Scratch building to the EXTREME

I looked at that Ferrari video and was blown away, but not totally as Iv'e grown up around this type of extreme modeling in the form of my Dad who is a true master modelmaker in his own right!. If you guys wish I will try and get his permission to let me take pics and post here of (in my opinion anyway) his best work ever which is a 1/4 scale model of an AJS 7R racing motorcycle of I think the 1950's era. 1 year to measure and draw plans/ 6 years to build, and I can tell you this thing is a piece of art and blows everyone away who see's it!!. It is a static model but every part is scratchbuilt, machined/turned/drilled and just about every process you can imagine!. I keep telling him he needs to enter the Model Engineer Exhibition in the UK at some point, not to just win (which he would probably win the supreme award) but for others to marvel over it!.
Stu

This is the kind of scratch building I'd love to do,but I have no tools to do it with now,as a former "business associate" took off with all the tooling to lathe,and mill any type of parts.(n)thumbsdown:thumbsdown Now I'll have to figure out how to start over again! I'm glad that I still have handful of small tools,and routers left. My dad used to make his own VW dunebuggies back in the seventies,and built all his models from scratch.

Great show of skill! It's obvious that this guy's a machinst. With all the mill,lathe,silver soldering,and sandblasting equipment he uses. Thanks for sharing this with us. (y)thumbsup Two thumbs up from me!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back