Saberz.com Project O3 Limited Edition (Obi-Wan ROTS Dueling Saber) - SOLD OUT

Saberz

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As promised, here is the partner to A3 Limited Edition (our Anakin ROTS Dueling Saber), the O3 Limited Edition.

UPDATE: This Limited Edition Run is now SOLD OUT. We will be making an FX-ready metal edition with some minor changes for accepting electronics. But this true-to-the-prop-in-every-respect version is now sold out. We currently have a couple A3 Limited Edition hilts left, which you can find here: A3 Limited Edition

These are resin replicas, made to look, feel, and assemble exactly like the original production props. The dueling sabers for Revenge of the Sith were very interesting props. Anakin and Obi-Wan in particular had somewhat modular hilts, assembled with several separate pieces that all stacked together, with the blade itself acting as the assembly mechanism.

With actual on-hand screen-used props as our reference, we replicated every detail of these sabers. Starting with the texalium blade, painted and heatshrunk to match the originals. They feature a custom-machined M10 hollow pushrod with the same length and threading as the originals. So these blades could swap out for the blade on a production dueling saber, and vice versa, you could use a production blade in these sabers.

Obi-Wan was a particularly interesting beast, as there were LOTS and LOTS of different versions of the dueling sabers. All the way from a virtual hero hilt (with every last detail except the activation box, which was always smoothed down) at one end. And on the other end, a hilt with a long tubular section and very few details at all. We couldn't decide which version to replicate, so we are giving you ALL the parts that we could reliably replicate. All the chromed parts are vacuum-metalized exactly like the originals. Other parts use automotive paints, just like the originals.

We also include a custom machined low-head M10 bolt so that you can assemble a hilt without a blade if desired. The bolt pictured below is just a standard bolt with the head ground down; our custom bolt looks a lot nicer but I didn't have it ready for photos. This is the same way the props were stored in production when they didn't have their blades on. Sorry if that throws you; it's not meant to be part of the saber like the Luke V2 "nipple" end. Just a consequence of the assembly bolt.

Here is everything that comes with O3 Limited Edition:
000_Store_502.jpg

And here are SOME of the different combinations you can make with those parts.

000_Store_506.jpg

I tend to think of them as follows. The one below is clearly the most detailed, so I call it the "Hero" version:
000_Store_508.jpg

Next up, a slightly-less-detailed version, with a thicker neck/windvane area, smoothed out booster, flat-faced emitter. This is the version which was sold in the latest Propstore auction. I tend to call this the "Main Stunt" version:

000_Store_509.jpg

Then, we remove even more detail, going for a completely smooth frag body section, and even less detail on the windvane, and a shorter neck. I call this the "Stubby" version:

000_Store_510.jpg

And finally ... we come to the version I've kindof obsessed over for almost 20 years. It's identified in the behind-the-scenes clips as "Ewan's Favorite" lightsaber. It's claimed that he used this version almost exclusively throughout the shoot. It has a basic tube in place of the booster/clamp/frag sections, the "stubby" windvane half painted black, a hero neck, smooth-faced emitter. Very interesting choice of parts. Because the tubular section is relatively thick aluminum (at least how we made it, given the construction of the hilt), it makes for a VERY nicely balanced hilt. I can see why he liked it. Anyway, the "Ewan's Favorite" version (and again, you can make ANY of these with the included parts):

000_Store_511.jpg

There are a couple more images attached below for reference. As with the A3 Limited Edition, A3 Limited Edition, this guy is a TON of manual labor. Much more than even the A3. And many more parts. The price is $849, limited to seven pieces. They are almost gone already, since our A3 customers started snapping them up before I had a chance to do photography and make the official announcement. But, if you want in, head to this page:

Saberz.com - Project O3 Limited Edition BUY NOW

Project O3 - Limited to 7 Pieces:
1. SOLD -- J.S.
2. SOLD -- T.F.
3. SOLD -- M.S.
4. SOLD -- R.H.
5. SOLD -- M.G.
6. SOLD -- W.K.
7. SOLD -- N.S.

Attachments

• 000_Store_505.jpg
    000_Store_505.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 000_Store_518.jpg
    000_Store_518.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 000_Store_516.jpg
    000_Store_516.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 000_Store_514.jpg
    000_Store_514.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 000_Store_506.jpg
    000_Store_506.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 000_Store_519.jpg
    000_Store_519.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 000_Store_521.jpg
    000_Store_521.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Got it!!

does the 10mm bolt come with the Anakin too for a bladeless display option?

Last edited:
The O3 and A3 metal versions will be able to take a carbon blade, yes. Of course, if you can hold a 7/8” blade, you can hold a much smaller diameter blade.

However, they will not accept carbon blades in the same way. There’s no M10 internal threading as on the original props and these Limited Edition versions. They will be held by a set screw like an FX blade.

So in short, yes the metal ones can take carbon blades. But for a TRUE stunt prop, this limited edition is it.

Last edited:
The O3 and A3 metal versions will be able to take a carbon blade, yes. Of course, if you can hold a 7/8” blade, you can hold a much smaller diameter blade.

However, they will not accept carbon blades in the same way. There’s no M10 internal threading as on the original props and these Limited Edition versions. They will be held by a set screw like an FX blade.

So in short, yes the metal ones can take carbon blades. But for a TRUE stunt prop, this limited edition is it.
All I ask is a metal version of the Ewan’s Favorite hilt

That hilt is probably the one I’ve wanted the most out of all the Star Wars lightsaber props. I’m sorry I missed out on the limited edition version, but $850 was a lot for me to spend right now. Especially to get all those extra pieces, just to have that one version of the hilt that I actually cared about

Though I really do appreciate all your research and effort that went into these limited editions, they are beautiful!

The metal versions will also be a bundle with various versions of the saber. Originally I was hoping for a much lower price point in metal, but it may not turn out to be that way.

The metal ones will not have EVERY single part that the resin ones did, but fairly close. You'll get enough parts to make all three of the versions shown here (including, yes, the "Ewan's Favorite") :
obi-comparisons-4.jpg

obi-comparisons-5.jpg

obi-comparisons-6.jpg

A little preview for those of you who bought these. They are nearly ready to ship (look for an email in the next few days about that). Here's a shot of the whole family before they're off to their new homes. The seven finished sabers plus a proto that I was testing things out with. Enjoy!

SLZ_2443.jpg

SLZ_2434.jpg

SLZ_2439.jpg

SLZ_2417.jpg

SLZ_2418.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back