serenity large scale scratch build

barrie

Hello every one,
I have been of line for a while as I have been busy with my latest project for the National film and sci fi museum in milton keyens.
I had been asked to have a go at the serenity space craft from the tv series firefly. Al I can say about this is it has been a real challenge I have not seen so much detail on a craft before, this has been the most difficult but rewarding craft I have built. As with all my models for the museum they are quite large, the serenity when fully asembled will be 7 feet long just over 4 feet wide and 2 feet high and is very heavy as there is a LOT of plastic sheet involved in its construction.
I was lucky to have some brilliant help from a person involved in the production of the tv show, he supplied me with a great deal of information and drawings to help me get this model constructed. as the saying goes from little acorns great oaks grow, well in this case from a small drawing grew a BIG model.
please let me know what you think of it, but please remember that it is not painted and have not the space to assemble all the model parts ( seven in total )
togewther at the same time. I will just keep adding batches of images.

best regards Barrie ( the old guy ) DSC08425.JPGDSC08436.JPGDSC08443.JPGDSC08448.JPGDSC08461.JPGDSC08461.JPG

Attachments

• DSC08407.JPG
    DSC08407.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC08418.JPG
    DSC08418.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 41
What a liar. You did not scratch build this. You clearly have magical powers to conjure what you wish, and are trying to make it look like your "scratch building" this to us Muggles.

Seriously I will be following and drooling. I can't even get a decent result from a store bought model. Scratch building is just like reading Japanese. Never gonna happen for me.

Thank you very much for the kind words everyone, the only thing is when I build some thing this big is that I have not got the enough space to assemble it all. The museum may be picking up the model next week, and having not yet made a visit in person I know I will have to so that I can see it all in one piece and maybe get some photos so I can post them here. I wish I was a wizard I would have built many more things by niow, but Harry potter ran off with all my spell books. Mr Jamesfett, I knew you uncle Bobba, as an old guy (69 ) I have been sticking plastic for over 50 years like Luke you must do THERE IS NO TRY just give it a go, start slow and simple and then just let the glue and plastic run riot. If you need any help or tips just let me know . here are some of my very early models,
now everyone keep safe and well may your model knife never go blunt ,

best regards Barrie ( the very old guy )castle 2.jpgPC070027.jpgDSCF6577.JPGDSCF0743.jpgDSCF4449.jpgDSCF7290.jpgDSCF0407.jpg

Thank you for sharing all these pictures! This is some real inspirational stuff. It definitely gives me something to shoot for and I can't wait to see the finished Firefly ship!

I was thinking not to long ago that we haven't seen anything from you in a while now.
Always love all the scratch built stuff.

I can only imagine if both Barrie and Katsu ever got together and made some stuff.....the world might just end....lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back