SDCC08 - Dr WHO Replicas!

Neill,
Whatever became of this sonic?

Just curious.

Pics courtesy of your friends at the MPPC.

DSC00331a.jpg

Neill...before you go, I just wanted to tell you, you were fantastic! Absolutely Fantastic! And you know what? You provided me with the prized prop in my collection! Thank you!

I just got my sonic today, much earlier than expected. It's absolutely brilliant! Thanks Neill!

NIGHTTIME EDIT: The LED in this thing is fantastic, it lights up the whole room!

Last edited:
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, anyone ordering a sonic who has a query or needs to change their order details please don't PM me through the RPF, or any other forum, to do this. I don't handle ANY part of the ordering and dispatch process, have no access to the webiste shopping cart system (techno dunce and can't be trusted!) and am currently 350 miles away from where that is being done so I really can't help.

I also don't check PM's that often!

I'd hate someone to have to change or cancel an order and to think they'd done that by PM'ing me through this forum. Please just use the contact details on the website. It's the quickest and most efficient way to deal with any order queries, I promise you.

Emails will be responded to but please remember there's a time difference if you're outside of the UK AND they only get managed during regular office hours so if you send an email Friday night it won't even be opened until Monday so don't be panicking and going crazy on a Sunday because your Friday night email didn't get a reply yet. Please be patient!

Cheers guys
Neill

I have had a bit of an issue with my order from MFX
I ordered and paid for one of their sonic screwdrivers on the 1st March in their "mad sale" and it should have been with me within a couple of days.
It is now the 12th and I still havn't received it. I have sent several emails and although Martina has been onto the post office and it should have been sent recorded it seems like it has been lost:angry
The worrying part is Martina said " I am afraid there is nothing we can do about it once the parcel is out of our hands."
she said that she would keep me informed but at the moment I'm £180 out of pocket with nothing to show.
What do I do now, who is responsible for getting this to me,should I wait or should I initiate a chargeback on my credit card ?

I have had a bit of an issue with my order from MFX
I ordered and paid for one of their sonic screwdrivers on the 1st March in their "mad sale" and it should have been with me within a couple of days.
It is now the 12th and I still havn't received it. I have sent several emails and although Martina has been onto the post office and it should have been sent recorded it seems like it has been lost:angry
The worrying part is Martina said " I am afraid there is nothing we can do about it once the parcel is out of our hands."
she said that she would keep me informed but at the moment I'm £180 out of pocket with nothing to show.
What do I do now, who is responsible for getting this to me,should I wait or should I initiate a chargeback on my credit card ?

Hi Megamicrofish

Firstly I'm sorry you're having problems.The problem is the post office don't consider it 'lost' until after something like 14-16 working days I think (off the top of my head but it's something like that!). Once considered 'Lost' by the post office we can then initiate action and we will send you a replacement and we can make a claim against them. Until that point there's every chance it will turn up. In the meantime we have to wait for it to happen one way or another. As it stands your sonic will have been dispatched probably on the 3rd meaning it will have been in their system on the 4th so counting forwards we're only up to about 7 working days.

I hate to say be patient but please do. I know it's frustrating but it's frustrating for us too as we have to deal with the fallout from a service provider letting us down and making us look bad but we can do nothing but follow the procedure set down by the post office for the service that's been paid for. You're not being screwed or messed around by us. This is the postal service that you paid for and this is the process it goes through and we are not the post office so we can't hurry up your order. Once posted it is out of our hands until officially classed as 'lost'. Out of several hundred that have been dispatched via royal mail I think we've had 3 go off the radar. Once officially 'lost' we then send a replacement and you won't lose out.

I'm sorry not to just jump and send you a replacement immediately but there is every chance that it may still turn up in the next few days. If we send replacements every time someone called and says their sonic hasn't turned up yet then we'd send out dozens which we then have to try and get returned when the original finally turns up late.

I'll speak to Martina and clarify the post offices official stance on when an item can be classed as 'lost' and get back to you. If the sonic isn't with you by that date then a replacement will be sent immediately as we have done with all previous customers in the same situation. In the meantime please do be patient.

Best
Neill

p.s. also, as this is Friday evening I can't do anything until Monday morning now anyway so, I hate to say it again but, please be patient with us.

Last edited:
Hi Megamicrofish

Firstly I'm sorry you're having problems.The problem is the post office don't consider it 'lost' until after something like 14-16 working days I think (off the top of my head but it's something like that!). Once considered 'Lost' by the post office we can then initiate action and we will send you a replacement and we can make a claim against them. Until that point there's every chance it will turn up. In the meantime we have to wait for it to happen one way or another. As it stands your sonic will have been dispatched probably on the 3rd meaning it will have been in their system on the 4th so counting forwards we're only up to about 7 working days.

I hate to say be patient but please do. I know it's frustrating but it's frustrating for us too as we have to deal with the fallout from a service provider letting us down and making us look bad but we can do nothing but follow the procedure set down by the post office for the service that's been paid for. You're not being screwed or messed around by us. This is the postal service that you paid for and this is the process it goes through and we are not the post office so we can't hurry up your order. Once posted it is out of our hands until officially classed as 'lost'. Out of several hundred that have been dispatched via royal mail I think we've had 3 go off the radar. Once officially 'lost' we then send a replacement and you won't lose out.

I'm sorry not to just jump and send you a replacement immediately but there is every chance that it may still turn up in the next few days. If we send replacements every time someone called and says their sonic hasn't turned up yet then we'd send out dozens which we then have to try and get returned when the original finally turns up late.

I'll speak to Martina and clarify the post offices official stance on when an item can be classed as 'lost' and get back to you. If the sonic isn't with you by that date then a replacement will be sent immediately as we have done with all previous customers in the same situation. In the meantime please do be patient.

Best
Neill

p.s. also, as this is Friday evening I can't do anything until Monday morning now anyway so, I hate to say it again but, please be patient with us.

Thanks for posting Neil. I will wait, although I have no faith in the post office :rolleyes. I look forward to receiving it............eventually

SOLD OUT!!!!

That's it guys. The sale is over and the last sonics are out the door.

There's contingency to cover any that have been sent that may have issues, such as being lost in the post, so anyone who has placed an order recently needn't worry but otherwise that's them all gone.

There was one last sale out to wholesale to The Collectors centre in the Strand (sci Fi collector I think they are online) so they will continue to hold some stock but otherwise that's it from us.

What can I say - it's been a trip! For those of you have bought them THANK YOU from all at MFX! I hope you enjoy them for years to come.

Cheers
Neill

OK, so it's been well over a week since I got my sonic and today I went out and checked my mail to find a letter from FedEx saying I owed them $24 in import duties. Is that how it normally works? I could understand if I had to pay the duty to get the sonic, but this seems a little weird to me.

Welcome to the club. I argued a little with them and played dumb a little bit and she finally said that they have a one-time courtesy thing where they could waive the amount owed. I guess I lucked up considering I had a total of three sonics shipped here.

What's even forcing you to pay it? It's not like they can return to sender a week after it's been delivered.

OK, so it's been well over a week since I got my sonic and today I went out and checked my mail to find a letter from FedEx saying I owed them $24 in import duties. Is that how it normally works? I could understand if I had to pay the duty to get the sonic, but this seems a little weird to me.

FEDEX prepays duty on incoming items so you don't have to wait for them. Others have had success in getting FedEx to waive the fees ...

-Adam

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back