Interest SECOND RUN: Accurate Zinc Cast MGC SW/44 Hammers and Machined Aluminum Nakata Browning Firing-Block Greebles for the ROTJ E-11

GCLAMBERT89

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I intended to sell metal 3d prints of these parts, but due to some friendly persuasion from members of the community, I decided to go all the way and produce them using the same methods as the original parts.

I had commissioned a small run of replica MGC SW/44 hammer greebles cast in zinc. The end result has quite a bit of weight and looks nearly identical to the original piece.
C688848E-8D38-4ED8-900A-84767EAF0753.jpeg

E73CF5E6-70A3-4215-81DC-133F4BF096E0.jpeg
495B4867-CDD4-4D90-B06D-776992AFB8E0.jpeg

The firing-block, taken from the Nakata Browning replica, is believed to be a machined aluminum piece due to how lightweight the part is. I currently have an order placed for the firing-block parts to be machined, so no images just yet.

This is all thanks to DarthWilder, who was so patient to answer my questions and kind enough to provide me with hundreds of photos and numerous measurements of his original firing-block and hammer parts. The firing-block, due to its complexity, was reverse-engineered from a photogrammetry scan I created from the hundreds of photos of the part. The end result is a 1:1 copy, with some cleanup and restoration of areas that were worn away.
E7BDD36E-EB7D-4B62-85EB-10AEC061D112.png

FE671412-A984-427D-A0F8-A93C51088EAF.png

F51B2862-0B67-46CD-9B92-BCF1E7D8C9A7.png

583F8AFF-E8DC-4B19-8810-16BF028D9D5A.png

C3DDAD3B-5027-4271-91A6-BD334DC2C153.jpeg
90A5CB22-493F-4B1A-B232-10918B76B37B.jpeg

I suffer from a perfectionist mentality, and am rarely ever satisfied with my work; this is one of those rare moments.

What you will receive will be two SW/44 hammers and one Browning firing-block along with correct fitting rivets.

Price per set will be $95.

This is a limited run of only 10 sets; PM me or comment below if you want to be on the list.

FIRST RUN:
1. DarthWilder (PAID) (shipped)
2. DarthWilder (PAID) (shipped)
3. DarthWilder (PAID) (shipped)
4. djedi (PAID) (shipped)
5. bobasfett (PAID) (shipped)
6. cdyoung (PAID) (shipped)
7. teecrooz (PAID) (shipped)
8. edraven99 (PAID) (shipped)
9. R2Dan (PAID) (shipped)
10. Kurtyboy (PAID) (shipped)

UPDATE:
Thank you to everyone who participated in the last run of these parts! I have had many members ask if I will do another run, so here it is. The minimum order amount is 10, if we can hit that then we are good to go. I do have other projects that are priority, so I will keep this open until sometime in mid to late February. Thank you!

SECOND RUN:
1. Cantina_Dude (PAID) (shipped)
2. Slave1 (PAID) (shipped)
3. Lonepigeon (PAID) (shipped)
4. JetSetWilly (PAID) (shipped)
5. Hunter120844 (PAID) (shipped)
6. thd9791 (PAID) (shipped)
7. Lichtbringer (PAID)
8. mgoob (PAID) (shipped)
9. starbuc (PAID) (shipped)
10. ecojedi83 (PAID) (shipped)
11. jkno (PAID) (shipped)
12. Odiwan72 (PAID) (shipped)
13. Mr_Sparkle (PAID) (shipped)

Last edited:
Well that was quick :oops:

Didn’t expect the list to fill up that quickly. I will be contacting each of you for payment and shipping details in the coming days.

Darn. Sorry I missed out on this.
If you decide to do another run, please put me down for a set.
Thanks!

UPDATE: All orders have been packaged with the exception of orders from those requesting the sight piece and/or U-Channel. The sight piece parts have been delayed by the shipper and will be arriving next Tuesday. Once they arrive I will send out your orders asap.

As for those who purchased a set of U-Channels, I need to have a new set of tooling made as the current set is producing poorly formed pieces. It will likely be a few weeks before I will be able to produce u-channels again.

For those who did not purchase a set of u-channels or RO72 sight piece, your orders will be shipping out tomorrow.

Thank you

Last edited:
Apologies to everyone that I have sent packages to. It appears I made a slip up and placed only one set of rivets for the gun hammers, there are two sets that are needed, one per hammer. I will send out the additional rivets in a small envelope to each of you.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the first run of these parts. I will be doing a second run of parts if we can hit the minimum order of 10 sets. I will keep the list open till mid to late February as I have other projects that require my attention. I will be contacting those who are interested for payment a week before I place the order.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back