RPF New Look Feedback Thread

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
As you know, we have created an all new look for the RPF and have shared our thought and reasoning in a thread in the announcements forum.

So now we want to hear what you think. Love it? Hate it? Don't care? Lets us know!

Also, if there are any issues or inconsistencies, please let us know!

New Look

Love the new look guys :thumbsup (only downside is the browsing history seems to have been erased from my cache, so I can't see the threads I've visited over months. Well, just have to visit them again I suppose :lol)

Seriously, its cool.

Is there any way to be able to get the general appearance fit into all my PC screen ? At the moment there are 2 wide blank bands on the left & right of the page.

sg-895x472.jpg

Last edited:
Re: New Look

Is there any way to be able to get the general appearance fit into all my PC screen ? At the moment there are 2 wide blank bands on the left & right of the page.

Alan, what you are seeing a fixed width design where the content is forced into a specific size (usually to accommodate 1024X768 resolutions). The primary reason for fixed width is that it is very easy to design for as opposed to variable width layouts which look different on everyone's monitor. The downfall of fixed width is that you somewhat have to pander to the smallest and most prevalent resolution (which is 1024 X768) meaning those of us with larger resolutions end up with bars on each side.

Well if you want nit-picking... As mentioned, those of use with widescreen monitors have everything crammed in the middle with lots of empty space on the sides. Kinda annoying

The Reply buttons etc are still the stock graphics and don't really match with this new theme. Future development?

What I DO like, is the light/dark and dark/light options (I prefer light background myself). Also in terms of the ads on the top are only one line (for now) with more on the bottom (I prefer that).

[EDIT] And I dunno what just happened, but when I posted that reply I lost all of my formatting... weird...

Fantastic job all the way around. Sometimes, simple is powerful and less is more. This is one of those times.

Love the way everything ties in with what the RPF is all about without really needing any explanation.

I am a graphic designer by trade and the new look is a great example of what I describe to clients as "communicating visually."

:thumbsup

Yeah Art, seems I missed the news thread about this last week. Just read it now.

You shrunk the RPF !!! :lol

Seems like a waste to have 1/3 of my screen blank :-( No fair, now I'm going to sulk & stamp my feet. So there.

:lol

Love the new look! Glad to see that "all but none" franchises are represented, since the old banner suggested that only Star Wars was represented. Love the shirt idea too!

I'm so excited to finally see this happen! It's been a year since the new logo was picked and I've anxiously been awaiting this day. Very exciting and I LOVE the new look. I thought the Star Wars theme would be hard to beat but I fell in love with this as soon as Art showed it to me. Go RPF!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back