Mark found someone to buy his kidney... I thought Mark was wanting a refund?
Still awaiting my refund.
Officer Lindsay Soo-Chan of the West Minster Police would love to hear from anyone else who's been scammed by Curtis.

Yeah, I coughed up my deposit how many years ago, and now you want another 900 all the sudden? Tell you what, as soon as another brave soul pays their 1200, I'll take a part of that as a refund on my initial deposit, thank you.

Yeah, I coughed up my deposit how many years ago, and now you want another 900 all the sudden? Tell you what, as soon as another brave soul pays their 1200, I'll take a part of that as a refund on my initial deposit, thank you.
:lol: No, no, no! You missed where he has so conveniently slipped in, “the 300.00 USD non-refundable deposit”. :rolleyes:

Guess Mark found someone to buy his kidney... I thought Mark was wanting a refund?
Still awaiting my refund.
Officer Lindsay Soo-Chan of the West Minster Police would love to hear from anyone else who's been scammed by Curtis.
Someone paid a deposit for one of my kidneys so I’m using it to pay off my pack ;) Anyway Curtis was supposed to get back to me on shipping arrangement but I’ve not heard from him in 2 days so we’ll see but I’m honestly not keeping my hopes high…

hi guys,

just an update, I last heard from Curtis 13 days ago, I've not sent any money & I don't think I will hear from him again. He wanted $900 plus $180 shipping for the pack and seems like he's vanished from the face of this earth again :mad:

just an update, I last heard from Curtis 13 days ago, I've not sent any money & I don't think I will hear from him again. He wanted $900 plus $180 shipping for the pack and seems like he's vanished from the face of this earth again :mad:

This doesn't surprise me at all.

If anyone is actually considering taking Curtis up on his offer and completing this transaction, I strongly suggest not sending him a dime until the product is in hand. If Curtis hopes to regain trust, he is going to have to stick his own neck out first.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

If anyone is actually considering taking Curtis up on his offer and completing this transaction, I strongly suggest not sending him a dime until the product is in hand. If Curtis hopes to regain trust, he is going to have to stick his own neck out first.
He will most likely say, “I’m not about to ship it and THEN you pay, someone could scam me. You can’t trust people online”. :lol:

hi guys,

It’s been almost a month since you posted. Any response from him?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back