Shazam! Fury of the Gods

Gimpdiggity

Master Member

I did not know that this clip/teaser/behind the scenes video had been released for this.

Looks like we don’t have a thread for the film yet.

I’m looking forward to it. The first one was fantastic…just a lot of fun. Honestly, it kinda changed my opinion of the DC films and since then I’ve enjoyed them a lot more.

So they can sell more toys, of course.
That's definitely one reason, and also the reason why movies and cartoon shows have multiple action figure versions of the main hero. Years ago, I read about some marketing that showed that multiple different action figures of the main character of superhero content (like "space-suit Spider-Man, "scuba-Spider-Man," etc) would sell better than ancillary chatacters, especially female characters, which is why there were so few female action figures, even when there were prominently featured female characters. Not sure if it totally holds true today, but it probably still does to some degree.

But I also remember Bryan Singer, when making the X-Men movies, saying that people wanted sequels to be "the same, but different." So he also made a point of making the costumes slightly different for each movie.

Welcome to the world of anti-intellectual,not just this movie but most coming out now. “The movie was not the best but I was entertained” seems to be the new norm.
Unfortunately, most movies aren't even entertaining anymore. That's why Hollywood had their worst year in more than a decade last year.

Most movies are made to entertain and always have been, that doesn't make them anti-intellectual.
This looks like a fun time as long as you forget about the rest of the DCU.
Not anymore. They're made to preach with a thin veneer of flashy CGI over them. Even Kevin Feige says that Marvel movies are more about the message than the story.

Apparently it’s been getting less than stellar reviews, which I feel is a disservice to the film, having just got out of it myself. I had fun watching it, definitely more so than the last few years of post-pandemic Marvel. Shame that this one’s going to slip past a lot of people’s radar. Side-note: I love all the crumbly sets and ruins they have in the movie.

I saw it today, and really enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed it more than the first film. It was funnier and had more heart. They amped up the stakes a bit too, which is par for the course for a sequel, but worked well here. I wasn't expecting much after seeing the trailer, but was pleasantly surprised. The 2 end credit scenes don't really add much to the story, but the mid credit scene was at least a little funny.

There are times when the design of superhero costumes just look garish and silly…

That was true for the 1990’s Justice League of America…

6CAE3DD0-79FA-4718-875C-5C80240A1975.jpeg

and, for some reason, I’m having the same reaction to Shazam! Fury of the Gods.

C76A6378-5B65-4E93-8BF5-3B911A29F8C8.jpeg

The costumes just look cheap and “Saturday Morning Live Action Kids Show-ish” to me.

9427BBC9-7898-4D6A-B4C7-30B30C39E806.jpeg

D795BD29-9BD7-459B-929A-7E9C3473A3B1.jpeg

Last edited:
I liked it more than the first one, which I felt was one of the better DC movies of recent times. Don't understand the issue people have with it, though. I liked the sillier costumes of the first one though. Felt like a super hero costume thought up by a kid. These new ones just feel generic and overly designed.

When getting home from the movies I had a mental breakdown as I saw people suggesting on Youtube that Zack Snyder will be back to make more DC movies. AAARRRGGGHHH... we finally got him and his infantile grimdark vision out of there... seriously hope it's not true.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back