Screen used props?

A few things . . .

A Divine Predescessor and First Contact Borg bits. . .

[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=1851&in=27133&t=i[/image]
Blade PM 3-
[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=1851&in=26196&t=i[/image]
Tools used to free Nix from "Lord of Illusions"
[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=1851&in=23909&t=i[/image]
Djinn suit from Wishmaster 3
[image]http://www.roguesynapse.com/collections/props/djinn%20and%20saucerman.JPG[/image]
Spear from John Carpenter's Vampires
[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=672&in=10438&t=i[/image]
Andromeda Strain Decontamination Helmet
[image]http://www.fotoheap.com/image.php?on=207&an=1851&in=29040&t=i[/image]

- Doc

Love the horror stuff, I'm a horror FANATIC. Love your LOI tool pouch kit, I wasn't a big fan of that film but I remember seeing the tools for sale and I thought they were awesome. The Djinn is also awesome, really nice stuff. I feel all alone in the horror collecting so it's good to see someone else that's into it.

Doc, love your Andromeda Strain helmet, WOW.. :eek Do you have the disarming keys too? :)

I have a few screen & production used props from the Taken miniseries (books, IDs, artifact prototype), a pair of screen-used goggles from Chronicles of Riddick:

riddick5.jpg

rid_goggles_sm_01.jpg

rid_goggles_sm_02.jpg

and a screen-used sandman costume from the 1976 MGM Logan's Run film. It consists of the gray-collared shirt, gray-breasted sleeveless tunic, and beaded cumberband (in the TV series the shirt & tunic were one piece):

IMG_2062s.JPG

IMG_2063s.JPG

IMG_2064s.JPG

IMG_2055s.JPG

IMG_2065s.JPG

IMG_2068s.JPG

IMG_2057s.JPG

IMG_2060s.JPG

As you can see I can't attach my replica follower because it has the same female velcro as the cumberband velcro block. :p Guess I should sell the cumberband now... ;)

I really should get a mannequin for this costume, notto mention a CC-firing "Deep Sleep" pistol. :D

- Gabe

Originally posted by REDCANINE+Jan 16 2006, 02:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(REDCANINE @ Jan 16 2006, 02:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-LewisD
@Jan 15 2006, 12:54 PM
KingNothing, that is really impressive. How did you obtain all of those props? They must have cost you a pretty penny...
[snapback]1159684[/snapback]​

KingNothing, my sentiments exactly, nice collection. Looks like an Army-Navy surplus store in your house. :p

Rogue, one of my favorite armor suits from any movie, barring the Imperial Stormtrooper of course. Gotta love those Judge hunters. Great prop.....

Bobby
TK-3230
Star Garrison
[snapback]1160654[/snapback]​
[/b]

Hahaha yeah. Mostly I just saved up. Worked my butt off and got some good contacts. I got a bunch of the stuff through Premiere props when it hit big. (None of the SPR or Band of Brothers though). I ended up making friends with a couple of BOB production guys and they hooked me up with some stuff when they auctioned it off after production. The SPR has come through tons of outlets though. From people who worked on the production, to people on the RPF too. Just everywhere. A lot of SPR (I mean like 90% or more) was sold off as surplus by Spielberg's request at the end of filming. So you have to know where to look.

Prop runner,

"As you can see I can't attach my replica follower because it has the same female velcro as the cumberband velcro block. Guess I should sell the cumberband now..."

Why not sew two pieces of hook velcro back to back, and make a velcro adapter.

Originally posted by Krel Jedi@Jan 18 2006, 02:22 AM
Prop runner,

"As you can see I can't attach my replica follower because it has the same female velcro as the cumberband velcro block. Guess I should sell the cumberband now..."

Why not sew two pieces of hook velcro back to back, and make a velcro adapter.
[snapback]1161932[/snapback]​
Ah, but then it would be like a wish bone - I'd never know which side would separate. :lol I think I'll just peel the loop velcro off the follower and glue hooks instead. :)

- Gabe

Gabe, AWESOME Sandman costume- That is amazing- Don't see much of the older classic sci-fi- Excellent score on that-

Thanks Fishzilla- There are at least a few horror prop guys here- I think there was a devoted thread around Halloween that showed a bunch-

Doc

<div class='quotetop'>(masterjedi322 @ Jan 17 2006, 12:31 AM) [snapback]1160725[/snapback]</div>
This is the only screen-used prop I own; a calculator-style handlink from Quantum Leap.

[image]http://www.seanpallas.com/images/handlink5.jpg[/image]

Sean
[/b]

WOW masterjedi322. I LOVE Quantum Leap.... Is there any chance of you sending be some more detailed pictures of your handlink from the direct front, side and back, in good quaility and also what it says on the red panel with yellow writing? I would be SO gratefull.

Thanks...

Jeddie

Great stuff guys, I especially like the Quantum Leap handlink. Here is my screen used piece(s).
From the opening scene of Temple of Doom. Some of the coins Lao Che tried to give Indy instead of the diamond:

Those are some great props...I can't wait to see what else comes in :)

Oh and creamedgeezer, I had no clue that the club in TOD was called Obi Wan

Instead of just showing the photos of my Judge Dredd props that I've had on my website for years, and anyone who has even done a Google image search for 'lawgiver' will already have seen, I thought I'd take some new pics.

This is my original plastic lawgiver, which I bought from Propstore of London.

lawgiver2.jpg

This pair of street judge cuffs came from David Zaritsky, along with a prototype lawgiver.

cuffs.jpg

and this ID badge came from an extra who also sold me a screen used cadet jacket.

condon.jpg

I also have a set of stunt street judge armour, a fibreglass lawgiver (which has been repaired and repainted) and a female street judge jumpsuit (which I can just about fit in to).

Cheers,

Wake

Nice collection you've got going there. The shadowbox approach works quite well for a lot of what you've got.

Visit www.SpinaCantina.com for pics of my collection, including many screen used/original pieces.

I've used everything from the "ole standard" the Ikea Detolf cabinet to custom acrylic cases... from cheapo ebay mannequins to custom built full body displays ala my original Snaggletooth costume.

You can also click my business site (either in my sig or on the spinacantina site there) and you'll find examples of displays I've worked on for other collectors.

Tom

i just recently started putting together my prop room so all my screen used stuff is in a box, as well as all my replicas. I guess it makes it easier to pack to the prop party this weekend.

You can see my original pieces on my site through my signature below.The biggest piece,and most challenging for display,was the production Y-Wing but the case made for it came out looking great.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back