Limited Run RUN CLOSED * DL-44 ESB Blaster Machined Parts Set * RUN CLOSED

Re: DL-44 ESB Blaster Active Project

So on Halloween I trooped around the neighborhood with my ROTJ DL-44 built from Boba Debt's most excellent 2014 project. (Yeah lots of guys saying: "really. There are guys that can make a kit to make a real prop replica from the movies?" Me: "yep".) As many have said the "real" prop replicas are just too darn heavy unless you are just standing around. I decided to build up a Doopydoos ESB kit for something lighter. Last night I was lining up the scope on the bracket for my last JB "weld" and damn the front foot was hanging out over the edge of the bracket. Dang it. Thought I screwed up. I pulled out my MR HS DL-44 as a reference and sure enough the front foot was hanging over 5/16 - 3/8 of an inch. I know both MR and DPD's have their flaws but it seems both went with the more screen accurate.

Interesting, the scope on the DPD's kit has the engraving:

TELESCOPE
M.H.R. CO. 1943 R.J.D.
N.O. 110032

cast off a real tank scope?

Mike

The Luke bracket has a sharper corner at the bottom of the angle. I would have to ADD material to create the look of the Han bracket. If you can't do a separate version with the larger radius at the bottom of the angle, I'll just have to make my own... :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I misunderstood.

I thought you were referring to the bottom corner.

Do you have reference material that shows the difference in the radius?

Scott recently posted some clear pictures of the Bespin Blaster in post 276 of this thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f79/dl-44-esb-blaster-discussion-greeblies-post-208-a-230129/index7.html

kurtyboy pointed out in post 279 the the front leg of the scope bracket is rounded

So I need to know if this is something that I should incorporate into my Bespin scope bracket

If you would like me to update my print post below.

For me as usual the best way is to go to as screen accurate as possible, so be it rounded and take every change possible to go towards a perfect match to the original!

Regards,

Alberto

also wanted to know if anyone is interested in and “Idealized” scope bracket

On the real prop the front foot of the M-19 scope extends past the front leg of the scope bracket.

This has always bothered me and I think I am going to see if I can have an idealized version of the bracket made in which the front foot does not do this.

If you would like an idealized scope bracket post below

No idealized bracket for me, thanks!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

There is very little reference on the Han Bespin Blaster so I did not intend to create a separate version for this.

Basically I will provide the Luke Bespin Bracket and it is easy to increase the corner radius.

Since I have 2 Luke Bespins already, I would double this, my aim in getting a Bespin kit would be mimicking the Han, same thing for Hoth planet one! Hope to generate enough interest on the Han Bespin variant to have Dave change his mind on doing a separate Han Bespin bracket as well!

Regards,

Alberto

I misunderstood.

I thought you were referring to the bottom corner.

Do you have reference material that shows the difference in the radius?

This is what I'm talking about - the difference is subtle, but important to me:
Han_Bespin_Radius.jpg
Han_ESB_Hero.jpg

If it's gotta be one, it's LUKE all the way for me, but since they are so similar....

Actually, Han's Bespin scope is slightly different. The ring on the side is a full circle, where as the Hoth and Luke Bespin scopes have a notch at the bottom. Early M19's have the full circle, whereas later model M19's and M32's have the notch.

Actually, Han's Bespin scope is slightly different. The ring on the side is a full circle, where as the Hoth and Luke Bespin scopes have a notch at the bottom. Early M19's have the full circle, whereas later model M19's and M32's have the notch.

Well, yes... true, but for all intents and purposes finding the right variant will be tougher, and I think boba is doing the more common notched M19/M32 replica.

Or are you doing the variant Dave???

Let me know if you need pics of the solid ring version. I have one of them.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back