Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Site Administrators

Art Andrews

Montagar

-------------------------------

RPF Staff (this account is used by individuals that graciously volunteer their time to help keep things running)

Forum Leaders (Unlike moderators in the past, who's primary role was to enforce the Community Guidelines, a Forum Leader's primary role is to stimulate conversation within the forum(s) they oversee, help guide the threads in a more logical way, and to make sure threads are posted in the proper forums.)

Last edited:
My love of movies began at a young age going to the local movie theater with my older brothers. Small town rural America in the '60s was an ideal time for a kid to be drawn into the magic of movies on the "big screen". I found television quite captivating as well.

I started collecting movie posters in the '80s, but I have always tried to limit myself to movies that not only meant something to me but also had a poster that was different from the usual "faces of the main characters" style.

The next logical step in this movie madness was to create prop displays, and that is what ultimately brought me to the RPF. Finding other people that loved movies enough that they would want to make, collect and display props from those movies… man, I was in heaven. So much so, that after about six months of being a member I was so blown away by this community that I put together a contest. First prize was a Master Replicas Aliens motion tracker. As it turned out there was a tie for first place. So I gave away two of them, and I was more than happy to do it.

In my time here I have tried to give back as much as I have received and I hope to be able to continue to do so for many, many years.

I would like to take this opportunity to mention someone that was a big part of my feeling welcome here. When I was new to the forum, Wayne (PropReplicator) took the time to answer questions and explain some of the subtleties of this community in a way that helped me keep things in perspective. Although he is no longer physically with us, his spirit (at least for me) will always be a part of the RPF.

Montagar

Last edited:
My fascination of Star Wars brought me to the RPF just over a decade ago. Old timers will probably better remember me as “Brak’s Buddy” than by my real name.

My main prop related interest centers around Boba Fett but also include sand troopers, Star Ship Troopers, western costumes (think Tombstone), and Aliens. In 2001 I started a series of threads that focused on the details of Boba Fett’s costume here on the RPF. Those threads eventually resulted in the creation of a “daughter board” to the RPF called As You Wish. That board eventually grew to become The Dented Helmet, which I still own and run. Without the RPF, The Dented Helmet would have never existed.

Excluding The Dented Helmet, I am probably best known for pushing people to share information and not horde it as I believe we all stand on the shoulders of the pioneers who came before us and it is unlikely that we would know the things we do if those individuals didn’t share with us. I feel that we have an obligation to give back to the community and pass what we know on to the next generation.
This desire to “give back” is what had motivated me to accept a position as moderator here at the RPF. If not for people like Nikki (Princess Nikidala), Cliff (M-Pire), Brandon (BAlinger15), Tom (TomSpinaDesigns), and Lonnie (rocketeer25), this board wouldn’t exist. They, along with dozens of others created the support structure for this thriving community and I feel an obligation to do my part since they have given so much to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back