Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Anyone have a good run of metal conversion parts still? I have an MGC P08 I'd like to convert ;)

Fieldmarshall still has conversion parts but they are designed for the WE 6” airsoft that was used in the movie. Maybe they’d still work on an MGC (but isn’t the MGC itself kind of valuable compared against a ~$100 airsoft? And does it have the correct sight at the back?).

Conversion kit:

Fieldmarshall still has conversion parts but they are designed for the WE 6” airsoft that was used in the movie. Maybe they’d still work on an MGC (but isn’t the MGC itself kind of valuable compared against a ~$100 airsoft? And does it have the correct sight at the back?).

Conversion kit:
Yeah unfortunately the rear sight is incorrect however I don't believe the MGC P08 is especially valuable outside of the A180 is it?

Yeah unfortunately the rear sight is incorrect however I don't believe the MGC P08 is especially valuable outside of the A180 is it?

For some reason I thought it was, but I was probably confusing it with the way MGC mausers are so valuable. Glancing at eBay it looks like the 4" MGC P08 hovers around the same price as an airsoft WE P08. Also, apparently MGC *did* make a P08 Navy, and that one does seem to be more rare, going for about twice as much.

Have you tried Field Marshal: A180 JYN ERSO BLASTER KIT - War Machine Paintball

I did not do a kit build, I bought a finished piece but he does great pieces. Take a look.
I'm looking at that now... I'm between the Field Marshal and the cheap kit from Evike because I really like the look of the one Garrett Smith just sold here Star Wars - A180 JYN ERSO BLASTER WITH A VINTAGE MGC P08 LUGER

Also just to verify, Mar Machine Paintball and vmusicstore on ebay are all Field Marshal correct? It's a little confusing lol

For some reason I thought it was, but I was probably confusing it with the way MGC mausers are so valuable. Glancing at eBay it looks like the 4" MGC P08 hovers around the same price as an airsoft WE P08. Also, apparently MGC *did* make a P08 Navy, and that one does seem to be more rare, going for about twice as much.
Yeah the Mausers are crazy now haha I think I might just convert this MGC then sell it and pick up an airsoft and Field Marshal's kit for my personal one :)

The all metal MGC/RMI P-08 is the rare one, I bought mine back in the 1970's and paid $26 for it from RMI in Virginia. The plastic cap fire ones are the plentiful ones. I always cringe when I see MGC replicas turned into Star Wars blasters because for the most part they are worth more money in their original state.

Got my War Machine A180 in yesterday! This thing is fantastically accurate! For any of you that have this one, did yours come with screws for the barrel tip and band? Mine aren’t screwed into anything and I want to secure them before I start weathering it...

E089E61C-2401-4672-9031-07CA6F1C8FCD.jpeg
4583DC8A-3644-47B4-AA57-E6F6B0842764.jpeg
69162D22-76DA-4993-978B-2EC4CC4DCA91.jpeg

There should be a TINY grub screw for the barrel tip. Maybe it fell out?

I re-tapped mine for M3 and made a custom slotted grub screw for mine.

Just use a little dot of glue on the barrel band. You never know when or if you want to take it back off. The dovetail should fit relatively tight.

Here's mine! Dann's Blaster Projects - E-11 Stormtrooper Blaster!!
Yeah didn’t come with a screw for the tip. I just ordered a tap set and i’m gonna do an M2 or M3 screw in it. I ended up using some two part epoxy on the band! :)

View attachment 1061424
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3949.jpg

OK here's my take on it. I have has this Evike kit sitting around for over a year and decided yesterday to put it together. I know it's not 100% screen accurate, but I already had it so I figured I ought to use it. I tried to add enough details to make it respectable. I almost replaced it with the War Machine kit as a little more screen accurate and easier to pain with the separate pieces, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with it. I think only I and the people who have studied this thread will note the inaccuracies. I had some WWII Bakelite grips I wanted to use instead but they are made for a real Luger so would require some real modification to use. They are not screen-accurate anyway but are more substantial than the plastic grips on this weapon and I feel like production would have gone for them if they had them. Maybe someday I'll figure out if I can make them work.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_394a.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_394a.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 259
Using this thread as a little guideline, i tried my own approach on the Blaster Pistol, made a few adjustements that i liked more like rivets instead of screws, but i think i got the overall look just right.

Everything is made out of metal, mostly aluminium, no kit used, base was a P08 from Denix.

Attachments

• IMG_7576.JPG
    IMG_7576.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 444
  • IMG_7577.JPG
    IMG_7577.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 489
  • IMG_7578.JPG
    IMG_7578.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 428

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back