Limited Run RUN CLOSED * DL-44 ESB Blaster Machined Parts Set * RUN CLOSED

You inspired me. I replaced the flat grips with 1896 Mauser repro grips from Numrich Gun Parts. I know I paid for the deluxe Denix but after handling it it was missing something, that was the round support in your palm. These are walnut and I shaped them to the Denix frame, unevenly again. Both my ANH and ESB now have gaps near the lanyard ring :lol

also, another layer of black briwax

looks great tom. i haven't weathered my grips yet. i think a acrylic black wash. im waiting for some "brass ager" to try on the screw.

Oh!
Good point, I forgot haha. I do want to! This anodizing is tough, are we talking sandpaper?
I'd go gently with a file at first, to remove anodizing a little quicker in certain areas.

Then yeah, maybe some sandpaper. To even things out.

I did most of my weathering with a file, though.

thank you! I'll try this out tomorrow :)

by the way those Numrich grips have a couple problems. 1) they're not as long as the Denix grip length and 2) the screw hole doesn't line up. I chopped out my cross brace so I had a fully open grip frame like a real gun/MGC That way I was able to close some of the gap on the shoulder of the grip area and shape the inner step.

Sometimes I'll even use the back edge of an exacto to remove paint and finishes in smaller areas, like the knurling, and other edges. I just scrape it away real careful like.

Yeah, I've had to do some interesting stuff with grips in the past!

the anodize is tough!! i tried the oven cleaner trick to remove it and it didnt even budge! it turned it purple and had black circles everywhere. i can to sand it smooth, then paint

denix16.jpg

I finally received my kit about a week ago. Its amazing and I love it! Thanks Boba Debt!

But I said I finally got it because it took the LONG way to get to me in Florida. This is the rout it took all because of one retarded USPS employee.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally received my kit about a week ago. Its amazing and I love it! Thanks Boba Debt!

But I said I finally got it because it took the LONG way to get to me in Florida. This is the rout it took all because of one retarded USPS employee.

View attachment 692386

you have got to be kidding me!! im sorry to laugh but that is crazy!!! im glad you finally got it, seeing that kind of route it took would have left me very anxious

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit late to this but if anyone has an extra Bespin/Luke parts set please PM me! I'm looking for every part except the scope for the Bespin/Luke version. Thanks!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back