Rubies Surpreme Vader Costume

You are right they did put extra straps on everything BUT the cod piece. The strap that goes between the legs could stand to be about 6 inches longer. it is very uncomfortbale its like a Sith-thong

"Sith-thong" :lol

Yeah, it could use a few more inches of play. I wish the cod waist belt was a little shorter... I cinched it all the way to make it fit. Seeing as there is so much extra on everything else, I may trim some of them down a bit. Not too much though in case I sell the suit down the road.

Thanks for the link for the boots. Those do look nice and not a bad price at all.

Dont know if this info will help anyone. But i own the Xl costume, WHICH by Rubies specifications was ONLY supposed to fit up to a size 50 chest, well i am a 54 chest and it is still a little big on me. According to Rubies it is only supposed to fit folks with a 40-46 inch waist. Well i have a size 50 waist and AGAIN there is plenty of room. SO if anyone is worried about this costume not fitting i am proof that the size that Rubies has said it will fit is not accurate it will fit much bigger guys than myself with room to spare.

I'm worried about modding mine. Mostly I'm afraid of the orange peel effect when painting. I've had it happen before on other projects and would rather leave the helmet the way it is (for now).

I would do replacement lenses just so I could see better. Who sources them & do they give a better view from the helmet?

I may put in a snap system to hold the shoulder armor on better. My cape pulls it back too. I did the snap thing on my Trooper suit & it works well. I'll try to post plans & a tutorial as I go.

I may also try to fix the neck flare with the boiling water trick.

"Can't have too much flair."

officespace_chotchkies.jpg

;) :D :lol

Oh and in case anyone's looking for the link:

http://www.wackychimp.com/supremevader/

Wackychimp, I got my lenses from Lenseman, here on the board. They're great, and you can see through them quite well. I got the smoked grey lenses for my mask, and it's night and day compared to the Rubies lenses.

I tried the boiling water for my neck flare, and ended up cutting the neck on mine in a curved shape instead. It's not "screen accurate", but I like the looks and fit of it a lot better.

Please do post pics and info on your snap system. I played around with the shoulder armor last night (without the cape) and can see how it would move around. I need to mess with doing something about those damned newer version hinges on the shoulder caps too... wish they'd have left them alone because they now have a huge gap and expose the hinge too much. :(

Is anyone else having an issue with the shoulder armour? My issue is that the bellon the left side is a little cock-eyed and doesnt sit right inthe front. Anyone else?

i think one of the forst very noticable things is that you can see the wearers face through the grills, those are the first things to be done. Betamin, i'm not the most talented with mods so i need to ask, how did you fit the lenses, did you remove foam padding. Also, when you say you trimmed the neck, how many inches did you take off.
Thanks

Darth Chetta, my shoulder bells sit all right, but they both swing under when you stand with your arms down at your sides. Probably because of the new hinge design they put on them with the hinge sticking up and having the space between the shoulder bell and the chest piece. I'm going to play with a hinge mod this weekend and see what I can do with it. I'll post pics if I figure something out.

Darth Domain, I cut about an inch up from the bottom of the back edge and did a gentle curve that came down toward the front, which I didn't cut any off of at all. I did remove and discard the foam padding, and need to find something to make some custom padding inside. I was looking at the Master Replicas Vader helmet pics that have the foam blocks on either side of the cheeks inside, and might play with something like that. As for the lenses and fitting them in, it was a LOT of trial and error with the dremel tool, taking a little off here, a little there, fitting and testing over and over, with occasional times of adding more epoxy to build up a spot. It was a pain, but after seeing how TK1215s looked on his tutorial, I knew it was worth it to make the mask look better.

I thickened up the front and bottom of the bells of my armor with fiberglass and repainted and now it looks like the movie armor.

I replaced and rebuilt the boxes with ROTS size belt boxes
I replaced the belt buckle with an aluminum one .
I replaced the gloves with shorter leather ones.
replaced the neck chain with thicker flatter chain
replaced the belt with thicker leather belt.
replaced the helmet with a portumac ROTS helmet.
looks unbelievable.
will take pics soon.

chris

Originally posted by chris1748@Sep 16 2005, 09:10 PM
I thickened up the front and bottom of the bells  of my armor with fiberglass and repainted and now it looks like the movie armor.

looks unbelievable.
will take pics soon.

chris
[snapback]1078432[/snapback]​

Sounds expensive... :lol (Joking of course.)

Can't wait to see pics. I've been thinking of modding my Vader for a while now, so maybe your pictures can inspire me to get off my butt to work on it. lol...

Yes, to answer the previous question both right and left shin armor are identical. When i first got it out of the box i looked to see if there was a curve one way or the other to indicate which leg it should go on. but they are both straight. Now i have tried them on opposite legs and one does fit better on the right than the other, but that is not due to the form of the guard just due to my legs lol

Originally posted by chris1748@Sep 16 2005, 10:10 PM
I thickened up the front and bottom of the bells  of my armor with fiberglass and repainted and now it looks like the movie armor.

looks unbelievable.
will take pics soon.

chris
[snapback]1078432[/snapback]​
PICS.
Must see. :)

Id like to see pics of everyone who has a Supreme Edition vader. just to see the differences in the versions of the costume and see how everyone has modded it.

Darth Chetta, I tried on my shoulder armor with the cape, and I see what you mean about the weight pulling it back. It was fine if the cape was over the shoulders and hanging evenly all around, but pushing the cape back from the sides pulled the armor back just like you said, and up against my throat. I've got an idea I'm going to play with to possibly remedy the situation...... :)

And you're right....that cape is HEAVY..

I've been trying to come up with a solution for the cape/ chest armour. I think if the cape is attached in a different way so that t lays evenly ont he armor it will distribute its weight better.. whats your idea?

I put on the chest box after adjusting the straps, and slipped the shoulder armor on. I wondered if a set of snaps or velcro ON the straps where they go under the armor, with a snap or velcro stuck to the armor underside itself to give a place for the strap to attach to. It might keep the armor from pulling back as much. Just an idea....

I also need to think about safety pinning that cape up a bit so it's not dragging when we play at the bar...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back