SDCC08 - Dr WHO Replicas!

Mine was simple, I told them it was a replacement for a non working one and did not think I should pay again. It WAS a replacement, but it was also the first time I had been hit with charges.

Just give it a try, nothing ventured...

Mine was simple, I told them it was a replacement for a non working one and did not think I should pay again. It WAS a replacement, but it was also the first time I had been hit with charges.

Just give it a try, nothing ventured...

Thanks! I just received my 2nd sonic I ordered during the sale, but haven't received the FedEx paperwork yet.

If they do charge me, I'll claim it is a replacement for the first order. :rolleyes

The new sonic is slightly better than the first one I received. The blue paint in the groove is darker and the slider movement is smoother. I haven't disassembled it yet to see what, if anything, has changed.

I'm glad I didn't wait until the end of the month before ordering! :)

The slider movement tends to 'wear in' after a bit of use. Because it's all metal, and a tight fit in there, sometimes it takes a bit of use to soften the action. This is why the internals are brass because aluminium against aluminium tends to bind but brass will smooth out against the brass after a bit of use. They're all lubricated with a little cutting compound to help wear them in.

I have one I keep in my coat pocket and it started out a bit stiff but is now so smooth. I've also been suprised at how well the paint has lasted against a pocket full of keys and loose change over 6 months. High points have lost a little paint and exposed a bit of brass in places but it looks better I think as it has a bit of age and character now.

Neill

Thanks! I just received my 2nd sonic I ordered during the sale, but haven't received the FedEx paperwork yet.

If they do charge me, I'll claim it is a replacement for the first order. :rolleyes

The new sonic is slightly better than the first one I received. The blue paint in the groove is darker and the slider movement is smoother. I haven't disassembled it yet to see what, if anything, has changed.

I'm glad I didn't wait until the end of the month before ordering! :)

Mine was a replacement (3rd time around). It has some rough grinding marks on the acrylic tube which bummed me out, but I was just so happy to FINALLY have a working LED! I just decided to shut up and live with it, rather than send it back for a FOURTH go...:wacko

Wow, you keep it in your pocket with other stuff? I carry mine around when I wear a jacket, but I never put anything in the same pocket and I'm always really careful not to bump it around.

I wish I could have justified purchasing another just to put in my pocket and play around with (even at the lower cost), but I simply couldn't. All for the better, I suppose, since it allowed someone else to pick one of these up.

I honestly can't express in words how much I love the piece. :) It's just sad that we'll never get a Laser Screwdriver from MFX :cry

It's just sad that we'll never get a Laser Screwdriver from MFX :cry

Yeah, I was really looking forward to that one. I held off on buying the CO toy to get the replica. Now I'll have to find one.

<rationalization>
Oh well. The money I saved for buying a MFX Laser Screwdriver replica went towards a second sonic! :rolleyes
</rationalization>

It's just sad that we'll never get a Laser Screwdriver from MFX :cry
Yeah, I was really looking forward to that one. I held off on buying the CO toy to get the replica. Now I'll have to find one.

<rationalization>
Oh well. The money I saved for buying a MFX Laser Screwdriver replica went towards a second sonic! :rolleyes
</rationalization>
I'll third that sentiment. I REALLY wanted the Laser Screwdriver from MFX! :(

Sadly, now it looks like the only way to get one will be to wait... and wait... and wait some more... in the hopes that someone else, ANYONE ELSE, will make it. :unsure

Right now, I know of only one person that plans to tackle the project, but not until 2011 at the earliest. :unsure

You know, complaining about it won't make a laser screwdriver appear on the market, just saying. It was nice enough of Neill to make it possible to get a sonic. As cool as the laser screwdriver is, it was only in one episode.

Oh, Primrodo's good at that. Much like Banner's intent for the Hulk - sometimes we just aim him. ;)

You wouldn't like me when I am hungry...

:p

It is disappointing that we will never see a proper licensed laser screwdriver replica run, however, I am sure someone can come up with some great replicas.

I love my MFX sonic and am a proud owner, but I hear another Sonic Screwdriver replica will be out some time...look forward to seeing it as well!

View attachment 26915
i bought this custom Tom Baker mask from the makers of plastic-earth.com..i was told its one of a kind??idk how true that is but its awsome and freaks my roomates out!

THAT is the singlemost creepiest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. It's like Tom Baker by way of Lon Chaney in "London After Midnight." I couldn't sleep with that gruesome visage in my neighborhood.

Or state.

If you were to tell me you were somewhere on the West Coast, I'd probably sleep better tonight.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back