Limited Run RUN CLOSED * DL-44 ESB Blaster Machined Parts Set * RUN CLOSED

Group,
What improvements are being made that necessitate the removal of the trigger assembly? I've currently got my Denixs broken down to that point, but didn't know if there was something further to improve by removing the trigger assembly. Any information will be helpful.

I think some people like to accurize the trigger shape. Personally its not that big of a deal to me.

Yes, to reshape the trigger, to make it look more like a real C96 trigger. The Denix trigger is too big and fat and just inaccurate.

Reshaping the trigger can really help change the look to where it doesn't immediately scream "DENIX"!

I never new it was that big if a deal

I might look into this :)

It's not one of those things that bother me. Mostly because I am ignorant of what a real trigger looks like. Even so, it might be something I would be willing to upgrade. Personally I'd probably like to have a more accurate rear sight (without the "V" shape). I know some people also file them down but it get very close to the pin when you do that.

After a long fun ride, mine finally arrived yesterday! Woo Hoo! Boy oh boy is this thing beautiful. I can't thank Boba enough for his help!
IMG_7505.JPG-2.jpeg

i knew i would forget how the springs sat inside the denix, so when i took it apart i snapped some pictures

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/lightningdan/Han ESB DL-44/denix7.jpg

What I should've done. Ha! Sometimes while disassembling a thing, I DO remember to snap a quick photo, but not this time!

Yup. I totally screwed mine up anyways when trying to install the retaining pin. And, now I'm 0-2 with trigger springs because on my Hoth, I lost it somehow but made it work with about 3 coils worth of a spring from a ball point pen. Works fine now....mostly. Not the Bespin though. It....kind of works...

u can count me in for a trigger if this does happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trigger would be tough to make due to how it tapers. Would definitely need a 4 or 5 axis. I looked at making one a few months ago it was way out of my league.

Yup. I totally screwed mine up anyways when trying to install the retaining pin. And, now I'm 0-2 with trigger springs because on my Hoth, I lost it somehow but made it work with about 3 coils worth of a spring from a ball point pen. Works fine now....mostly. Not the Bespin though. It....kind of works...

I never really looked into removing/installing the trigger but when I read this I thought I should figure it out for everyone

It wasn't that hard once I realized that the spring and trigger are not set in place simultaneously.

Removal is straight forward, punch the pin out.

I installed it as follows -

1. Set the trigger in place with the hammer catch in the aft position.

2. Hand start the pin from the left side until you see it just starting to protrude into the spring cavity

3. Use needle nose plies to set the spring in place

4. Use a punch to push down on the spring coil to push it into place while simultaneously pushing the pin more to the right with finger pressure.

5. Once you meet resistance on the right side use a punch to seat the pin into the right side hole.

I might mangle a mauser lower that the shop destroyed so I can create a tutorial for the mauser thread.

Yeah, it took me some time to figure out, and I even do a bit of gunsmithing!

But these replicas aren't really made to the tight tolerances of real firearms, so there's quite a bit of wiggle room and finicky parts with the Denix.

I think he's pretty busy with his ROTJ project right now, and finishing up previous orders from this run.

Might be a little early to be asking about another run of these parts, but I feel ya! I STILL need a knurled Bespin mount knob! So bummed I missed out on that one part!

Rust oleum satin clear coat..if you dust it on it dries rough like sandpaper. If you gob it on it dries slick and smooth. Maybe an idea for the scope body texture?

You inspired me. I replaced the flat grips with 1896 Mauser repro grips from Numrich Gun Parts. I know I paid for the deluxe Denix but after handling it it was missing something, that was the round support in your palm. These are walnut and I shaped them to the Denix frame, unevenly again. Both my ANH and ESB now have gaps near the lanyard ring :lol

also, another layer of black briwax

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    355.8 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    527.6 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    561.8 KB · Views: 142
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back